Home

Does pump up crowd and quiet crowd do anything?

This is a discussion on Does pump up crowd and quiet crowd do anything? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-07-2010, 11:17 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Does pump up crowd and quiet crowd do anything?

The abilities to pump up the crowd on defense and quiet the crowd on offense have been around for years but do they serve any purpose besides starting their respective animations? Have they actually done anything over the past several years and I just haven't noticed?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-07-2010, 11:27 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: Does pump up crowd and quiet crowd do anything?

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillysouljah
The abilities to pump up the crowd on defense and quiet the crowd on offense have been around for years but do they serve any purpose besides starting their respective animations? Have they actually done anything over the past several years and I just haven't noticed?
was wondering the same.

it would be cool if it were like ncaa football
Old 08-07-2010, 11:33 PM   #3
Dog
aka jnes12/JNes__

Dog's Arena

OVR: 60

i always pretend it gives my team an advantage lol

Old 08-08-2010, 12:58 AM   #4
Pro

OVR: 10

Yeah, they do have a purpose.

...They pump up the crowd or quiet the crowd (if you're the home team)
Old 08-08-2010, 05:21 AM   #5
Rookie

EmmittSmithx22x's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillysouljah
well. along time ago I thought the same thing... I can't say this for sure. Because it could just be coincidence. But If you try to pump up the crowd on defense. If the offense goes for a fake "hike" it increases the probability of the offensive creating a false start penalty.

Now on the flip side. If you try to quite the crowd at home. It will decrease the likely-hood of a fake "hike" causing a false start. I have tested this to the best of my ability even though I couldn't come up with a concrete test. I noticed that if you pump up the crowd there are slightly more false start calls. and if you quiet the crowd there is slightly less false start calls.

Again this could be purely coincidence.

OS
VETS Madden League:
Vets Bowl V,VII,IX Champion (Bengals)

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-08-2010, 09:32 AM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmmittSmithx22x
well. along time ago I thought the same thing... I can't say this for sure. Because it could just be coincidence. But If you try to pump up the crowd on defense. If the offense goes for a fake "hike" it increases the probability of the offensive creating a false start penalty.

Now on the flip side. If you try to quite the crowd at home. It will decrease the likely-hood of a fake "hike" causing a false start. I have tested this to the best of my ability even though I couldn't come up with a concrete test. I noticed that if you pump up the crowd there are slightly more false start calls. and if you quiet the crowd there is slightly less false start calls.

Again this could be purely coincidence.
Are you seeing false start penalties in the retail version of the game in the first place?

In the demo I cranked up the false start slider to 100 and still only saw 2 false starts in 10 games. It would be good to hear that it does happen a bit more frequently then that - and it would be even better if your observation is correct - that pumping up the crowd increases its chance of happening to the opposition.
Old 08-08-2010, 09:56 AM   #7
Banned

OVR: 5

penalties are interesting with this... does anyone know on peoples ratings what makes them give away more penalties? I seem to see the backups with low awareness give away more penalties could it be awareness or does pumping up the crowd work?
Old 08-08-2010, 11:34 AM   #8
Dog
aka jnes12/JNes__

Dog's Arena

OVR: 60

it would be really cool if the crowd could affect gameplay. like more false starts when they are loud and the home team playing well when they are loud, and not as well when its quiet

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »