Home

How would you rank the quality of Maddens visuals/animations to other sports games?

This is a discussion on How would you rank the quality of Maddens visuals/animations to other sports games? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-08-2010, 11:20 AM   #1
Rbk
Rookie

Rbk's Arena

OVR: 5
How would you rank the quality of Maddens visuals/animations to other sports games?

I feel that 11 has gotten us closer to the likes of NHL, FIFA and The show and we're not all that far off now. The upgraded locomotion system really helps make things seem smooth compared to last year. I think they're inching closer to the other games in fluidity. Graphics IMO are on par with those games and once they get all the animations down it'll be awesome

What you guys think?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-08-2010, 01:10 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 21
Re: How would you rank the quality of Maddens visuals/animations to other sports game

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbk
I feel that 11 has gotten us closer to the likes of NHL, FIFA and The show and we're not all that far off now. The upgraded locomotion system really helps make things seem smooth compared to last year. I think they're inching closer to the other games in fluidity. Graphics IMO are on par with those games and once they get all the animations down it'll be awesome

What you guys think?
not close, the player detail in-game is not close.....also those other games use realistic lighting, HDR...which is more taxing on a game as well and they still look better....also they have better crowds....fields are more detailed....

its not close right now....I think some should play some of these games side by side..

right now with overall graphics....its MLB The Show leading the way 1080p/60fps , HDR, High Rez player models, best crowds in the business, best stadiums and more....then NBA2k10 which is doing a GREAT job catching up, Pro Evo Soccer, NHL2010, FIFA....

as far as football.....Madden still has to compete with the likes of All Pro Football 2k8...although, imo, Madden 11 might have the better overall "look" being it released 3 years later...but when it comes to player detail, APF2k8 seems to have it beat...and I believe there is field and uniforms get dirty.....and they have better proportioned player models....
and then there is BackBreaker, which pushes alot of graphical effects...but i'm not going to get too much into that, for obvious reasons....
I'll just leave a link to what that game does when it comes to graphics...the devs talked about it awhile back and even had mini video of effects turn off then on for examples...
http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/847/847497p2.html

and here is a video I just made with a night time game 9ers vs Bears where Crabtree looks to of got killed....but you can see how realistic it looks (from lighting to movement) we all know about player models...or should I say oversized shoulder pads...
check out the whole thing from various camera angles...but pay attention to :15 of the video, that just looks real...seriously...from colors, lighting, to animations...when they all come together..it looks real in certain parts...

I'm not going to say who is better, because Madden does push other things that BB doesn't like Sidelines and refs on the field...

anyway pics from other thread comparing player detail in Madden vs APF2k8

Madden 2011

APF2k8

there are other parts where it looks great, but mostly those are from auto replays that have added effects turned on...like Forza Motorsport replays..

besides up-close graphical detail, unproportionate players, and animation problems, Madden the last few years has some of the best authentic stadium "look"....hard to explain, but it comes back to Art...and who ever is in charge of making these stadiums feel like their real life counterparts has done a real great job.....from the colors to alot of things....very good job....

Last edited by Afrikan; 08-08-2010 at 01:17 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »