Home

I Think The 2 Biggest Madden Issues Were Fixed!

This is a discussion on I Think The 2 Biggest Madden Issues Were Fixed! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-08-2010, 01:11 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
I Think The 2 Biggest Madden Issues Were Fixed!

I am a longtime Madden PC player and when I came over to the 360 3-4 years ago, I was very disappointed. The game looked amazing but that is all it had going for it.

While Madden has been getting better on the console each year, there were still 2 glaring, very bad problems that look to now be fixed:

1. Atmosphere. This was actually improved (a little bit) last year. The worst was 2 years ago when you would not be able to tell the difference from the crowd between a pre-season TD or a game winning TD in the Super Bowl.

No atmosphere completely ruined the game for me.

This was improved last year but still not great. From this year's demo, it looks like the atmosphere is much better this year. The crowd actually makes some noise when you score a TD, break away on a run, or make a big play on defense and that is even with the demo. It's probably better in the retail version.

It looks like atmosphere may finally be there and this could be the best Madden ever.

2. Announcers. This is part of the atmosphere also.

I came from Madden PC with Al Michaels and John Madden who I think are the best announcers ever in Madden. Wish we could have them back!

Collinsworth was great but the monotone robot boring radio guy from the past few years was the WORST. Killed the game for me. I was very happy to hear that he wasn't going to be in Madden 11.

While I would much rather have Michaels and Madden back in the booth, Collinsworth and Johnson sound pretty darn good, and Johnson is a million times better than Hammond. While it's not as good as it could be with Michaels and Madden, at least it doesn't ruin the game like Hammond did in years past.

With better atmosphere and announcers, this could be the best Madden ever!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-08-2010, 02:04 PM   #2
7 dirty words...

ryan36's Arena

OVR: 36
Re: I Think The 2 Biggest Madden Issues Were Fixed!

Use the impressions thread bud.

closed
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »