Home

HAs EA sports fixed their obvious flaws?

This is a discussion on HAs EA sports fixed their obvious flaws? within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)

Old 07-28-2003, 11:26 AM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: HAs EA sports fixed their obvious flaws?

Quote:

Dapo said:
We all kno about the new OWner's mode but thats not really important. What i want to kno be4 i give madden 2004 a chance (until ESPN NFL football comes out of course) is what has EA sports fixed.As seen in the videos and interviews, VC has proved they have fixed all last years porblems. EA ignores their flaws and just keep adding stuff to cover them. thats only going to cut it for a couple of months. IF ANYBODY COULD PROVE HOW THEY FIXED THIS PROBLEMS, REPLY.

List of last years problems

1. Mario Running
2. Sunction blocking
3. Money plays
4. too much momentum
5. defensive coverage - im tired of scoring all the time. i want to get picked off i could play last years game with my eyes closed because i dont have to see the man get open.
6. Sliding like the football field is a skating ring(people dont slide on grass)
7. Commmentary.... too damn repetitive and boring
8. The only effective move is the juke

Madden is still a great game but if they dont fix this problems dis year their crown will taking away and giving to ESPN NFL FOOTBALL.

8. You obvioulsy haven't run wide with a defender closing in, and then spun back towards the center of the field.
Old 07-28-2003, 11:33 AM   #18
Rookie

simpsman2244's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:

gambit816 said:
Quote:

Dapo said:
We all kno about the new OWner's mode but thats not really important. What i want to kno be4 i give madden 2004 a chance (until ESPN NFL football comes out of course) is what has EA sports fixed.As seen in the videos and interviews, VC has proved they have fixed all last years porblems. EA ignores their flaws and just keep adding stuff to cover them. thats only going to cut it for a couple of months. IF ANYBODY COULD PROVE HOW THEY FIXED THIS PROBLEMS, REPLY.

List of last years problems

1. Mario Running
2. Sunction blocking
3. Money plays
4. too much momentum
5. defensive coverage - im tired of scoring all the time. i want to get picked off i could play last years game with my eyes closed because i dont have to see the man get open.
6. Sliding like the football field is a skating ring(people dont slide on grass)
7. Commmentary.... too damn repetitive and boring
8. The only effective move is the juke

Madden is still a great game but if they dont fix this problems dis year their crown will taking away and giving to ESPN NFL FOOTBALL.

8. You obvioulsy haven't run wide with a defender closing in, and then spun back towards the center of the field.

also stiff arm works preety well. i use it alot when im near the sidelines and a defender is closing in
Old 07-28-2003, 03:46 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 4

I doubt they have fixed the flaws cuz they don't speak about it amywhere i've seen. Also that playmaker seems like it just makes offense that much easier, plus the EGM review said something about hard to cover WR. I wish EA would work more on thier gameplay and graphics rather than add a new mode. Don't get me wrong but, the owner mode thing is fine but too complex and confusing and doesn't seem all that great either. I'm begining to think EA strays away from working on the football aspects and just focuses on gimmicks to sell to us. I don't mind Owner mode but the gameplay isn't realistic enough. Also the graphics look dated when I look at ESPN's there's look way more real. If Madden would quit adding these features and work on gameplay they might stay on top but it seems ESPN will take the crown within 2 years the way that game is coming along. I played 2k3 to try it and I have to say it's far more realistic then Madden nad more rewarding when you score or play good defense cuz it's tough and you have total control. I'm also reading that a lot of what Maddens fans and 2k fans don't like about the 2k series is being fixed and made much better. That first person football mode looks downright insane and from reading what people with the beta version say it's really feels like your in the action and your heart is pumpin cuz of how intense it is. I will get ESPN over Madden this year cuz Maddens gameplay doesn't look like to much was improved or added and only thing new in it is owner mode.
Old 07-28-2003, 03:53 PM   #20
Sean Payton: Retribution

jmood88's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:

Graphik said:
Quote:

jistic said:
Quote:

jmood88 said:
Quote:

MSUSPartanPride said:
Last time I checked, I slide on grass when I have momentum. The only time the players slide a lot in Madden is when the field is wet.

What the hell are you talking about? If you can slide in dry grass then you must be pretty damn big. And in madden the players slide no matter what the weather is. You're the only one who has seen this because even the people who loke madden admit that they slide no matter what. It's their supposed "momentum" I play football and I've never slid or seen anyone else slide.

Ever watch a baseball game? Ever see an outfielder stretch out for a diving catch? Does he slide?

If I was yall I would'nt even pay dude no attention. That grass sliding thing seems to be his biggest complaint in Madden. I truly have'nt figured out what hes talking about. And he says Madden fans all agree to this, show me where this has been a complaint.

I'm not stuck on the grass sliding thing but the guy was talking about sliding on grass so I responded. And I meant sliding on grass when turning not when someone is trying to slide.
Old 07-28-2003, 03:55 PM   #21
Pr*s*n*r#70460649

Graphik's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:

I'm not stuck on the grass sliding thing but the guy was talking about sliding on grass so I responded. And I meant sliding on grass when turning not when someone is trying to slide.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-28-2003, 04:02 PM   #22
Sean Payton: Retribution

jmood88's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:

Graphik said:
Quote:

The guy responded about baseball players who slide in the grass. What I was talking about is sliding when someone is running and trying to turn.
Old 07-28-2003, 04:06 PM   #23
Pr*s*n*r#70460649

Graphik's Arena

OVR: 22

Oh Ok, I see what you mean. But they dont slide while turning. If you're holding speed burst while running, you're gonna turn like a truck. Especially with a 250 pound lineman. Yes, the momentum was a bit overdone, but after playing NCAA, it is perfect now.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »