Home

Madden NFL 11 Review

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 11 Review within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-14-2010, 03:08 PM   #177
Banned

OVR: 49
Re: Madden NFL 11 Review

To rate this game a 9 is just plain out funny on all accounts. Seriously, how do we even begin having a serious discussion about a 9 rating? So over the top, theres just no other what to look at this. A 9 rating will more then likely be the best rated game in sports this year. How very sad.
Old 08-14-2010, 04:31 PM   #178
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelman990
To rate this game a 9 is just plain out funny on all accounts. Seriously, how do we even begin having a serious discussion about a 9 rating? So over the top, theres just no other what to look at this. A 9 rating will more then likely be the best rated game in sports this year. How very sad.
Not that far off from the lowest reviews of 8 and it's not even the highest rating on the net.
Old 09-06-2010, 03:33 PM   #179
Banned

OVR: 1
One thing i get sick of is about 9 out of 10 times you start a game gus says who are you looking at as the key players in this one, and he says well i got my eyes on the two quarter backs in this one obviously guys that have experience blah blah blah they were supposed to fix dis ****, it gets annoying every time i play a ****ing game and i was hopin for better EA **** you
Old 09-06-2010, 05:25 PM   #180
Pro

OVR: 13

Is this thread about reviewing Madden or OS's credibility? Why not keep it about the game

I typed my review up in my blog. If you want to check it out:
http://www.operationsports.com/Meast...madden-review/

This is a good football game. Undoubtedly the best on the market. But, it's basically Madden 10. If I put an overall number on it, I'd give it a 6. It got a lot of things right, but so many other things wrong. That and it did little to improve itself in many important categories.
Old 09-06-2010, 05:58 PM   #181
Banned

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Themarkedone
How does this game score higher then The show or NHL? Both are so much more deeper, and represent their sport so much better then madden

The show got marked down as it was Similar to 9, yet franchise mode and superstar modes in MADDEN and the worst of ALL major sports titles and have basicially been left untouched for 4 years. Explain this?

Defense in 11 is broken, just look up you tube videos of defenders standing still, constantly allowing receivers ru past them and not even reacting, allowing them to get wide open by 15 yards. They also often dont even react to the ball, and just stand still while a receiver catches the ball right next to them

Broken tackles - need I say more? I have never played a so called SIm game that plays more arcadey then this. often no name RB's break 5 + tackles on a run, sometimes with 2-3 LB's on their back.

Play Action is broken, a major part of offense in the NFl is playaction, yet its broken and this game gets a 9? LMAO. The Lineman literally wont even try to block on PA plays, most of the time its a sack before the Qb even is ready.

It is obvious OS has some kind of affiliation with EA, IGN was harder on the game then a SO CALLED hardcore sports site.

This madden is more like arena football then madden, how can this game score a 9 with such stale modes and broken gameplay, when there is not one thing NHL or The Show does for their sports gets lower.

Online is a mess, with no penalties for quitters, cant invite friends to ranked matches, and its a shootout of **** proportions.

Strategy pad was a useless addition, as is gameflow, although Gameplanning IS a good concept, too bad the Ai still doesnt work properly with it right now.

KICK RETURNS, they dont BLOCK, LMAO. Again, why did OS not mention any of this barely at all in the reviews, this game is clearly designed at the casual COD gamer who wants to score TDs every drive.

No one can convince me OS has not lost a lot of credibility with their madden review this year.
The bold was well said.

Over the weekend, a bunch of friends and I got together to play some Madden 11. We had a tournament and even started a franchise, it was fun - but my goodness, all the games ended like 60-49. It was definately a scoring fest where it was nothing but touchdowns and breakaways. Then again, I remember Madden always being like this where all we did was drop back and just throw hail marys all day But the defense just seems very weak this year.

Madden in the past tried tuning down the passing with the flashlight (Madden 06) and with the hitchstep in Madden 10 where the ball carrier would slow down while the defender kept his pace.

Expect to see the return of the hitchstep, because any tight end on a slant route is deadly. Billy Bajema, even though hes like a 60 overall, if he gets hit on a slant route he will not go down with that 85 break tackle.

Madden 12 will need to really dig deep with the attributes, it was sad to see when we did a fantasy draft everybody just drafted WRs who had the speed - didn't even bother to look at the other attributes like catch, run route, awareness. It is just speed and break tackle.

I am hoping Madden 12 steps it up, give us a good franchise with a fixed IR and expanded rosters. About the rosters, atleast for exhibition games and online games, make the rosters like 80 space --- the 53 limit should just be something in Franchise after preseason. No rosters ever have just 53 players on it, come on EA!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-23-2010, 04:42 AM   #182
Rookie

OVR: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan36
...did I miss it, or is there nothing in there about how the game plays when your on D?

The offensive improvements, still imo warrant a purchase, and I hope they patch the PA blocking that was talked about.

...So I looked again , and no mention of what it's like to play defense, no mention of special teams, or if the new kick meter plays true to life...

I'm not saying I could write a review for the most important game any better...but did OS really just only review 1/3 of a game, and give it a 9? This doesn't strike me as a review of Madden, but a review of Madden's offense.
you are exactly right my friend, and as it turns out the defense is horrible on madden, you cant make tackles, the cpu breaks for constant touchdowns, I have had the cpu break for 6 tackles in one play numerous times.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »