Home

Madden NFL 11 Review

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 11 Review within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-09-2010, 01:59 PM   #41
So long to a Legend.

ANDROMADA 1's Arena

OVR: 65
Re: Madden NFL 11 Review

I like the review. I don't see the problem with defense in general. I have used the Texans for most of my games and have kept the offenses in check. Sure I give up big plays from time to time but the major difference from my point of view is I don't feel "cheated" when it happens, unlike Madden 10 when players were warping all over the place. The thing that guys are not keeping in mind is this. Great players play good, and Bad players play bad. There seems to be a misconception out there that everybody can play at an elite level at every position and that simply isn't so. If you have marginal corners and safeties you will get marginal coverage. Ditto for ever other position. You must play to your teams strengths. No more hiding in a cover 4 all game and letting the CPU get cheap interceptions for you. You have to earn them now...

Thats all I got for now fellas
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-09-2010, 01:59 PM   #42
7 dirty words...

ryan36's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Presswithsafetyshade
Damn the Madden hate is strong.
again, more people are expressing displeasure with the review as a single entity, than with the game itself
Old 08-09-2010, 02:00 PM   #43
MVP

Klocker's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan36
Klocker, he's focusing on aspects of the REVIEW that weren't mentioned (as am I)...which is fine, and throwin' in a couple of his own thoughts. Mostly this thread is supposed to be about the review more than the game, bud.
understood, thx
Old 08-09-2010, 02:01 PM   #44
MVP

OVR: 17

OS is the biggest sports gaming site on the net, right?

They should have the best, most in-depth review by far. Things should be nit-picked, investigated, revealed, etc. The games reviewed here should be torn apart and picked through and every single detail pointed out, both good and bad.

No excuses for sounding like a review from the casual gamer, because OS is not for the casual gamer....at least this is my impressions

edit: this happens every year though, so I'm not really surprised, and I don't even really care...but it just seems like the reviews at OS need to be THE reviews for sports games and they just fall so short of that
Old 08-09-2010, 02:02 PM   #45
7 dirty words...

ryan36's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC State-31 UNC-27
OS is the biggest sports gaming site on the net, right?

They should have the best, most in-depth review by far. Things should be nit-picked, investigated, revealed, etc. The games reviewed here should be torn apart and picked through and every single detail pointed out, both good and bad.

No excuses for sounding like a review from the casual gamer, because OS is not for the casual gamer....at least this is my impressions
I agree. Sounds like it was written for a different audience.

But guys writing reviews is HARD, VERY VERY HARD work. Bear that in mind.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-09-2010, 02:04 PM   #46
Dog
aka jnes12/JNes__

Dog's Arena

OVR: 60

the ps3 replays thing really bugs me. it bugged me last year because i would have a nice play and then try to make a highlight but it would get cut short. i lost a lot of good highlights out there

i hope they fix it

Old 08-09-2010, 02:04 PM   #47
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

You nailed my thoughts on the review Jistic.

I think people are going to need to differentiate between comments on the review vs. the game itself. OS has high standards for reviews which is why many people can't wait to read them and trust them. This review did not meet those standards imo.
Old 08-09-2010, 02:07 PM   #48
Banned

OVR: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Afrikan
"One season later, the Pro-Tak animation system is quickly establishing itself as one of the more unique physics engines. This year’s Madden 11 features a more seasoned version of Pro-Tak that takes into account more timing-based factors for each tackle. There are now many more potential ways a play can unfold after initial ball-carrier contact."

really? I didn't know Pro-Tak was based off physics.....you learn something new everyday.
The review lost all credibility for me once I read this:

"One season later, the Pro-Tak animation system is quickly establishing itself as one of the more unique physics engines. This year’s Madden 11 features a more seasoned version of Pro-Tak that takes into account more timing-based factors for each tackle. There are now many more potential ways a play can unfold after initial ball-carrier contact."

That's terrible. Something that was touted last year as a new innovation that was completely untouched. I'm sorry, but the lack of objectivity in these reviews is ridiculous. In no way, shape or form does this game deserve a 9.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »