Home

Why Ignore Franchise mode?

This is a discussion on Why Ignore Franchise mode? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-09-2010, 04:07 PM   #1
Rookie

mjarz02's Arena

OVR: 6
Why Ignore Franchise mode?

I thought Madden 10 was one of the best football games gameplay wise in such a long time! I was so happy when NCAA 11 followed in its footsteps.

It seems that since Madden 10 took such a huge step in gameplay, that a large focus would be put into the Franchise mode. After reading several reviews, a constant theme is the lack of change in franchise mode.

Is franchise mode no longer as important to EA?

I was really looking forward to purchasing Madden this year, but since the only real improvement is Gameflow, im not so interested.

I have bought every single version of Madden since 1990 on sega and I fear this might be the year that I pass.

I kinda feel like Madden was a band I discoverd as a kid, grew to love, and then watched them sellout to the masses.

Feel free to bash or disagree with my post!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-09-2010, 04:10 PM   #2
MVP

RumbleCard's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Why Ignore Franchise mode?

I'd rather them take the two years and reconstruct a more thorough Franchise mode than put out the typical "slightly" improved verbiage. I think its a good step forward and I'm looking forward to a completely new Franchise because of it.
Old 08-09-2010, 04:10 PM   #3
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Agree, but this information came out just before E3. Doesn't make it any better, though.

They said it takes more than a year to redo franchise mode. They didn't guarantee it would be in 12, either, but they are working on it as we speak.
Old 08-09-2010, 04:12 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 1

They're not ignoring it, they just put it off until next year because they said they didn't want to put out a 1/2 completed franchise mode in M11 which would have happened because of time constraints. If the franchise mode in M12 is completely restructured and awesome like they say it's going to be I welcome the wait.

People really need to take into consideration how much time it takes to completely change up a game mode like this. It's not like you can just flip a switch and magically everything turns out the way people want it to be.
Old 08-09-2010, 04:37 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 4

The fact that they ignored Franchise, both offline and online, is why I'm not buying Madden for the first time in ten years. At E3 last year, they touted Online Franchise and "Theres an app for that", and gave us a beta version of it...Where many of us were waiting for them to patch in proper Free Agency and a salary cap. They said they would add it in, but didn't touch it. You would think that a year later, they would finally own up to their statements and answer the community, but they've left online franchise untouched. If they finally 'reinvent' franchise for 2012, ill welcome the purchase and sing their praises, but I need to see it first.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-09-2010, 04:40 PM   #6
Rookie

mjarz02's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by w33z3r
They're not ignoring it, they just put it off until next year because they said they didn't want to put out a 1/2 completed franchise mode in M11 which would have happened because of time constraints. If the franchise mode in M12 is completely restructured and awesome like they say it's going to be I welcome the wait.

People really need to take into consideration how much time it takes to completely change up a game mode like this. It's not like you can just flip a switch and magically everything turns out the way people want it to be.
I was unaware that they were completely redoing franchise mode, I was just hopeing for an upgrade. That makes sense that it will take awhile to do this. Im glad to hear that they are taking franchise mode seriously! Eventhough this does nothing to consider a purchase this year, it gives me hope!

Hopefully at the same time NCAA will be working on Dynasty mode! Since I didnt play NCAA 10, dynasty mode is not as stale.
Old 08-09-2010, 04:52 PM   #7
Banned

OVR: 1

if they can implement the Head Coach 09 theme and style they will have themselves a GREAT franchise mode.

The fact they didnt even look at it this year , is a bit weird...They couldve at least added something. Im one of many who just buy the game mainly for this MODE !! Gameplay is a definte must but id rather have Madden 10 gameplay and a totally reconstructed FRANCHISE MODE !!

Hope they get it done or whatever the hell there doing by 2012 ..I got an idea, go hire a STAFF that isnt under 25 and knows football ...
Old 08-09-2010, 05:16 PM   #8
Working for the weekend

Herky's Arena

OVR: 32

Franchise mode hasn't been good in Madden since 2005. I can't figure out why they refuse to re-vamp this feature.

Iowa Hawkeyes
Northern Iowa Panthers
Minnesota Vikings
Chicago Cubs
Minnesota Twins
Boston Celtics
Minnesota Timberwolves

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »