Home

Judging from the reviews so far....

This is a discussion on Judging from the reviews so far.... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-09-2010, 08:07 PM   #17
MVP

OVR: 12
Re: Judging from the reviews so far....

It's the highest rated sports console game in the last year on OS. I wouldn't say it's getting negative reviews at all, or even mediocre. They have it as a better game than The Show, FIFA, NHL, and NBA 2K. The Show has been the pinnacle of sports gaming here for years and it beat that.
Old 08-09-2010, 10:19 PM   #18
Pro

goalie's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolkHigh33
I would marry a woman that was an 8 ..
nice one - ha!
Old 08-09-2010, 11:17 PM   #19
Rookie

Favre4435's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by sooner1
I would give it a 6!! This is the most arcady Madden played in years. No defense, the game is just not good.
I haven't seen your impressions.... do you even own the game?
Old 08-09-2010, 11:37 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 5

If u want to get an opinion read the OS review and look at the impressions thread. That convinced me to purchase. No reviewer is going to look for things like this forum, if there's a glitch this board will find it. I couldn't understand their methodsat first but thanks to the mods u know ure getting legit info, so that to me is what I base it off of. This board is a specialty board unlike game informer and ign who review a game for a bit and it's on to the next one.
Old 08-09-2010, 11:39 PM   #21
MVP

OVR: 11

Its gotten higher reviews than 10, so I don't see how the reviews are bad.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-09-2010, 11:54 PM   #22
Swiitch U? lol

Rawdeal28's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by thssanders
I have to say it is about what i expected. I didn't think it would get great reviews this year, since there is not a whole lot new to the game.

A lot of the negatives i see talk about how the offense is too powerful this year compared to the defense. Well since i strictly play offline this does not bother me. I'm sure i can adjust the sliders accordingly and make the defense catch up with the offense. They also talk about the annoyance of the strategy pad. Does anyone know if this can be turned off and replaced by the old way. I thought i read somewhere ian said it would be up to the player as to the style they would use.

Another issue is the play action passing. This is something that hopefully can be fixed with a patch.

It is no doubt disappointing that they basically left franchise untouched. But they supposedly fixed sim stats, which is a big plus. As long as the gameplay is enjoyable i can see myself playing thru several seasons before starting over again.

I already traded in madden 10 when i bought red dead, so i'm basically forced to buy. But in all honesty, i would've prolly bought it anyway. It sounds like the gameplay is improved and thats the most important thing. It's just a shame they can't fix things that have been bothering gamers for years now. I want to be able to put my best corner and have him on the best wr the whole game, regardless of where he lines up. U could do this on ps2 in the past!!!
you can do this in madden 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Afrikan
but what if that woman looked like an 8, and everyone told you she was an 8...but after spending $65 on your wedding with her.....that honeymoon night she started farting all over the place....and was just not as pleasing as you thought she was......then on top of that, if you wanted the full experience with your new wife, she asks you to cough up PSN money and Live points.....

that is why I'm going to rent her first...if she is good, I'll buy the whole thing......even though I usually go after 9s & 10s.
LMAO! im gonna sig this

madden 11 is the best madden to date because of the gameplay. on default all-pro the game is too offensive so until they patch the DB coverage, i think alot of OS'ers will hate playing online. you will have high scoring games most of the time online.
I'm sure there's plenty of prostitutes you could pay if you really want vd.
Quote:
yea but will they take psn cards
Depends on what area of a hooker you would use to redeem them.

lol
Old 08-10-2010, 12:04 AM   #23
Rookie

EmmittSmithx22x's Arena

OVR: 29

I don't get my copy till tomorrow but it is interesting read to see all these reviews coming in....I kind of set my expectation low so that way I dont get too burned.

OS
VETS Madden League:
Vets Bowl V,VII,IX Champion (Bengals)

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »