Home

IGN is up....

This is a discussion on IGN is up.... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-09-2010, 06:56 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 25
IGN is up....

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/111/1111139p1.html
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-09-2010, 07:09 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 8
Re: IGN is up....

"I had no problems breaking off multiple 300+ yard games on the ground in route to a 15-1 season on the All-Pro difficulty that used to give me trouble in past Madden games."

So someone who struggled on All Pro in the past can now go 15-1 and have MULTIPLE 300+ yard rushing games in a season? Sounds like the Defensive AI/Sliders need some work.

But I guess this is just the way it is for most people out there; the overwhelming # of people who play this game don't even care if it's competitive, they just want to totally blow out the CPU every game and have insane stats. I've seen it first hand from a friend of mine, he's openly said the game is fun to him when he's winning by a ton of points, having really high stats, etc. He realkly doesn't care at all about realism. And he's 30 years old, as am I.

I've lightened up a bit in that line of thinking as I've gotten older, I just want to be able to sit down and have fun with something w/o obsessing over sliders, house rules, etc. But at the same time it's just not fun to me to win 66-0 every game and have absolutely no challenge at all. That will never change. I just think most of us here have to accept that we're in the minority and always will be. It sounds like a good game overall, I'm buying it, but going 15-1 and absolutely dominating the CPU every time I play doesn't sound fun to me. Hopefully the 1st patch and the first set of sliders I try provide a good challenge.
Old 08-09-2010, 07:14 PM   #3
Banned

mvpatriot's Arena

OVR: 2

pffft. total BS! this year is waaaaaaaaayyyyyyy harder on allpro!
Old 08-09-2010, 07:15 PM   #4
Pro

OVR: 16

I never trust IGN. They always exaggerate and usually they only give the higher scores to Shooter and RPG games.
Old 08-09-2010, 07:18 PM   #5
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

They have to appeal to the masses. If everything was hard, the general public wouldn't buy it. Kids like breaking 8 tackles on to a 60 yard TD run. They love high scoring. It is the same in every sports game.

Play any NBA game online and you wil see way too many people just turn it into a run n gun dunk fest. Doing cool dunks and alley oops is all they care about. With baseball games is all about hitting HR's.

So I am really not surprised with Madden. I seen it coming when they 1st put Madden on the Wii. I said to myself then, EA and 2K going to start making the game easier across all systems to appeal to the masses. Sure enough they did.

Can't knock them on that though, it is a business after all and the more pick up n play your game is, the more people will buy it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-09-2010, 07:18 PM   #6
CNFL Commissioner

XtremeDunkz's Arena

OVR: 22

thank god they are getting hit by reviews for not touching franchise, hopefully that means they will make the jump next year.

Twitch

Twitter

NFL Green Bay Packers

NBA Philadelphia 76ers

MLB Philladelphia Phillies

NHL Philadelphia Flyers
Old 08-09-2010, 07:45 PM   #7
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Stopped reading after strategy pad.

They are putting the old way back in, but you wouldn't know that reading this.
Old 08-09-2010, 08:56 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 3

I think the IGN review is fairly accurate. Especially about the running game. I have had the game since Friday and i'm playing on All-Pro with the Rams and Steven Jackson is averaging 218 yards a game and 9 yards a carry. As a team i'm averaging 42 points with about 50 plays a game and i'm playing with the worst team.

I'm hoping sliders will fix this though as I would prefer a defensive battle over a score fest any day.

anyway, I do believe most people will like this game but anyone who is solely a franchise guy will be highly disappointed.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »