Home

Old 08-09-2010, 09:11 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 11
1UP Review

A-
http://www.1up.com/do/reviewPage?cId=3180782&p=37

Quote:
The Madden NFL series is in a tough spot. When developer EA Tiburon changes a small detail here or a gameplay mechanic there, it inevitably enrages one set of diehard fans and gets the other half to hop back on the wagon so to speak. This year's iteration in the more than a decade old series has brought me back into the "drinking the Madden Kool-Aid" fold, because it's improved the things that matter to me. That said, Madden NFL 11 still needs some improvement.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-09-2010, 09:22 PM   #2
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: 1UP Review

Another high rating.
Old 08-09-2010, 09:23 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 21

what a great great game Madden 11 apparently is... .all these 9.5, 9, 9.1....etcs

it might go down as the BEST sports game ever, score wise.
Old 08-09-2010, 09:54 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 10

Madden has always gotten good scores regardless of how bad it might be. How can you keep giving a game a good score when the people making it can get away with roster updates.

I went on to say Madden11 had the best running game but after thinking about it more 2K5 is on top by a narrow margin. Only because both the runner and defender can fight to break or make a tackle in some situations.

Madden needs to work on the CPU passing game because even the better QBs have problems putting the right touch on passes most the time.

Presentation wise its still light years behind 2K5's. It has IMO after looking at youtube videos of the Superbowl celebration in Madden11 thats the only bright spot in Madden's presentation.

I would give it an 8.5. Its only that high because they're taking a chance on changing their running game for the better.
Old 08-09-2010, 10:29 PM   #5
MVP

Klocker's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
has brought me back into the "drinking the Madden Kool-Aid" fold, because it's improved the things that matter to me. That said, Madden NFL 11 still needs some improvement.
The Key... to every response on this board today re: reviews.

if those things that they improved, didn't matter to you, you are pissed. If they did evidently you like the game. from the limited and evidently not as polished, demo I can tell I'm with 1UP
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2010, 01:18 AM   #6
MVP

Tiko7523's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afrikan
what a great great game Madden 11 apparently is... .all these 9.5, 9, 9.1....etcs

it might go down as the BEST sports game ever, score wise.
MLB the Show that just came out got really high reviews also deservingly so

PSN gamertag Tiko7523
Xbox Live Tag: Tiko7523

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »