Home

Kickoff returns are way too easy...again

This is a discussion on Kickoff returns are way too easy...again within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-10-2010, 09:22 AM   #17
Banned

OVR: 18
Re: Kickoff returns are way too easy...again

it seems like they need a patch for the returs, simply because the lineman on kickoffs release up field way too early. they never drop back to whoever is recieving the kickoff. Occasionally they will drop back, but most of the time they release 20 yards ahead of your return man , creating no wedge or running lane. Its hard to break up field when the opposing D has shed the first wave of blocks and now its you against 11. They just simply need to put in a patch where 2 or 3 guys drop back to the ball carrier every time and give that one little lane or breakout block.

the rest of the running game plays beautiful, but the kickoffs and punt returns need some tweaking
Old 08-10-2010, 09:29 AM   #18
Rookie

PaPZ187's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChubbyBanana
I agree I noticed this as well. I wouldn't think they'd get easier from Demo to Retail, but who knows.
Yeah in the DEMO I couldnt get past the 25 yardline with Brad Smith of the Jets.

In the retail version in the 5 days I have had it I noticed it has eased up a little but by no means easy to me either. BTW I am playing on "My Skill Level" which is between All Pro and All Madden give or take.

In the first game I played the returner from the Bengals took the first KO 95 yards for a TD against me and my Jets. I personally only returned 1 in the dozen games I played or so but with Percy Harvin of Minnesota.

It makes a diffrence if you have a top, speedy returner as opposed to an average return man. It was alot easier to return with Harvin than Brad Smith, my brother did a very good job returning with Reggie Bush as well but struggled with the 49ers return man.
Old 08-10-2010, 10:07 AM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaPZ187
It was alot easier to return with Harvin than Brad Smith, my brother did a very good job returning with Reggie Bush as well but struggled with the 49ers return man.
Ted Ginn is one of the best in the game.
Old 08-10-2010, 10:15 AM   #20
MVP

OVR: 16

Someone PM the "Trick" to returning kicks....
Old 08-10-2010, 10:39 AM   #21
Darkness!!!

DirtyJerz32's Arena

OVR: 41

I haven't gotten past the 30 yet on all pro. I can't see how people are returning kicks like crazy.

Twitch: DirtyJerz32

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluengold34_OS
No longer shall you be referred to as DirtyJerz32, but simply BOSS -
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2010, 10:42 AM   #22
MVP

RGiles36's Arena

OVR: 34

My stick skills are obviously subpar in comparison to some other players around here. Peeps said that returning kicks for TDs were too easy in M10 -- I didn't have so much success. And I damn sure ain't having success in M11! But again, I kind of like it like this b/c it's rewarding to get good field position. I've returned two since having the game last wk: one with Kevin Ogletree and the other with Felix Jones.
Old 08-10-2010, 01:08 PM   #23
Banned

OVR: 3

All you have to do is kick it to the outside, and maybe put on one of those space-time warping spin moves that negates the physics of any defender moving towards you.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »