Home

Imported NCAA Draft Classes

This is a discussion on Imported NCAA Draft Classes within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-10-2010, 03:01 AM   #9
Banned

OVR: 10
Re: Imported NCAA Draft Classes

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverChaosVII
The awareness rating doesn't bother me. It just effects the overall rating SOOOO much for quarterbacks that it is absolutely destroying their overall rating which makes it so CPU teams won't use them. So basically they are worthless

And remember, I did go 3 seasons. None of the rookie quarterbacks from season 1 progressed above a 75 in those three years...
Would you overall say that this years Importing is better than last years.
Old 08-10-2010, 03:08 AM   #10
Pro

SilverChaosVII's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Barnacle
Would you overall say that this years Importing is better than last years.
I honestly wouldn't be able to tell you. I didn't buy NCAA last year so I never imported any classes.

Overall, I think it looks ok... minus the speed/rating issue (which is a big deal with running backs and wide receivers). The quarterbacks awareness problem. Everything else looks pretty good. You would have a few studs each class mid to high 80s... a few in the low 80s... a bunch of 70s and 60s... and then the last rounders in the 50s and 40s.
Old 08-10-2010, 03:14 AM   #11
Rookie

OriolesFanRD's Arena

OVR: 5

This is good to know. Quick question though, must I own NCAA (or Rent) like last year in order to obtain the draft classes? I'm guessing yes, but I wasn't sure so I thought I'd ask. This years game isn't too bad from what I've played thus far. Definitely appealing to the casuals, though.
  • Baltimore Orioles
  • San Antonio Spurs
  • Maryland Terps [Basketball|Football]
Online Championship Wrestling
2012 Baltimore Orioles - Left us way too soon. Fun ride, fellas!
2014 Baltimore Orioles - My soul hurts. It hurts really bad
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2010, 03:23 AM   #12
MVP

sniperhare's Arena

OVR: 10

Just got to the first draft, no QB was 1st round caliber. Stanzi was the lone 2nd.

Locker, Mallet, Ponder were all 4th-5th, Pryor was undrafted along with Luck.

Mallet for some reason had 84 THP and 50 THA, Ponder was 79 THP 60 THA.

Speed ratings were all screwed up for skill players and the like. Mark Ingram has 4.28 speed, Noel Devine is a 4.48 guy.

What did EA fix? They said they improved this?
Old 08-10-2010, 03:25 AM   #13
Husker Power

Spooky's Arena

OVR: 8

Couldn't we just copy a thread from 2006 and re-paste it each year? Why are people still surprised when they see this, lol. Isn't that the definition of insanity. Doing the same thing multiple times and expecting different outcomes.
Old 08-10-2010, 03:33 AM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 6

did they at least fix the age thing? last year everytime i imported the same draft class the ages would vary. like colt mccoy would be 22 one time, then the next time i import that class he's 24 and it did that for every player.

idk how they can screw up draft classes and then not even address it. it boggles the mind.
Old 08-10-2010, 03:39 AM   #15
Pro

SilverChaosVII's Arena

OVR: 22

Looks like I will be using the generated classes unless they fix this quick

Hopefully the generated ones aren't screwed up lol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2010, 03:49 AM   #16
Rookie

jwjones's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverChaosVII
Well, I decided to do some experimenting in franchise after playing a quick game. (I need sliders :P)

I have simulated through 3 seasons, all 3 with NCAA Draft classes.

I'm having some major concerns... remember these are only for the imported draft classes. I haven't looked at the Madden classes yet. Those may be ok, and I may end up using those.

Quarterbacks: Only one quarterback has come in over 75 overall in the last 3 years. I won't mention who, but he is now an 80 overall. The 3rd and most recent class... BIG BIG problems. The ratings of EVERY qb drafted in the 3rd season... 59, 57, 57, 56, 56, 55, 54, 54, 52, 47, 34 .... This has me VERY worried.

Running Backs: Actually look pretty good. Star guys coming in around 80. Two of them have progressed into the 90s already. Everything looks good here. Minus one thing.... players don't hold true to what they are. Noel Devine came in as the second best player in his class at running back... which makes sense. BUT his speed is 88... UMMMMMMMMMM????? Yeah... problem there

Wide Receiver. Much like quarterbacks at first. The highest rated WR from the last 3 drafts is currently a 84. That's ok. Most star WR are coming in at the mid 70s and progressing slowly. Not sure where that's going.

---

Everything else looks. My only real concern is with the quarterbacks. I'm not sure if it's just my classes, or if this is a major problem. I'll go recreate all 4 classes in NCAA tomorrow and test it again. Hopefully will get some different results.

Other than this, everything looks pretty solid. (Stats look fantastic. Very realistic)

Edit: I think I found the problem. Almost every rookie from these draft classes have an awareness under 50. That is why the QB ratings are sooooo low, because awareness plays a big part in their overall rating. These quarterbacks have about 30 awareness which automatically drops them sooo far.

Was your draft class made before or after the Live Tuning Pack? EA said they made improvements with the players in NCAA. Progression in NCAA still needs to be addressed. That may be the problem. I have to resart my NCAA with your findings. Thanks.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »