Home

Imported NCAA Draft Classes

This is a discussion on Imported NCAA Draft Classes within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-10-2010, 03:15 PM   #57
Pro

SilverChaosVII's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: Imported NCAA Draft Classes

Just an update. Some good news. So far, pretty damn good results.

The quarterbacks come out of the draft definitely rated lower than the majority of the positions... however, after a couple of seasons they seem to progress nicely (even in a backup role) and can eventually become starters... much like you see in real life.

It will be difficult to take a rookie QB and go the distance, which it should be.

All the other positions come in with a few low 80s, a couple 70s, and some 60s... the way it should be I think?

A few gems come through at the high 80s, but it's not too too many.
Old 08-10-2010, 03:26 PM   #58
goh
Banned

OVR: 37

Can't edit players during franchise anymore? Just go through and bump up the rating.
Old 08-10-2010, 03:47 PM   #59
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrettyT11
People this is not an NCAA problem. This is a Madden problem and has been for years every since the jump to next gen. Also for the first draft class he is using it doesn't matter if it is before or after the tuning set because none of the players in that class went through off season progression. Also those players in that first draft class and even the second one don't have low AWR ratings. For example Mark Ingram's AWR in NCAA is a 98. So you can't blame his low AWR when imported into Madden on NCAA.

The fact is Madden handles the way they import draft classes horribly. The never have anything set as far as ratings go and it is all completely random in every regard from age to ratings to where they get drafted. It is not NCAA's fault that Jake Locker is rated at 96 in thier game(meaning the boosted his rating because he is a high draft prospect) and then get projected as a 4th to 7th round pick in Madden while some guy rated far lower than him in NCAA gets projected as a first rounder. I don't even want to get started on how horribly they handle the speed rating and how they kill players ratings all across the board just cause he isn't listed as an early round pick.
^^^This. Now I know not all college QB's attributes translate to pro football. I wouldn't expect the kid from Georgia Tech to be a highly rated prospect in Madden even though he's highly rated in NCAA but, similar to how jacked up incoming freshmen were in NCAA the same is true for NCAA players (QB's anyway). Locker, Mallett, Luck, those guys should have come in somewhere similar to Bradford, Clausen, and McCoy. Why is that so hard to do?

I've only done one draft but, I've had the same result when it comes to QBs. At least Demps from Florida has 98 speed.
Old 08-10-2010, 04:08 PM   #60
Pro

SilverChaosVII's Arena

You guys should be happy with these results.

Last edited by SilverChaosVII; 08-10-2010 at 04:24 PM.
Old 08-10-2010, 04:14 PM   #61
Rookie

fmrodog's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverChaosVII
It appears as if this is an NCAA problem... as I go deeper into my simulation (I'm in year 5, I'm going to year 10 before I post results)
I'm liking what I am reading, What about RB, WR and defensive players?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2010, 04:25 PM   #62
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bootzilla
^^^This. Now I know not all college QB's attributes translate to pro football. I wouldn't expect the kid from Georgia Tech to be a highly rated prospect in Madden even though he's highly rated in NCAA but, similar to how jacked up incoming freshmen were in NCAA the same is true for NCAA players (QB's anyway). Locker, Mallett, Luck, those guys should have come in somewhere similar to Bradford, Clausen, and McCoy. Why is that so hard to do?

I've only done one draft but, I've had the same result when it comes to QBs. At least Demps from Florida has 98 speed.
you do realize many of you are attaching names and attributes, and therefore "feelings", to what amounts to Stanford QB #9 (or whatever). Just because YOU happened to call him A. Luck does not mean either game recognizes him as such (and, legally, cannot). Jake Locker might be an awesome NFL QB someday, but both games see Washington QB #7 (or whatever). The name is meaningless. Just because you happen to want him to succeed does not mean Madden sees the same thing.

On a personal note, QBs from big time colleges who have had big time success, rarely do well in the NFL.
Old 08-10-2010, 04:26 PM   #63
Pro

SilverChaosVII's Arena

RB, WR, and D players are coming in with typical ratings.

Usually the top guys are around 80, many in the 70s, and then the lower guys in the 60 and 50s ...
Old 08-10-2010, 04:58 PM   #64
Pro

kwpit79's Arena

OVR: 8

Just wondering: Are there any guys drafted in rounds 3-7 who have an A potential (just the NCAA guys, I don't want to know about Madden-created rookies)?

Last year, only 1st rounders (and maybe a few seconds) had an 'A' in potential.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »