Home

Madden 2011 PS2 GOAT , but no online

This is a discussion on Madden 2011 PS2 GOAT , but no online within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-10-2010, 08:10 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Madden 2011 PS2 GOAT , but no online

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaPZ187
Well since there really arent many PS2 Madden players anymore because PS3 Madden has been around for 5 years now, you really cant expect online features IMO from EA as a business standpoint.
Plus, surely some PS2 players went to 360 since it has been more successful than the original Xbox. I could maybe see the PS2 getting it for one more year though.

Madden is a game that takes a long time to stop being released for a system. The original PlayStation got it through 2005, and the last original Xbox version was 09. Of course, at such a point it really does become just a roster update.

BTW, the PSP version has no infrastructure online play this year either. Perhaps that system has seen its last (or next to last) Madden as well.
Old 08-10-2010, 09:38 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 1

I heard about the lack of online before hand as well as the no new features I bought madden 10 instead and did all the rookies myself and all the free agent moves from the smallest to the biggest, as well as attribute adjustment.

I bought madden 09 Next gen, took it back within a week, I boight madden 10 for 360 to it back same day. A lot of the elements that the game fun just aren't in madden anymore, exept for the ps2 madden
Old 08-10-2010, 11:01 PM   #19
All Star

azdawgpound's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by cincy_285
do you know if it is possible to get the roster updates online with a ps2? i don't care about online playing...just wanted to get the updates online for my offline franchise. anybody know?

nope with 11 u have to do your own rosters if u wanna update then and u only have the 64 cap slots and maybe some rookies in the fa pool.
Old 09-07-2010, 05:38 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 3

Does the PS2 version still have the awareness bug?
Old 09-07-2010, 05:45 PM   #21
Banned

i think all versions of all games price should be lowered. 60 bucks for a brand new game is a bit much for the average working man, even for madden. i think even brand new ps2 games are like 40-50 bucks. so basically all games on every platform should be about 10 bucks cheaper or more. i mean im sure these people can afford it, but i cant.

Last edited by jHorns; 09-07-2010 at 06:00 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-07-2010, 05:56 PM   #22
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone_Inc
First off you must be an idiot to not know that madden 11 was still on ps2. i mean god darn the PS2 is still very very prevalent. Gamestop still takes trades on ps2 merchandise, and sells the games, also the new ps2 still sells for 100 dollars. they still make games for it every now and then. All sports games, except they just ended Tiger woods and Nba live but those games didnt sell anyways. NBA 2k11, Smackdown vs Raw 2011 and Madden 11 all come out for ps2. Its a damn shame that they ended online for ps2 for madden 11. NBA 2k11 is gonna be online so is Smackdown vs Raw 11, so i dont get this choice. MADDEN 10 had hundreds of thousands of people who played online for the PS2. it was always full when i played. AND to sell the game for 40 bucks with no online is a shame. Its only worth 20, ive accepted its the same game since 08 just updated rosters and menu screens, buti mean hell THIS ECOMONY IS BAD, and not everyone can afford 300 dollars for ps3. and 70 bucks for ps3 games. And its nice to still get games. its not hard for EA to make this game. and its not ****in hard to give us online for those who cant afford next gen, thats gives us the complete madden experience. its wrong, i was mislead, i thought it had it, if i knew it didnt i wouldnt have got it, i would have just took madden 10 and created all the rookies, and updated the rosters on my own, although it would have took a long time. AND TO BOOT, they cut off madden 10 servers. So this is just not right. I just dont get it, i know ps2 network is free, and i heard they are now charging for ps3 online. But it doesnt take much for ea to run that server. Really they screwed all us poor people who have one last ride with madden. AND they could have even took the time to make the best ps2 version ever since this was the last one. I KNOW from NBA 2k10 that they can make the players look real on ps2, also from smackdown vs raw, so its possible, also they could have added real looking coaches, and the players coming from the tunnel, instead of just walking to the center of the field. Also the PS2 is capable of having animations of the players coming off the bus, and working out in the locker room. Dont tell me they cant. id go as far to say that the ps2 could be the same as ps3 minus a few feature. I MEAN SMACKDOWN VS RAW 2010 FOR PS2 WAS THE SAME AS PS3 IN EVERY WAY EXCEPT THE ABILITY TO CHANGE THE WRESTLERS ATTIRES. I mean so i know its possible to make a ps2 game similar to a ps3 on. IM JUST GLAD THQ DOESNT RIP OFF THEIR FANS WHO ARE POOR AND STILL USE PS2, and they give us as close to a ps3 game as they can. People buy the ps2 version of SDVSRAW cause its 20 dollars cheaper and the same game, who cares about the attires, that tells you something. THE PS2 may not mean alot to the game makers anymore, but it sure does to poor people. PS2 ISNT worth 300 dolllars maybe 149, but not 300.
madden was basically maxed out on ps2 with madden 07, i know because i had it. every madden after that on the older systems have just been updated rosters. but yea i see your point but its all just marketing. they are weeding out the older systems because they want u to buy the new ones even though the ps2 is still a great system, a system that i traded in along with all my ps2 games so i can get a ps3. hey i know its expensive but its worth it, its freaking awesome and yes it is 300 bucks, but u only pay that price once and its yours forever. and to be honest with u, they continued making madden for ps2 longer then i thought they would. i figured around 08 or 09 would be the last one that they would make for ps2.

Last edited by jHorns; 09-07-2010 at 05:59 PM.
Old 09-07-2010, 06:02 PM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 0

Tombstone gets banned because he's pissed that EA is making their games inaccessable to those who don't want to shell out hundreds of dollars to get them when they've already done so? My god if you don't post like Pee Wee freaking Herman you get banned here. I'm guessing I'm next.
Old 09-07-2010, 06:52 PM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 4

Bought this the other day for the PS2 after playing the 360 version for the last little bit. While Madden 11 next gen made great leaps forward, something about the last gen version of the game adheres to my gaming needs. Graphics are nice on next gen, so don't get me wrong but gameplay trumps it everytime and the gameplay on the PS2 is perfect. No if ands or buts about it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »