Home

Anyone turn off gameflow?

This is a discussion on Anyone turn off gameflow? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-10-2010, 09:46 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Anyone turn off gameflow?

I turned this off halfway through my first game. I was under the impression that when you set up the plays for that situation, that those were the only plays on the screen. I do not like that it just gives you a play automatically. Anyone else turn it off pretty quickly??
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2010, 09:47 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: Anyone turn off gameflow?

Did you set up a gameplan and rate the plays ?
Old 08-10-2010, 10:06 AM   #3
MVP

RGiles36's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by jozzybear
I turned this off halfway through my first game. I was under the impression that when you set up the plays for that situation, that those were the only plays on the screen. I do not like that it just gives you a play automatically. Anyone else turn it off pretty quickly??
Turn Gameflow off, and while in the playcalling screen, choose the 'My Gameplan' option (assuming you set up a gameplan). Then, it'll only show you the plays that you chose for a given situation.

I've had Gameflow on myself from Thursday until last night. I don't have any particular problem with it. I think the desire for more 'control' made me turn it off. From limited time using the 'my gameplan' option, I'm thinking this is the way to go. If you stick to your selection of plays, you still place a premium on strategizing and executing . I'm gonna play with it more when I get home... but I had a great time with it last night. I like the aspect of not having your entire playbook at your disposal.

It's all a moot point though if you find any "money plays" and place them all over your gameplan.
Old 08-10-2010, 10:20 AM   #4
MVP

BezO's Arena

OVR: 20

I used it for a few series. It's too random. It doesn't account for plays working & not working. It doesn't set up plays. It doesn't seem to account for the time/score late in the game for the CPU. It's not a finished feature.

It's terrible on defense, but that's more about the playbooks IMO. I think they needed to fix the playbooks, both offense & defense, before implementing a feature like this.
Old 08-10-2010, 10:25 AM   #5
MVP

Only1LT's Arena

OVR: 16

Yes. I turned it off after two games with it in the demo. The feature isn't terrible. Using a Bluetooth, it's kind of cool to hear the coach in your ear, but I don't need suspect AI calling my plays.

Like rgiles, The Gameplan and My Gameplan route, is more to my liking.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2010, 10:26 AM   #6
Pro

DoubleDeuce's Arena

OVR: 6

The first thing I will do after booting up the game is turn it off. I guess it's good for some people but not me. I've been choosing plays from a playbook since I was 10 and it has worked ok so far.

Edit to say: Sometimes I use Ask Madden if I think I'm in a playcalling rut. But that gives you several options to pick from. Gameflow is just one play and most of the time it's not something I want to run given the game situation, down, and distance.

Last edited by DoubleDeuce; 08-10-2010 at 10:35 AM.
Old 08-10-2010, 01:51 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 1

Nice tip on the My Gameplan part. Thats actually exactly what i thought it would be. Either way i dont really like it even though i run the same few plays maybe 70% of the time. Looking through the whole playbook isnt that much of a pain to do though
Old 08-10-2010, 01:56 PM   #8
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

I turned that off with the quickness, along with the coaching talking in the headset feature.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »