Home

(Xbox) Madden=Not Online=Useless in my opinion.

This is a discussion on (Xbox) Madden=Not Online=Useless in my opinion. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-27-2003, 11:42 AM   #17
All Star

OVR: 17
Re: (Xbox) Madden=Not Online=Useless in my opinion.

Quote:

deejay8595 said:
Well you guys that say online isnt much or whatever...You are missing out in a WHOLEEEEE bunch of fun.....It is true that there are cheesers in the lobbys but that is when you have to sign up in a straight league llike MaddenMania because everygame is straight.....

I have had XBL since day one of beta so I am aware that playing "the right people" online can be fun. I don't know about these "straight" leagues and players, but reality is you will can find some for of cheese from most any player. It is after-all a video game and the opponent is trying to win. Sometimes instead of kicking back and simply enjoying a video game, you concentrate so much on trying to play "staight and forcing others to play straight" you lose sight in that fact "it is a game". Add to the fact with leagues people have lives and setting up games is a pain.

Yes Online gaming can be fun but I think you overestimate how much fun it is and underestimate the pains of playing online. You see it is the same thing as playing with another person in the same room, so it's not like multiplayer gaming is something new to sports games.

Look at the smiles.
Old 07-27-2003, 11:45 AM   #18
Hall Of Fame

Brandwin's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:

bdoughty said:
Quote:

Numba1 said:
(xbox) Because madden is not online, it is useless. Thats the fun of it in my opinion, to play people from all over. Tell me what you think?

Useless? So did you not purchase any of the Madden games pre-2003 that were not online on a console?

I have a PS2 and broadband adapter and still only getting the Xbox verion. I prefer single player to offline and there are always these things called "friends" you can play when they come over to the house.

Took the words out of my mouth bdoughty...Saying its useless like console games have been online forever. I dont have a ton of intrest in online play either. Sure it may be fun but when it comes down to it, I want to play single player franchise and invite friends to come over .

Saying its useless is dumb IMO. Many of us on this site who have both ps2 and x-box will still get the game for the x-box. Yeah ps2 has something the x-box doesnt..oh well good thing that "something" isnt a big deal for me.
Old 07-27-2003, 11:50 AM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 2

Online is fun, very fun because you have such a large variety of ballers with different styles of play, you can't get that with a couple of friends or vs the cpu. But you can't say the game is usless without online play either. Was Madden 92 or Tecmo Bowl usless? I didn't think so.

Someone above said online play is overated and like playing the cpu. It's far from being like playing the cpu, you never know what to expect online.

Old 07-27-2003, 11:51 AM   #20
All Star

Quote:

Not to go off topic, but I think this is why a lot of younger people have trouble relating in public. The internet and online play has ruined their social skills. They don't know how to go out and meet people. Not picking out anyone in particular, just stating an opinion...

LOL I was going to add that but did not want the kids attacking me with their poor grammar and spelling skills.

I played video games a great deal growing up, but we also went outside and played sports. I drive around town and rarely see kids out playing basketball in the frontyard anymore.

The reality is the internet and message boards were created as a means replace Solitaire. A tool to keep people working at their jobs w/o losing their sanity. Not a tool to drive kids into hermits and slowly destroy the english language with their "internet lingo".

Whoops I said too much.
Old 07-27-2003, 11:54 AM   #21
Hall Of Fame

NYJets's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:

spacefunk said:
What's the difference between playing the CPU and some Obi Wan Jabroni you never met?

1. You can communicate with the person your playing against
2. You can play against different styles of players
3. You can play against the people at OS

Anyway, if I get Madden, it will be for Xbox. Last year I thought 2K3 was better online, and Fever sounds better too. So Madden would be for my franchise.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-27-2003, 11:58 AM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:

MedalofJack said:
Online is fun, very fun because you have such a large variety of ballers with different styles of play, you can't get that with a couple of friends or vs the cpu. But you can't say the game is usless without online play either. Was Madden 92 or Tecmo Bowl usless? I didn't think so.

Someone above said online play is overated and like playing the cpu. It's far from being like playing the cpu, you never know what to expect online.

You're not getting the point. Online gaming has revolutionized gaming. Now it's to play the other people, not to play by yourself vs. the cpu. The older games were worth it because online wasn't available at that time.
Old 07-27-2003, 12:00 PM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 2

NYJets37, how do you have time for 2 pro football games? You must not play the college sport then eh? I'll be playing NcAA2004 & Madden2004 online and offline all year, and it's still free.

Old 07-27-2003, 12:10 PM   #24
All Star

Quote:

You're not getting the point. Online gaming has revolutionized gaming.

It has? You could knock me over with a feather then.

people online now

That is how many people are online right now. Usually it is 2 to 3 thousand max. Now consider how many people that own the PS2 version of the game not playing online.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »