Home

My favorite playcalling method

This is a discussion on My favorite playcalling method within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-10-2010, 01:47 PM   #1
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43
My favorite playcalling method

The best way I've found to call plays to this point is to have Playcalling set to "conventional", but have a gameplan active.

This will automatically take you to three plays from your gameplan within the playcalling screen. It's really what I've always wanted playcalling to be in Madden.

Note that you wont have access to Ask Madden with this method, as it's replaced by "My Gameplan". It's not as fast as gameflow, but it's faster than digging through your playbook, and you wont find yourself stuck at the line with a call you don't like.

The first kind is wrong. The second is superfluous.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2010, 01:49 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: My favorite playcalling method

is there any specific way to set this up? this sounds perfect
Old 08-10-2010, 02:01 PM   #3
7 dirty words...

ryan36's Arena

OVR: 36

Awesome find man
Old 08-10-2010, 02:10 PM   #4
Hall of Fame

JohnDoe8865's Arena

OVR: 59

Quote:
Originally Posted by adembroski
The best way I've found to call plays to this point is to have Playcalling set to "conventional", but have a gameplan active.

This will automatically take you to three plays from your gameplan within the playcalling screen. It's really what I've always wanted playcalling to be in Madden.

Note that you wont have access to Ask Madden with this method, as it's replaced by "My Gameplan". It's not as fast as gameflow, but it's faster than digging through your playbook, and you wont find yourself stuck at the line with a call you don't like.
I didn't know you could even do this. This sounds much more ideal than Gameflow. Can you still make formation subs and packages with this? Please do tell exactly how to do it. If not I'll get up off my lazy butt and find it myself in a little while, haha.

NFL - Carolina Panthers
NBA - Charlotte Hornets
MLB - Cincinnati Reds
College Basketball - Wake Forest
NCAA Football - Appalachian State
Old 08-10-2010, 02:26 PM   #5
MVP

Palo20's Arena

OVR: 21

Yup, I noticed this too, and I think it's gonna be my choice of play calls as well.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2010, 02:30 PM   #6
MVP

Palo20's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnDoe8865
I didn't know you could even do this. This sounds much more ideal than Gameflow. Can you still make formation subs and packages with this? Please do tell exactly how to do it. If not I'll get up off my lazy butt and find it myself in a little while, haha.
Packages won't work, but formation subs will.

If you make a formation sub, it will always be there in that formation until you change it, and that includes plays called by gameflow.
Old 08-10-2010, 03:37 PM   #7
MVP

skinnybonez's Arena

OVR: 6

thanks, op
Old 08-10-2010, 03:48 PM   #8
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43

Well, you MUST create a gameplan for this to work. Trying it with default game plans will only give you Ask Madden.

There is one big drawback to this method... you must use goalline formation in goalline situations... I lined up in Singleback Ace from a half yard out and was greeted by nickle, which I simply walked through. It appears if you are using a gameplan, your opponent will also use a gameplan... which, on defense, sucks because it's not based on situation but personnel only.

The first kind is wrong. The second is superfluous.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »