Home

No way to gameplan individual games in franchise

This is a discussion on No way to gameplan individual games in franchise within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-10-2010, 02:21 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
No way to gameplan individual games in franchise

Is this a huge issue to anyone else? I mean, gameplanning and gameflow was supposed to be the big feature this year. And the whole point was something to the effect of teams don't use their whole playbook during games, they have certain plays for certain situations based on the team they're playing. So how do they not let you create gameplans for individual games (you can use one you saved outside of franchise, but can't create a unique one)? Big issue to me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2010, 02:33 PM   #2
MVP

Palo20's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: No way to gameplan individual games in franchise

You can create as many gameplans as you want, then load whichever one you want for the franchise game. Is that what you want?
Old 08-10-2010, 02:44 PM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palo20
You can create as many gameplans as you want, then load whichever one you want for the franchise game. Is that what you want?
Yes. But I shouldn't need to leave franchise mode, create the gameplan, save it, load my franchise, and load the gameplan approximately 21 times per season.
Old 08-10-2010, 02:57 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 5

Do you really plan to have 21 different game plans? Impressive if so. I see myself using this feature to develop a game plan for opponent types, such as defensive plans for great passing attacks, great running teams, mobile QBs, etc...
Old 08-10-2010, 03:07 PM   #5
MVP

RGiles36's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by jf28
Is this a huge issue to anyone else? I mean, gameplanning and gameflow was supposed to be the big feature this year. And the whole point was something to the effect of teams don't use their whole playbook during games, they have certain plays for certain situations based on the team they're playing. So how do they not let you create gameplans for individual games (you can use one you saved outside of franchise, but can't create a unique one)? Big issue to me.
I don't find it to be a huge issue, but either we were mislead in some cases, or the wording was bad in some of the blogs.

I too thought gameplan would be a function within franchise mode. I also thought we would be able to overwrite the default team gameplans so that it would be easy as 1-2-3 to get CPU teams to play with the customized gameplans.

Again, not huge issues. But I was mislead somewhere. I gotta go back and read that gameplanning blog.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayInSaratoga
Do you really plan to have 21 different game plans? Impressive if so. I see myself using this feature to develop a game plan for opponent types, such as defensive plans for great passing attacks, great running teams, mobile QBs, etc...
I'm not certain how I'm going to use my gameplans. Think I may just go into a few team gameplans and re-save them so that I can use them when I occasionally play as different teams in franchise. Otherwise, if I'm running a Cowboys franchise, if I play as the Saints, I won't have a 'Gameplan' w/ 10 or so plays. Ask Madden will be the only option with only 3 plays to choose from.

Last edited by RGiles36; 08-10-2010 at 03:09 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2010, 03:10 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayInSaratoga
Well, 18, but yes, I would like to be able to attack each team uniquely, although I don't because it's a huge chore to constantly need to quit and re-enter franchise. The Ravens, I want to be run heavy but stay away from Ngata as much as possible, and attack Carr when passing. The Pats, on defense, I want to use plays that concentrate on stopping Welker in the slot more. The Dolphins, I want to stack the line more to stop their running game. That's basically what the gameplan feature was apparently supposed to allow you to do.
Old 08-10-2010, 03:22 PM   #7
MVP

sniperhare's Arena

OVR: 10

I'd use the feature if the CPU scouted the team you were about to play and gave you a gameplan you could tweak. A game specific message from your different coordinators would be a realistic addition to the game.
Old 08-10-2010, 03:36 PM   #8
MVP

Palo20's Arena

OVR: 21

Honestly I think it's really easy and intuitive to use multiple gameplans, creating them might be a pain.

Before you go into franchise mode, you create your gameplan and save it, name it after the team you're playing. Create a CPU gameplan if you want.

When you're at the gameplan/playbook screen, it has every gameplan available to select, every one you've made for that playbook. It's really very easy, the interface just happens to be out of franchise mode.

Also if you want to "scout" your opponent, go look at their gameplan. Consider it like having their "tendencies." now you know what they like to run situationally and you can create a gameplan around that.

Last edited by Palo20; 08-10-2010 at 03:38 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »