Home

Games completed penalty

This is a discussion on Games completed penalty within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-10-2010, 04:47 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Games completed penalty

ive played 4 games online, 3-1 on ps3. after each game ive gotten a penalty. most recent was 4 games completed penalty - 123 coins. and i won th egame by 15 which is 120 coins. so my ending coin total was 43 with the lil extra coins i got as well.. im just wondering is it really suppose to be taking coins away or wat?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2010, 05:45 PM   #2
MVP

baseballsim's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Games completed penalty

This has been reported on other forums as well. So far I haven't found an explanation for this.
Old 08-10-2010, 06:11 PM   #3
MVP

baseballsim's Arena

Have you activated Online Pass?
Old 08-10-2010, 06:25 PM   #4
Rookie

i activated my code on the back of the book.. but i havent even did my gamestop 20,000 coins
Old 08-10-2010, 07:03 PM   #5
Rookie

Whats the deal with this? Penalized for completing games? What kind of effin reward is that.........
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2010, 07:42 PM   #6
Rookie

ya wat i was thinkin, didnt think we get penalized for finishing games win or lose
Old 08-11-2010, 12:50 PM   #7
MVP

baseballsim's Arena

Here's an explanation:

http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/li...0.page#7173211

Quote:
This is exactly what it is. It doesn't actually detract from your total coins (that you already have or paid for) but the coins you earn per game per day. It strikes me as another win trading combat tactic. Also he said this on Twitter (responded within 5 minutes of my question too).

This really must have been a problem last year given a few of the changes made to online. Win trading (launching a game w/ a buddy, having one person quit so the other person gets the win after a few minutes) to either climb the leaderboards or accumulate coins for MUT must have been an issue since now you:

-Can't invite a friend to an online ranked match (can't boost up the leaderboards)
-Opponent quits in the first half, the other doesn't get the win (a little drastic in hindsight, but effective at stopping win trading)
-Games per day coin penalty (can't play a bunch of games w/ a buddy to build up coins in a row)

I know some of these changes might not seem that great for the casual guy looking to have fun, but there are A LOT of cheaters out there in the online community, and I like that EA is taking steps to make things more difficult for them. The only one I disagree w/ is the first half thing. Perhaps the first quarter would have been smarter.

Old 08-11-2010, 12:54 PM   #8
MVP

jmurphy31's Arena

OVR: 21

I dont like how you cant go into a lobby anymore and invite a someone to a ranked game (even non-friends) (I dont like to play random people)

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »