Home

Dual-Back Systems

This is a discussion on Dual-Back Systems within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-10-2010, 08:18 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Dual-Back Systems

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCsFinest5
Hey do you mean the other way around? It wont let me select these settings.
I can't say for sure but I'm pretty sure he did.
Old 08-10-2010, 08:59 PM   #10
Banned

OVR: 22

A question I have is are the stats for back up HB's realistic this year? For instance, a lot of teams use their backup HB as a recieving back, ie the Saints. So do guys such as Reggie Bush record 50+ catches. In years passed Bush would only have like 10-15 on the season, totally unrealistic. Some teams even have a 3rd HB that they use as their power back, is this implemented in the game at all? In years passed the 3rd HB would barely play at all.
Old 08-10-2010, 09:05 PM   #11
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenReign86
A question I have is are the stats for back up HB's realistic this year? For instance, a lot of teams use their backup HB as a recieving back, ie the Saints. So do guys such as Reggie Bush record 50+ catches. In years passed Bush would only have like 10-15 on the season, totally unrealistic. Some teams even have a 3rd HB that they use as their power back, is this implemented in the game at all? In years passed the 3rd HB would barely play at all.
I'm not sure b/c I haven't simulated a season yet, however, In my franchise as the 49ers I just played the saints in my week 2 Monday night football game and the saints sent reggie bush wide as a WR quite a few times.

*correction - They motioned him from the backfield to the line. He didn't line up as a WR
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2010, 09:05 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 10

I use Bradshaw and Jacobs I just use Formation Subs in-game week one and put Bradshaw in a bunch of plays and he will also come in when Jacobs is tired... I think it works very well and I see myself going to the hot hand during the game, Ex. If the D is stuffing the middle I~ll tend to run outside more with Bradshaw...
Old 08-10-2010, 11:02 PM   #13
Pro

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenReign86
Naw they still crap all over your second/third back. They will still end up with a ypc of like 2.1.
Old 08-10-2010, 11:08 PM   #14
Rookie

bo4345's Arena

OVR: 4

I got all three backs(Moreno, Buckhalter and White) involved in the game. From Week 1 @ Jax the stats were:

Moreno- 12 Carries 28 Yards.. just couldn't get him going
Buckhalter - 7 Carries 32 Yards
White - 3 Carries 24 Yards
Tebow - 2 Carries 5 Yards
I did this with 50 Fatigue and no adjusted sliders on All-Pro but none the less, I am able to have a balanced rushing attack with my Broncos. I was kind of surprised when Lendale White got into the game because in M10 the 3rd HB never got carries ingame or simming.

I think this may have been a product of me having many long drives during the game because Moreno was constantly being subbed out for rest.
Old 08-10-2010, 11:13 PM   #15
Rookie

I played the Chiefs earlier in a franchise game with the Browns and the cpu did a good job mixing between Charles and Jones. I think Charles has 18 carries and Jones had 10 carries. But it could have been my auto sub settings too.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2010, 11:48 PM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 3

Don't forget that there's also the "HB Sub" and "HB Spell" packages, as well as "Dual-HB" package. That's been the most convenient way for me to do it over the years.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »