Home

The things that NEED to be in Patch #1

This is a discussion on The things that NEED to be in Patch #1 within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-11-2010, 08:41 AM   #33
MVP

xylocaine's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: The things that NEED to be in Patch #1

While playing ranked online games last night, I noticed many of my highlights were not saved in the highlight section. I had a safety for example that I wanted to view again and it said no highlight available or something. Last year you could watch every play.

The more I play this version of madden I scratch my head, it seems the things that they got right this year they have messed up for some reason. Just like someone else pointed out about challenges online, they don't even show the replay just the two coaches??? why would we want to see that.

Also they need to improve the framerate of the online games, seems much more sluggish than last year.
Come on EA this is a lazy effort.

Also please give me a setting to turn of the offensive and defensive coordinator in ranked online games, that text blocks the screen. And give me the option of turning off gameflow so I don't have to press x every time just to get to my play book. Thought this was suppose to be more stream line but calling plays takes more steps as well as the strategy pad.

So far this Madden is a step back from the giant leap Madden 10 took.

Last edited by xylocaine; 08-11-2010 at 08:46 AM.
Old 08-11-2010, 08:47 AM   #34
Rookie

Triathlete_201's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by erkizzlemynizzle
What you said, tighten Human pass coverage, and tone way down speed of AI passing. All passers throw the ball 589 mph. Impossible to cover.
Agreed. How the heck are you supposed to play D in this game when the passes are thrown at light speed? They are impossible to react to..most of them that is.
Old 08-11-2010, 09:02 AM   #35
Rookie

MCNABB51BOI's Arena

OVR: 5

id ask please patch some defense into this game

and like the poster above me said QBs all throw the ball with way too good. i wanna tell the diff between brady and chad henne .

broken tackles or pro tak falling and rolling for and extra 4 yards every other play has to be toned down a lil bit
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-11-2010, 09:04 AM   #36
Rookie

Ronnie brown23's Arena

OVR: 3

1)fix the defense
2)fix the defense
3)fix the defense
Old 08-11-2010, 09:12 AM   #37
MVP

Kushmir's Arena

OVR: 16

1) fix pursuit angles

2) safety play and reaction time (give us the safety play from Madden 10--it was perfect)

3) more deflections and dislodges (especially on passes in coverage) more plays on the ball by the defense in general. defenders seem unaware of the ball.

4) more deflections by the DL at the LOS

5) less broken tackles

*stares at people asking for dirty jerseys when we've got REAL gameplay issues..*

Last edited by Kushmir; 08-11-2010 at 10:12 AM.
Old 08-11-2010, 09:16 AM   #38
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Real Ma$$ive
Not sure if this is just me, but my cousin has a great connection and so do I, but kicking field goals were laggy, as well as when players where walking to the line. The game just looks bad online compared to offline.

It doesn't seem like it has that no lag feel that Madden 10 had. They need to fix the online stability.
This X1000. I dont have any lag when playing any other game I own. This game plays incredible smooth off-line. However, on-line, almost every game is a complete lag fest. It throws off the timing of every facet of the game and makes it very difficult to play.

Please fix the on-line stability. It needs it in a BIG way!
Old 08-11-2010, 09:18 AM   #39
MVP

Also, the human pass defense needs a big boost. Players are running wide open all over the field on drags and slant passes.
Old 08-11-2010, 09:21 AM   #40
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by xylocaine
While playing ranked online games last night, I noticed many of my highlights were not saved in the highlight section. I had a safety for example that I wanted to view again and it said no highlight available or something. Last year you could watch every play.

The more I play this version of madden I scratch my head, it seems the things that they got right this year they have messed up for some reason. Just like someone else pointed out about challenges online, they don't even show the replay just the two coaches??? why would we want to see that.

Also they need to improve the framerate of the online games, seems much more sluggish than last year.
Come on EA this is a lazy effort.

Also please give me a setting to turn of the offensive and defensive coordinator in ranked online games, that text blocks the screen. And give me the option of turning off gameflow so I don't have to press x every time just to get to my play book. Thought this was suppose to be more stream line but calling plays takes more steps as well as the strategy pad.

So far this Madden is a step back from the giant leap Madden 10 took.
Xlocaine, when playing on-line you can turn off the coordinator audio and sub text by just turning them off in your game settings. Also, to play a game without gameflow you need to go to the head to head screen and hit X to bring up the options. Then change the play calling to "traditional".

You have to do this every time you go to find a game because it always sets to gameflow as default.

Hope this helps!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »