Home

The things that NEED to be in Patch #1

This is a discussion on The things that NEED to be in Patch #1 within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-11-2010, 12:51 PM   #65
Rookie

TheFuture94's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: The things that NEED to be in Patch #1

Man Coverage ... players get out of their backpedal too soon and the good DBs are too slow to react.

Zone Coverage ... always could use work.

Broken Tackles ... TONE. IT. DOWN. It really kills the gameplay.

Injuries ... TONE. IT. DONE. I had 6 injuries in my first game.

Fumles ... TONE. IT. DONE. I also had five fumbles between me and the CPU in the first game

Blocking assignments ... needs more consistency.

Pass rush ... four-man pass rush needs to be stronger.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-11-2010, 01:01 PM   #66
Rookie

OVR: 14

I think a lot of what people have said here rings true. But honestly, I'd like to see them fix the issue that pastapadre talked about, with there being so few pregame intros (http://www.pastapadre.com/2010/08/07...ameplay-videos).

Seeing as how they apparently recorded 900 of them, and we currently have access to like 10, it'd be nice to hear. Since it seems the presentation aspect was something they really wanted to work on, I'd love to see it. Get that in there, fix some of the visual issues, maybe up the blocking a bit so that they're a bit smarter ala NCAA, up the def a bit as well, and don't change the stats for Franchise at all, and we should be good.
Go STL Rams...please don't get Sam Bradford killed...
Old 08-11-2010, 01:01 PM   #67
Rookie

Triathlete_201's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWatcher
-They need to patch OUT the mid-air chest and mid-air back bump cut scenes. They happen WAY too often, the camera is bad in both, and the players leave the screen leaving an empty shot.

-The line where Gus says "The pigskin, oh..." and then goes silent is a mistake. It needs to be cut if it can be.

-Eliminate the scene of the scoring player running off the field after the extra point. It's out of sequence. Where would he be running from? He's already going to be on the sideline during an extra point.

-I turn GameFlow on because it's the only way for the presentation to look presentable... for the love of God, stop GameFlow from automatically picking plays on offense. GameFlow is fine, but that part of the idea is horrible. I can't tell you how many times I've tried to watch a replay and suddenly GameFlow picks my play. This really should've come with an option for automatic playcalling or no automatic playcalling, but as it is now, I can't watch a replay all the way through and once again parts of the concept design is negatively affecting presentation, but is something that deosn't have to be.

-The following players need their skintones corrected as they are totally wrong: Joseph Addai, Dez Bryant, Thomas Jones, Lesean McCoy, Marion Barber, Pierre Thomas, London Fletcher, Laurence Maroney (his is wrong for the 3rd year in a row), and I'm sure there are many more. They have to start using photos of players while they are on the field to determine skintones instead of stock headshots. The stock headshots tend to show lighter than the player is.

-Frank Gore is WAAAAAY too thin, and I'm not so sure LaDanian Tomlinson is the right size either.

-User QB's can throw out of a sack way too easily.

-The CPU pocket takes forever to collapse, if it collapses at all.

-The Pre-Game intro seems broken, because Cris says the same thing pretty much every game about the look in the QB's eyes. It's surprisingly well-done, we just shouldn't hear it this often.

-The Gatorade scene happens at the end of every quarter and on every timeout. This shouldn't be happening. There are other scenes available in the game that can be shown at random. Cut to the fans sometime, the coaches, a random player... the press box... anything...

-Players will celebrate after a bad play. For example, I got a 4th down stop on the Ravens to seal the game and beat them. It then went to a cut scene of the Ravens celebrating... yeah, that's broken.

-Here is yet another reason why all that jump-in-the-air chest and back bumping stuff needs to go... I was down by 10 about to lose the game with 17 seconds left. I threw an incomplete pass. The game then went into a cutscene of my offensive lineman celebrating with a mid-air back bump.

-Something is broken in the code for the Top Performers sequence, because it not only pops up at the absolute worse times like after a big field goal has been made, and it doesn't come up AFTER the field goal cut scene but DURING... it's awful. It almost never goes into the right camera angle (high stadium corner backdrop).

-You still can't back out of an "EA Sports Highlight" in the pause menu when you want to save a replay. You have to watch it all the way through before you can choose another camera angle.

-There is a glitch where a player running towards the sideline will sometimes freeze and the defender freezes, too (I have the highlight saved). Then after a second they both come back to
life and engage.

-In rain games when the kicker is about to kick off, there is a CPU angle choice that for some reason when it's in that angle the rain disappears. Same thing happens with the pre-play QB camera angles. I haven't tried snow, but it could be a problem in that condition as well.

Somebody at EA / Tiburon, hire this guy ASAP to manage your presentation dept. of your football games.
Old 08-11-2010, 01:17 PM   #68
Rookie

OVR: 1

You should be able to change autosub settings during a game. Also, the PS3 version seems to stutter a lot between plays. It takes to long to button through the replay and get to the playcall screen after a play ends.
Old 08-11-2010, 01:21 PM   #69
Rookie

OVR: 6
I don't understand how these things happen every iteration of this game.
Old 08-11-2010, 01:39 PM   #70
Rookie

OVR: 1

Skin tones and weight of players need to be fixed. On the Niners Frank Gore is way too skinny. And Taylor Mays is too light, and Michael Crabtree's skin is too dark.
Old 08-11-2010, 01:45 PM   #71
MVP

jmurphy31's Arena

OVR: 21

2 additional things I noticed. My best CB lines up over the RB a ton and just like last year my WR somehow ends up playing CB.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-11-2010, 01:54 PM   #72
Dog
aka jnes12/JNes__

Dog's Arena

OVR: 60

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFuture94
Man Coverage ... players get out of their backpedal too soon and the good DBs are too slow to react.

Zone Coverage ... always could use work.

Broken Tackles ... TONE. IT. DOWN. It really kills the gameplay.

Injuries ... TONE. IT. DONE. I had 6 injuries in my first game.

Fumles ... TONE. IT. DONE. I also had five fumbles between me and the CPU in the first game

Blocking assignments ... needs more consistency.

Pass rush ... four-man pass rush needs to be stronger.

you know most of your list can be fixed with sliders right?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »