Home

Broken team ratings when you mess with rosters?

This is a discussion on Broken team ratings when you mess with rosters? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-11-2010, 08:40 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Broken team ratings when you mess with rosters?

So I downloaded the new rosters from online and the Rams are a 66. So I decide I am going to start a Franchise with them because I am a big OU fan plus I would like the challenge of turning them around. So before I start my franchise, I make a few trades for guys that I like (but I only trade for guys of equal or lesser OVR rating). So I trade Knall who is a 66 for John Parker Wilson who is a 60. Then I trade a 66 OVR rating WR for Juaquan Iglacias(spelling?), who is a 64. So that's -6 I took on the QB and -2 I took on the WR and I went to choose my team and the team rating jumped from a 66 to an 81??? Anyone have this problem? I coulda understood maybe a 1 point jump because I traded for 2 younger players with a little bit of upside but a 15 point one is kinda crazy!

And yes I so realize that this will not affect gameplay but it's weird.
NFL : RAMS
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-11-2010, 08:44 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 11
Re: Broken team ratings when you mess with rosters?

Team Ratings are based off your depth chart, if you change your depth chart around, you'll change your Team Rating.
Old 08-11-2010, 08:46 AM   #3
Pro

FORMULA316's Arena

OVR: 14
Wink Re: Broken team ratings when you mess with rosters?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bxgoods
Team Ratings are based off your depth chart, if you change your depth chart around, you'll change your Team Rating.
At this stage, lmatthew9 is G.M of the year
Old 08-11-2010, 08:50 AM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bxgoods
Not saying your wrong, BUT that maybe the case if you change the depth charts with the teams original players but if you change players on teams them thats not the case becauise I never did touch the chart... Unless the computer changed it because I traded someone that was on the depth chart. And If that's the case I don't think there's anyone in here that can change the rams depth chart around and make them a 80+ team... So obviously it's broken.
Old 08-11-2010, 08:52 AM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FORMULA316
At this stage, lmatthew9 is G.M of the year
I expect to be getting a call from the rams organization any minute. Haha
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-11-2010, 08:53 AM   #6
Pro

Kahuma's Arena

OVR: 17

I noticed this too. Online the Rams have a 66 Overall, but on an offline franchise they are at an 80.
Old 08-11-2010, 10:08 AM   #7
Banned

OVR: 2

this is clearly broken because last night I tweaked the packers roster to start a dynasty with my buddy and we created 10 guys for it. We traded away guys like Rodgers and Woodson to make room for our created players who are all very high rated as in 95+ each and we also helped the rest of the team with getting some high rated guys as well and our depth is as good/better than the default Packers squad.

Start the chise up and the team is rated in the 60s.

Clearly the game is basing the team ratings off the guys it is expecting to be there and once they're gone it looks at the default roster ignoring any created players or traded guys.

Just one thing that was working FINE every other year and is now broken. How people can break something that was working when it didn't need to be touched is beyond me but hey, that's the case here.

My concern now is that if you go to sim games it'll go by the team ratings rather than player ratings and my super team will be junk and those teams I changed the rosters of with my trades will also have issues even though I mainly made the rosters better of those teams.
Old 08-11-2010, 10:19 AM   #8
All Star

OVR: 33

Online Ratings are numbers assigned by Donny Moore.

Offline Ratings (when altered) are the average for the 22 starters on your team.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »