Home

On the positive side...

This is a discussion on On the positive side... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-11-2010, 09:35 AM   #9
MVP

BezO's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: On the positive side...

Running between the tackles looks great. I don't like that every team seems to have great run blocking, but it looks good. The lack of engaged player mobility is hidden.

Graphics look good as usual.

The CPU runs the ball effectively. Too many big runs, and too many teams have good running games, but it's still good to see.

Gus Johnson

Replays, though cut off, are frequent and well timed. I like the multiple angles. I like the highlights at the end of quarters. Now they just need some commentary to go with them.
Old 08-11-2010, 09:37 AM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 10

I love Madden!!! On the positive side of Francise I think thet fixed a couple of HUGE small details that has me not wanting to put down the controller. I know alot of people want a new revamped Chise, but for me I'm happy with the fact they fixed sim stats so now my 2RB wont win RBOY becasue he has 10 TD and Chris Johnson rushes for 1800 yards and 2 TD.. Sim stats are almost perfect, now back RBs sim stats from what I hear are not that good, but I'm ok with tat if te starters are spot on... And second ting which IMO is Huge is there are no in-game injuries this year just seem in MAdden 10 you really never had to worry about anyone getting hurt, and from what I have read and seen in my 6 games your backups better be ready... so Yes I Love Madden 11
Old 08-11-2010, 09:49 AM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 4

I picked up the game yesterday even though I was going to hold out. I've got some family comming over for the weekend and I knew we would have some great multiplayer games if nothing else.

And... I'm glad I did. Wow was I impressed with this game on the field. I only got to play like three games last night but it was a breath of fresh air.

The thing that really sold me was the sideline work. It TOTALLY changes the game. It's just a whole new experience now that I can realisticly work the sidelines. I know it's in NCAA but in Madden it seems in my limited gameplay, it works MUCH better. I had a 2 min drill no huddle with the Panthers that was Purrrrrfect. Butsted up the cover 2 with a deep ball down the middle and then worked the sidelines all the way to FG range. Never had a 2 min drill work so well in Madden.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-11-2010, 09:55 AM   #12
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romeclone
I picked up the game yesterday even though I was going to hold out. I've got some family comming over for the weekend and I knew we would have some great multiplayer games if nothing else.

And... I'm glad I did. Wow was I impressed with this game on the field. I only got to play like three games last night but it was a breath of fresh air.

The thing that really sold me was the sideline work. It TOTALLY changes the game. It's just a whole new experience now that I can realisticly work the sidelines. I know it's in NCAA but in Madden it seems in my limited gameplay, it works MUCH better. I had a 2 min drill no huddle with the Panthers that was Purrrrrfect. Butsted up the cover 2 with a deep ball down the middle and then worked the sidelines all the way to FG range. Never had a 2 min drill work so well in Madden.

I see what you did there... But yes the sideline can and will be huge I havent had to use them yet to win but I'm sure I will
Old 08-11-2010, 10:40 AM   #13
Nothing to see here folks

oneamongthefence's Arena

OVR: 22

Spectate mode is back and better than ever.
Old 08-11-2010, 11:19 AM   #14
Rookie

Triathlete_201's Arena

- Loving the run game. Blocking is hugely improved.
- Graphics are great
- Stadium sounds are nifty
- D Line pressure is grand
- Online features are super
- Big hits are awesome
Old 08-11-2010, 11:24 AM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triathlete_201
- Loving the run game. Blocking is hugely improved.
This is the best update to me..It's fun following your lead blocker through the hole now.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-11-2010, 11:33 AM   #16
7 dirty words...

ryan36's Arena

OVR: 36

For me the run blocking is the best part of the game so far, it's fun trying to figure out whether to run a counter or a draw. Watching the hole develop on a draw is a thing of beauty.

Now to the people who said that only the negative threads get closed, that's not true. If you can't see the types of threads we're steering toward impression and Q&A and the threads on more general topics we're allowing for expanded discussion for , then I guess that's on you.

Also to the people who think only negative threads get closed (while off topic), I am VERY VERY disappointed in this game this year, probably gonna take it back today. I know that 3 or 4 mods on this site who won't even consider buying Madden.

But to get back ON topic, I am loving the run game. And I missed a kick with the new kick meter which was sweet...

And I don't want to see ANY responses except about the run game and kick meter, at least in response to my post

Last edited by ryan36; 08-11-2010 at 11:36 AM.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »