Home

MADDEN 11 MOST REALISTIC MADDEN TO DATE???

This is a discussion on MADDEN 11 MOST REALISTIC MADDEN TO DATE??? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-11-2010, 12:54 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
MADDEN 11 MOST REALISTIC MADDEN TO DATE???

I think this years Madden is probably the closest that I've seen the series come to replicating what we see on Sundays!! I say this because in the few games that I have played (10 to be exact) I haven't really seen the same thing anyone time. Every team seems to me to have their style down pact...When I play with the Ravens my defense has shut the opposing offense DOWN!! But on offense I can't seem to do all that much, just enough to pull out the victory with conservative play calling by the OC. As the my beloved Rams I can pound the rock with Stephen Jackson, but anything beyond that the Rams suck!! I've had monster games with the Saints and Viks putting up 40 some odd points with those two monster offenses! I know some people may bash me and think I am a EA fanboy, not the case, I've bought Madden every year since 1997 and even a few years before that, and I've always been done with it about a month after purchase because it has never really played like a real game of football...In short, this seems to the closest thing to a sim. that has ever been!! I'm loving it!! Ok, bash away!! LOL
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-11-2010, 12:56 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 10
Re: MADDEN 11 MOST REALISTIC MADDEN TO DATE???

Yea, They do get better every year, I have to give them their props...

People want too much from video games, thinking companies can make a game completely over in a year...

I come into the game realistic and always come out liking the subtlties??
Old 08-11-2010, 12:58 PM   #3
Pro

Section_25's Arena

OVR: 13

I'm enjoying the game also ! This year it really seems to draw me into wanting to load the game and play more than previous years.
Old 08-11-2010, 01:00 PM   #4
MVP

Klocker's Arena

OVR: 16

Exactly my thoughts... it for the first time ever, feels like real NFL football out there... previous versions have felt like arcade fake football.
Old 08-11-2010, 01:06 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klocker
Exactly my thoughts... it for the first time ever, feels like real NFL football out there... previous versions have felt like arcade fake football.
It's what I've been waiting for, you have to know the team your playing with and against in order to win now, previous editions of Madden to me, seemed like cheese got you everything you needed...Now Madden 11 seems like cheese can be countered! I used to hate goin' into an online ranked match knowing that I would probably be cheesed to death and finally quit, now at least at the moment I don't feel that way and if you don't the X's and O's of football you really don't stand much of chance!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-11-2010, 01:07 PM   #6
Banned

OVR: 4

It is the best madden to date but... NCAA 11 has almost ruined it for me.

NCAA 11 is the best football game period for this generation of consoles and beats madden in every aspect. It seems Madden has all of NCAA's flaws this year but none of the things that make it great.
Old 08-11-2010, 01:08 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

I really agree with the OP, the locomotion has made the game so much more realistic. Now when you see certain players who behave how they should (Sproles, Felix Jones) it really makes the game more NFL-like.
Old 08-11-2010, 01:10 PM   #8
Go Irish

Rules's Arena

OVR: 17

Add in working weather that impacts the game and I may buy it in the future.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »