Home

I have Madden 09, is 11 a good step up?

This is a discussion on I have Madden 09, is 11 a good step up? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-12-2010, 05:52 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: I have Madden 09, is 11 a good step up?

If you arn't going to play much, I might just wait till Madden 12 even though madden 11 is significantly better than 09. But with Madden 12 you should get a lot more inovative things about franchise and I would want to wait for that.
Old 08-12-2010, 06:13 AM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 2

I'm a hardcore player but this was the first year I don't plan on getting Madden since I first got my first Madden game with Madden 2002.

I'm strictly a franchise player, so if you're mainly like me, I'd hold off till 2012. The madden crew announced that they pretty much ignored the franchise mode for 2011 and have their eyes set on 2012, so I will not, for the first time in 10 years, be getting the Madden.

It's like a car entering the final year before a complete re-design. I would never buy a car in the last year of the model design. I'd wait for the new re-design before purchasing a car, and that's how I see things with Madden. I love Madden and I'm not one to complain about the game, but for me this year, it doesn't make too much sense to go get Madden '11 based on what's coming in the future.
Old 08-12-2010, 08:36 AM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 3

Get 10. It's better than 11 and significantly less expensive.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2010, 09:59 AM   #12
MVP

xylocaine's Arena

OVR: 12

Madden 10 was a big step up from madden 09, and Madden 11 is a revised version of M10. So the answer is yes I'd definitely upgrade. However, Madden 11 is in need of some patches and if they address some of the issues it will be even better. Online people quitting before halftime is a must patch if you like playing online. Madden 11 nailed the running game, which you will enjoy much more than M09

Last edited by xylocaine; 08-12-2010 at 12:15 PM.
Old 08-12-2010, 11:05 AM   #13
MVP

stlstudios189's Arena

OVR: 41

I think I liked 09 more than Madden 10 but, 11 is a true upgrade I can't explain it I just didn't like 10 even though 11 is an upgrade off of 10 I like it?! Most likely it's the running game improvement.

I have won like 20 Super Bowls in Madden so I am kinda a big deal.
Old 08-12-2010, 11:12 AM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 0

I was in the same boat as you and ended up buying 11 after skipping 10. Must say I am happy with my decision.

Like you I am casual player, rarely play online just kind of stick with franchise. A lot of the stuff that irritated me about 09 if fixed. Also, default all pro settings for me appear to be fine. People on this forum are doing a lot of slider adjustments but I think if you're a casual player like me you won't notice a lot of the things they talk about. I've played a couple of games already and am having a great time. Only MAJOR bug I found was on the challenge play...game misunderstood my fumble challenge for a yard placement on the run back. Ended up costing me 6. I thought they fixed this crap?
Old 08-12-2010, 01:24 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 1

I bought into the hype and got Madden 09 collectors edition. Never played it that much cuz of the horrendous animation in the game. I liked the Madden 11 demo, and got NCAA 11 which is good so I just ordered it. The only good thing about the collectors edition was NFL Head coach 09 in it. Its fun calling the shots and not worring about being a thumb spaz on the controller.
11 has to be a step up from 09
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2010, 02:01 PM   #16
Rookie

OpTiOnMaStA's Arena

OVR: 4

There isn't really a right or wrong answer to this but I guess I will just add my two cents.

I like Madden 11 but there are significant frustrations with it that you won't have if you get Madden 10 which is significantly cheaper. One of the main frustrations is the strategy pad which is supposed to become optional via a patch. Secondly, GameFlow is a feature that I could certainly live without. In addition to this, a lot of the minor irritations you will have to face are a new kicking meter and the stupidity of Ask Madden coming up every fourth down opportunity you have if you call your own plays (this was in Madden 10 but should have been done away with in 11).

Locomotion makes its appearance and the run blocking has taken a step forward this year. These changes are even more noticeable in NCAA 11 than they are in Madden 11. Sideline catches are a big step up from where they ever were in the past.

Franchise mode went untouched. If you are a major franchise mode player and you can live without updated rosters, locomotion, and the sideline catches you would probably be best served just buying Madden 10 and saving yourself the money. If you have an extra $60 sitting around, though, it's worth it.

NCAA 11 is probably going to end up being the best football game released this year because there is a lot more you can do with it and it actually received attention to its online dynasty mode. I would recommend you at least try that game out whether that be by rental, etc. if you like college football at all.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »