Home

Again it's impossible to get sacks that aren't coverage sacks.

This is a discussion on Again it's impossible to get sacks that aren't coverage sacks. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-13-2010, 08:40 PM   #73
Pro

CAG CheechDogg's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Again it's impossible to get sacks that aren't coverage sacks.

@ cheapargentina

If you come on here asking for help please do not call anyone ignorant. I myself posted that you need to raise up the tackling slider to be able to tackle the QB and prevent those cheap throws to avoid the sack.

Many people don't believe this but raising the break tackle more than 40 for the cpu or even the human is going to keep your human controlled player from actually grabbing and bringing the qb down before he throws the ball.

If you don't believe me then I don't know what else to do for you buddy. I can get 5+ sacks with my human controlled lbs or safeties but what is the fun in that? I adjust the sliders to give me realistic numbers in just about every category.

For you to say that sliders do not fix this is what is ignorant. I posted about 2 weeks ago that sliders would not help this game and also said I would not be buying it. Lucky for me my girl bought me the game and I started messing with sliders. This year the sliders actually work. But like I said before, messing with one slider is going to take effect on others as well. So you have to find that median to balance the game out according to your gameplay.

So mess with that tackling slider and don't bring it lower than 60 for human and around 45-50 for the cpu depending on your gamestyle. I have put up the sliders I am working on you should check them out. Click here to view.

Gamertag: CAG CheechDogg
Old 08-13-2010, 08:45 PM   #74
Pro

Giants2003's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giants2003
Got 4 sacks in my first game last night against the colts in Indy. One was a coverage sack using my skill
Got 2 more sacks in my game #2 against the Vikes and one was on Favre
I am having no trouble getting sacks
Old 08-13-2010, 08:51 PM   #75
Pro

michapop9's Arena

OVR: 9

The A.I. defense is simply not hard enough, it is too easy to score 40 plus every game, The pass and run react sliders for the computer are always at 100 and Ive tried all kinds of variations of user sliders until it is ridiculously unrealistic and theres at least 10 dropped passes a game.

The only way I can think to truly rectify this problem so there are a wide range of difficulty levels so you appeal to a wide range of people is this:

USE NCAA 11'S METHOD OF SLIDERS!!!!!!!

Rookie has its own slider set
Pro has its own slider set
All-Pro has its own slider set
All-madden has its own slider set

All sets are 0-100 within there difficulty level!!!

This would appeal to the hardcore as well as the "casual" gamer and if you want it arcade than so be it, with this wide of a range you you have a much greater chance of finding the settings that you personally find realistic no matter what your skill level!!!! C'mon Madden team NCAA has totally outdone you this year!!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2010, 09:08 PM   #76
Pro

CAG CheechDogg's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by michapop9
The A.I. defense is simply not hard enough, it is too easy to score 40 plus every game, The pass and run react sliders for the computer are always at 100 and Ive tried all kinds of variations of user sliders until it is ridiculously unrealistic and theres at least 10 dropped passes a game.

The only way I can think to truly rectify this problem so there are a wide range of difficulty levels so you appeal to a wide range of people is this:

USE NCAA 11'S METHOD OF SLIDERS!!!!!!!

Rookie has its own slider set
Pro has its own slider set
All-Pro has its own slider set
All-madden has its own slider set

All sets are 0-100 within there difficulty level!!!

This would appeal to the hardcore as well as the "casual" gamer and if you want it arcade than so be it, with this wide of a range you you have a much greater chance of finding the settings that you personally find realistic no matter what your skill level!!!! C'mon Madden team NCAA has totally outdone you this year!!!!

You are so late buddy. Madden had these types of slider sets before and they were the worst. And if you really think about it, you can duplicate those exact slider sets as in Maddens past. They just call it "custom". Before, each slider set you could customize it from its original settings and you are still able to do that now.

And I really believe that they knew as well that sliders were broken before and are still to some point now. Until they are able to separate and prevent one slider category from affecting another, sliders will continue to do weird things.

Old 08-13-2010, 09:19 PM   #77
Rookie

OVR: 6

I posted earlier saying I was having trouble getting user sacks. I don't know if it's because I lowered the cpu's broken tackles, but I've sacked the qb 3x in 2 games (team sacks around 6 or so).

eta: I changed bt to 46; I'm lowering it now to 45.
Old 08-13-2010, 09:25 PM   #78
Pro

michapop9's Arena

OVR: 9

To a point you may be correct, and sliders do affect eachother in wierd ways, however, why do they work so well in NCAA11?? Why are these current gen maddens being compared to the gameplay of the PS2 days?? Theres no way they can be the worst if its done like NCAA11!! Its just giving the user a wider range of difficulty settings, and for a game thats so offensively biased and obviously trying to appeal to the casual crowd, this is exactly what it needs.
Old 08-13-2010, 11:25 PM   #79
Rookie

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheechDogg75
@ cheapargentina

If you come on here asking for help please do not call anyone ignorant. I myself posted that you need to raise up the tackling slider to be able to tackle the QB and prevent those cheap throws to avoid the sack.

Many people don't believe this but raising the break tackle more than 40 for the cpu or even the human is going to keep your human controlled player from actually grabbing and bringing the qb down before he throws the ball.

If you don't believe me then I don't know what else to do for you buddy. I can get 5+ sacks with my human controlled lbs or safeties but what is the fun in that? I adjust the sliders to give me realistic numbers in just about every category.

For you to say that sliders do not fix this is what is ignorant. I posted about 2 weeks ago that sliders would not help this game and also said I would not be buying it. Lucky for me my girl bought me the game and I started messing with sliders. This year the sliders actually work. But like I said before, messing with one slider is going to take effect on others as well. So you have to find that median to balance the game out according to your gameplay.

So mess with that tackling slider and don't bring it lower than 60 for human and around 45-50 for the cpu depending on your gamestyle. I have put up the sliders I am working on you should check them out. Click here to view.
as u can see i wrote i wasnt trying to start anything but after 8 pages of ppl posting the same exct answer u start to wonder if ppl really read others posts or they just talk out of their ***
or if ppl really didnt understand the question myself and others were askin
i have already tried messing with the sliders its the first thing i did but it doesnt work i even tried putting the cpu brk tkl as low as itll go and hum tkl as high as it would go and still same problem
ill give ur sliders a try tomorrow since u seem to have so much confidence in em

also sliders dont work online and i have the same problem

the most frustrating thing is that this same roblem was in madden 10 they patched it and it was toned down a bit but it re appears in madden 11 really?
Old 08-14-2010, 12:15 AM   #80
Pro

CAG CheechDogg's Arena

@ cheapargentina

Madden is not the same as NCAA, hate to break it to you. And about the sliders being as high as possible in tackling and break tackling as low as possible, that will not work. The AI for some reason plays even more weird if you set the sliders all the way down or all the way up. I only have two slider categories at 100, the cpu's run blocking and human's pass blocking I believe.

Somewhere along the way, EA made a mistake and they have not figured out what it is. I am not a game developer or anything close to what they are. I am sure it is a very difficult task to take on, but seriously, this is NEXT GEN gaming, they should of figured it out by now.

I just played a game vs the Texans where I didn't even touch the damn QB. I think this Madden so far is the best one yet. I never thought I would say that, but I honestly think so. The running game is awesome, the passing game is a thing of beauty, and the pass rush is there.

This game is playing like real life for me so far. I don't expect to get 3+ sacks every game, I expect to see games where I don't even sack the QB once. I guess what I did with my sliders is find Madden's "G SPOT" according to "ME".

Just be patient buddy, that is all I can tell yah. Don't try to go for the sack every play, the CPU's AI does catch on and they will make you pay for it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »