Home

Again it's impossible to get sacks that aren't coverage sacks.

This is a discussion on Again it's impossible to get sacks that aren't coverage sacks. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-12-2010, 11:42 AM   #9
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: Again it's impossible to get sacks that aren't coverage sacks.

You guys are missing the point. Yeah its possible to get sacks, but the code of the cpu qb is ********. More often than not they will throw the ball away to an open receiver just as you close in on them or throw the ball as they are getting hit. That is what this guy is trying to say. ROBO Qb is alive and well for the CPU QB. Has been this way for years.
There is NOTHING HUMANLY POSSIBLE that YOU can do to STOP ME.That is WHY they call ME UNCOVERABLE #85
Old 08-12-2010, 11:44 AM   #10
MVP

COMMISSIONERHBK9's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Men_in_Mass
9 games 14 sacks with Justin Tuck and 5 with Osi.. So ya its not impossible...

Sliders people , Sliders they are your friend!!!! I need to tweak mine as I feel I may be getting to many...
CAN YOU PLEASE post your sliders?
Old 08-12-2010, 11:47 AM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
This isn't directed at the OP but just a general statement. Sometimes people can't do things simply because of their skill level. I can't rush the ball for 300 yards in a game but I've read others can. Should I complain? I know the point that would be brought up would be "yea but you can rush the ball some right?" and yes that's true. However I've seen people that say they can't rush the ball at all and complain rushing is broke.

Something is not necessarily "broken" in the game just because you have difficulty or simply cannot do it.
Did you even read my post?

I don't need to practice moving the right stick to the right or left that's pretty basic.

I said I don't have a problem getting to the QB I'm saying the QB throws it away while getting contacted CONSISTENTLY which would be intentional grounding in the NFL.

There are also a billion times when your coming from the QB's blindside and he magically feels your presence and throws the ball as soon as your an inch away from sacking him.

You used to be able to avoid this by diving at the QB but they made diving pretty terrible.

And sliders don't change anything, if you tone down pass blocking sure you get through the line faster but the QB just throw the ball away quicker which makes for a boring and crappy game because the receivers don't get time to run they're routes.

I've run blitzes where the O Line just COULD NOT PICK IT UP and my MLB ran STRAIGHT through the line while the QB took the snap out from centre (not shotgun) and the MLB STILL didn't get the sack because the QB threw it IMMEDIATELY to a receiver who had only taken 2 steps...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2010, 12:14 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by COMMISSIONERHBK9
CAN YOU PLEASE post your sliders?

I'm at work so I dont have all them in front of me, but my feeling on sliders are that to each is there own... Kinda working off of Odoggs post... I cant use the DE and get sacks my self where someone else may be really good at that.. So instead I put the Sliders heavy in my favor off the top of my head I think they look something like this..

Pass D
Rea. Time 70
Int 30
Pass rush 70

and I have the CPU Pass blocking at 20... after 9 games I feel I may have to many sack and will boost the pass blocking a bit tonight... I just drives me crazy when people say the game is broken.. and you say hey try the sliders and they Scream.. I shouldn't need sliders the game shouldnt be broken.. The point of sliders are to help each player get the best out of the game, again like Dog said, I'm a beast on the ground I have thing hitting the holes just right. I can run the ball so I think my Rush Sliders is around 16 at this point where my Pass is at 11, same with my D rush slider is at 12 and my pD pass sliders are t 8.. its all about the player... Tweakem, I will has I get better at stoping the pass I'll lower my reaction slider... again Sliders are your best friend
Old 08-12-2010, 12:17 PM   #13
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by u0dcameron
Did you even read my post?

I don't need to practice moving the right stick to the right or left that's pretty basic.

I said I don't have a problem getting to the QB I'm saying the QB throws it away while getting contacted CONSISTENTLY which would be intentional grounding in the NFL.

There are also a billion times when your coming from the QB's blindside and he magically feels your presence and throws the ball as soon as your an inch away from sacking him.

You used to be able to avoid this by diving at the QB but they made diving pretty terrible.

And sliders don't change anything, if you tone down pass blocking sure you get through the line faster but the QB just throw the ball away quicker which makes for a boring and crappy game because the receivers don't get time to run they're routes.

I've run blitzes where the O Line just COULD NOT PICK IT UP and my MLB ran STRAIGHT through the line while the QB took the snap out from centre (not shotgun) and the MLB STILL didn't get the sack because the QB threw it IMMEDIATELY to a receiver who had only taken 2 steps...

Sorry I just dont see this happening... sure once or twice it happens but not every time like your making it out to be.. and if you hit the QB and he throw a bad pass its Int. Grounding.... That statement alone makes me wonder...
Old 08-12-2010, 12:23 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Men_in_Mass
9 games 14 sacks with Justin Tuck and 5 with Osi.. So ya its not impossible...

Sliders people , Sliders they are your friend!!!! I need to tweak mine as I feel I may be getting to many...
Stop appearing in every thread preaching how silders make this game good. Do you realize that most of us play this game online?
Old 08-12-2010, 12:25 PM   #15
Rookie

Triathlete_201's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by #85_on_a_mission
ROBO Qb is alive and well for the CPU QB. Has been this way for years.
Bingo. .
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2010, 12:28 PM   #16
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

u0dcameron - yes I read your post, you must not have read mine very carefully though. I'll quote the pertinent part for you to re-read though: "This isn't directed at the OP but just a general statement."

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »