Home

Again it's impossible to get sacks that aren't coverage sacks.

This is a discussion on Again it's impossible to get sacks that aren't coverage sacks. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-12-2010, 03:21 PM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Again it's impossible to get sacks that aren't coverage sacks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
jf28 - simple, one year dev cycle, a lot of upgrades/changes = bugs are in all sports games that release annually..
I'd agree if this were a bug and not something that consistently makes it into the game, it was like this last year too (although last year you were at least able to alleviate it by diving at the QB, this year for some reason when you hit square to tackle your guys basically just falls instead of diving forward).
Old 08-12-2010, 03:33 PM   #34
Pro

OVR: 12

I have only played 2 1/2 games and I am having trouble getting sacks also. I had the same problem with NCAA 11 when I first got it and now I don't have any problems at all.( and I heard that the tuner set corrected some of the problems, but I haven't downloaded it yet.)

My problem is when I start to dive at the qb there is a little lag and the defender doesn't really dive, he just falls down.

Also, for user controlled D-line players, it seems that they stand up and then go forward instead of going forward while they stand up. (hard to explain, but that is the best way I know how.)

Anyone have some useful tips?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Craniosynostosis
Old 08-12-2010, 04:09 PM   #35
Banned

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbalmer
I have only played 2 1/2 games and I am having trouble getting sacks also. I had the same problem with NCAA 11 when I first got it and now I don't have any problems at all.( and I heard that the tuner set corrected some of the problems, but I haven't downloaded it yet.)

My problem is when I start to dive at the qb there is a little lag and the defender doesn't really dive, he just falls down.

Also, for user controlled D-line players, it seems that they stand up and then go forward instead of going forward while they stand up. (hard to explain, but that is the best way I know how.)

Anyone have some useful tips?
Um if you guys could please try out my slider set in the slider forums I am getting consistent sacks with Dwight Freeney and Trent Cole
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2010, 04:10 PM   #36
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrod009
Stop appearing in every thread preaching how silders make this game good. Do you realize that most of us play this game online?
Online QB play and getting sacks against online players is not what this thread is about. Do you realize that?
Old 08-12-2010, 04:13 PM   #37
Pro

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike32Ownz
Um if you guys could please try out my slider set in the slider forums I am getting consistent sacks with Dwight Freeney and Trent Cole
I will do this tonight and see if it helps.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Craniosynostosis
Old 08-12-2010, 04:56 PM   #38
MVP

Senator Palmer's Arena

OVR: 18

I haven't played long enough to say that the pass rush is broken, but it is leaving a lot to be desired. I have had success with blitzes, even gotten a few free runners as the CPU doesn't pick up every blitz anymore, but my CPU teammates aren't exactly tearing it up when I go with a standard rush. And I haven't seen the "pass" mechanic make too much of a difference.

And to those talking about skill level, well not everyone controls linemen. I control the MLB exlusively, but if my DE is a guy like Peppers or Allen, I expect him to be collapsing the pocket with regularity.

I am going to keep at it, but I know that when I first played NCAA, I could tell the improvements in the pass rush immediately. Here, I am struggling to see a whole lot of difference from last year.
Old 08-12-2010, 05:10 PM   #39
MVP

Hova57's Arena

OVR: 31

couple thing bout pass rushing,

if you press up on the r-stick he will try to jump if he's engaged he will go down.

down on the r-stick is bull rush

left and right is swim or rip special move based on ratings.

my first game i used the eagles vs. washington . i put graham in and he beat up on the tackle all game long i got sacks and caused fumble sacks. using those moves above.
Old 08-12-2010, 05:16 PM   #40
Rookie

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrod009
Stop appearing in every thread preaching how silders make this game good. Do you realize that most of us play this game online?

Sorry for trying to help out my fellow player... Its not my fault your mad about online play... I dont bother with it... Just giving my 2 cent which I~m pretty sure I can do here..

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »