Home

Again it's impossible to get sacks that aren't coverage sacks.

This is a discussion on Again it's impossible to get sacks that aren't coverage sacks. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-13-2010, 11:51 AM   #65
MVP

OVR: 34
Re: Again it's impossible to get sacks that aren't coverage sacks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeah...THAT Guy
In my franchise, I converted two of my OLBs to DEs because they were better fits at DE in the 4-3 defense, so my my pass rushers were 99, 94, 93, and 88 overalls and I have no problem getting sacks manually or with the AI. Sacked Jason Campbell 9 times. Sacked Brees like 4 or 5 times and forced tons of bad passes from the pressure.
Agree.. playing games against the cpu I converted the Jets ro a 4-3..with Jason Taylor and Calvin PAce as the DE's

Depending on the OT matchups, I can cause some pretty nice havoc.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2010, 12:07 PM   #66
MVP

jmurphy31's Arena

OVR: 21

I kind of agree with G-Men's post
Playing with default All-Pro Settings, I feel I do get some sacks with the Patriots (who have a poor D-line to say the least). I actually dont mind the QB throwing the ball right before I get there, if he didnt I would have like 15 sacks a game). I think I am able to get to him easier when I mix up blitzes and straight up zone defenses. Also, I feel I get more when the CPU is behind in games in the 4th quarter
Old 08-13-2010, 12:09 PM   #67
Dog
aka jnes12/JNes__

Dog's Arena

OVR: 60

if you are up to it, if you bump up the speed to "fast" and mess with the pass rushers slidrs a little bit, you should see some good results. worked for me. but when i went down to "normal" speed, sacks were no where to be found until 2 plays on the last drive when the cpu was doing hail mary

Old 08-13-2010, 12:11 PM   #68
Rookie

Triathlete_201's Arena

OVR: 10

Dam, I just must suck at this game because every time I user control my D and go for a sack, the QB gets it off just in the nick of time..every single time. Same thing with NCAA for me. I have not got 1 user controlled sack yet.
Old 08-13-2010, 12:14 PM   #69
Dog
aka jnes12/JNes__

Dog's Arena

OVR: 60

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triathlete_201
Dam, I just must suck at this game because every time I user control my D and go for a sack, the QB gets it off just in the nick of time..every single time. Same thing with NCAA for me. I have not got 1 user controlled sack yet.

you dont suck. it happens to everyone. you could try and press square or B to dive and get more sacks, or use my method (if you are up to playing on fast) in the post above

Old 08-13-2010, 12:33 PM   #70
MVP

Tyrant8RDFL's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnes12eaglesfan
if you are up to it, if you bump up the speed to "fast" and mess with the pass rushers slidrs a little bit, you should see some good results. worked for me. but when i went down to "normal" speed, sacks were no where to be found until 2 plays on the last drive when the cpu was doing hail mary
After reading so many post here. I know see why I do not experience what others are here.

I play on very fast speed. I feel all around the game plays fine pressure wise on the QB.

Now coverage wise is a whole other story, but im sure sliders can aid it.

I know if I felt sacks where a problem I would just set the pass blocking slider to 0 then work my way up till I felt it was good for ME.

This is a easy fixs.
Old 08-13-2010, 12:48 PM   #71
Banned

OVR: 0

i agree 100% with G-Men_in_Mass. Sliders are important!! but i do also agree with the fact about the cpu getting hit and still getting off a pass. But that is easily described like this. . . It's a computer! it has no reaction time. it doesn't blink. it doesn't get nervous. It is a script that is ran on variables which are the sliders, time, field position. Tweaking the sliders can give you a better feel. but for the cpu having that 6th sense it will never fix that. at first i thought this madden was going to suck but after tweaking sliders this maybe the best yet. and online though sucks haha if it isn't glitchy it is ridiculous the setting it is on for your QB's accuracy. i played alot of gamebattles matches last year. and was looking forward to this year but until EA makes the first patch i'm not touching online again
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2010, 05:34 PM   #72
Rookie

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Men_in_Mass
The question I have is what is the problem? Are you not getting any sacks? Because what your talking about happens to me alot to I hit the QB he getts rid of the ball, but thru 11 games I have 36 team sacks.... I'm just not sure what the problem is, If this didnt happen the must QB's I play against would be 15 of 17 and I would have 15+ sacks a game, but instead I end up with 2 to 3 sacks a game and with good preassure can make a guy like Mike Vick go 13 for 31... I just dont see the problem, but maybe I'm looking at the glass half full and not half empty like alot of gamers do..
im pretty sure it would take me 3 seasons to get that many sacks. the only way i get em is when i get perfect coverage and the qb rolls out of the pocket (usually to the right) and i chase him down. most of the time i do this by only rushing 3 and covering the middle of da field with my SS myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmurphy31
I kind of agree with G-Men's post
Playing with default All-Pro Settings, I feel I do get some sacks with the Patriots (who have a poor D-line to say the least). I actually dont mind the QB throwing the ball right before I get there, if he didnt I would have like 15 sacks a game). I think I am able to get to him easier when I mix up blitzes and straight up zone defenses. Also, I feel I get more when the CPU is behind in games in the 4th quarter
again its not a problem of getting to him i CAN get penetration, using sliders you can tweak this to your liking and your difficulty level. the problem is when i get to him the QB just gets rid of it no matter what. the only time this doesnt happen is on the final play of the game if the CPU is down they will take the sack instead of throwing up a bomb.
that makes sense right through out the game its ok to risk INT but da final play when ur down u take da sack instead of trying for a miracle? anyone see anything backwards?

Quote:
problem is i play on slow and cant stand normal. i dont even wanna see what fast is.
but should it really matter? we should be able to play on any speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triathlete_201
i knw how you feel
there is nothing more satisfying then breaking the QB in half with ur LB

Quote:
you dont suck. it happens to everyone. you could try and press square or B to dive and get more sacks, or use my method (if you are up to playing on fast) in the post above
problem with diving is that they changed the animation this year last year you could dive at em from behind and you would see ur guy fly at the QB (while it didnt look right it worked) but this year as soon as you dive your guy falls to his knees doing the lords prayer (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hsFhZy9oxuk) and if the qb walks near you after throwing the ball you get roughing da QB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrant8RDFL
After reading so many post here. I know see why I do not experience what others are here.

I play on very fast speed. I feel all around the game plays fine pressure wise on the QB.

Now coverage wise is a whole other story, but im sure sliders can aid it.

I know if I felt sacks where a problem I would just set the pass blocking slider to 0 then work my way up till I felt it was good for ME.

This is a easy fixs.
once again im not trying to be a dick or start anything but are ppl ignorant or are u guys really not getting it? its is NOT about penetration and blocking i can get past the Oline just fine its wrapping up da qb and bringing him down without him throwing a wild pass or the ball popping out and landing 2 inches away from da QB. sliders CAN NOT fix this all they can do is make it easier to get past the OLine and as someone posted earlier the QB gets it off even if you line up offsides and get a clean shot on him

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmoyer2210
i agree 100% with G-Men_in_Mass. Sliders are important!! but i do also agree with the fact about the cpu getting hit and still getting off a pass. But that is easily described like this. . . It's a computer! it has no reaction time. it doesn't blink. it doesn't get nervous. It is a script that is ran on variables which are the sliders, time, field position. Tweaking the sliders can give you a better feel. but for the cpu having that 6th sense it will never fix that. at first i thought this madden was going to suck but after tweaking sliders this maybe the best yet. and online though sucks haha if it isn't glitchy it is ridiculous the setting it is on for your QB's accuracy. i played alot of gamebattles matches last year. and was looking forward to this year but until EA makes the first patch i'm not touching online again
once again with the sliders
ok everyone seems to think that they work so can someone tell me what slider i should mess with to stop the QB from getting da ball off everytime
remember i dont have a problem with penetration so dont say pass blocking or block shedding

also it happens way too much online where you have a QB wrapped up and bam he throws it straight down at the ground can i at least get a penalty for IG
in 5 games online against 5 different ppl i have seen 3 sacks total for all ten teams

Last edited by cheapargentina; 08-13-2010 at 05:58 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »