Home

Need Netgear router help,have no clue(Wireless -N300 Router WNR2000)

This is a discussion on Need Netgear router help,have no clue(Wireless -N300 Router WNR2000) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-12-2010, 01:25 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Need Netgear router help,have no clue(Wireless -N300 Router WNR2000)

I have my router installed and its working for my laptop. When I try play my ps3,the game eventually goes out.

The manual gives instructions on playing behind a firewall or router,but I have no clue how to do it.

I need some simple instructions on how to do it:

Quote:
This what the Madden book said to do:

TCP Ports: 80,443,5223,9980-9989,42100
UDP Ports: 3478, 3479,3658,3659,6000,9570

If you are having difficulty connecting to other players online ad your internet connection is behind a router,using NAT ,you may need to enable port forwarding on your router by forwarding all data ports UDP 3659 and UDP 6000 to the IP address of your PlayStation 3 network. Alternatively, you can add the IP address of your PlayStation 3 system into the DMZ section of your router-please consult your router help files for details on how to do this
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2010, 01:37 PM   #2
All Star

OVR: 13
Re: Need Netgear router help,have no clue(Wireless -N300 Router WNR2000)

I had similar problems with connecting to the multiplayer on "Red Dead Redemption", and it can be very frustrating. I also don't know that much about computer stuff - just the basics, really. But there are some good guides on the 'net to help you with this stuff (I'm an XBox guy, but the principles are the same for PS3).

Basically, you need to open more ports on your router that are committing bandwidth to your PS3. It helps to set your game console to have a static IP address (so that it doesn't randomly get assigned a new IP every time you turn your system or router on). There is a good tutorial for XBox360 here (although the principles it goes over are the same for any console; not really XBox-specific): http://www.se7ensins.com/forums/topi...-for-xbox-360/

After you set your IP to be the same every time, then it's a matter of going into your router's settings (whatever the firmware control panel is that comes default with NetGear routers) and opening up (or "forwarding") the listed ports to your PS3's IP address. I think there are many good discussions about this on google, but here's a good XBox review (again, the basics of the strategy aren't XBox-specific): http://www.360-hq.com/xbox-tutorials-18.html

Power-cycle everything, make sure your monkeying around hasn't inadvertently altered anything else (i.e. make sure your laptop can still connect and use the internet), and you should be good to hop online and start slant-patterning everyone to death...
Old 08-12-2010, 01:41 PM   #3
Rookie

committing bandwidth
static IP address
power-cycle everything
firmware control panel
Old 08-12-2010, 01:47 PM   #4
Pro

rooney8's Arena

OVR: 16

I recommend Afterdawn as a very helpful tech community. I believe though this is just a problem with netgear routers. You might have to buy a cheap linksys for perfect online gaming.

Old 08-12-2010, 02:05 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by rooney8
I recommend Afterdawn as a very helpful tech community. I believe though this is just a problem with netgear routers. You might have to buy a cheap linksys for perfect online gaming.
Ok.I think I have if now.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2010, 04:01 PM   #6
All Star

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by BONAFIDE
committing bandwidth
static IP address
power-cycle everything
firmware control panel
Yeah, I know...but I don't know how to make it any easier. Hope you can get it working...
Old 08-12-2010, 04:28 PM   #7
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

Maybe I am just the luckiest guy in the world, but I have never had a problem connecting wirelessly with any router I ever bought straight out of the box.

I don't port forward, I don't do static IP either.....But yet everything always run fine for me on the 1st try.
Old 08-12-2010, 09:48 PM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
Maybe I am just the luckiest guy in the world, but I have never had a problem connecting wirelessly with any router I ever bought straight out of the box.

I don't port forward, I don't do static IP either.....But yet everything always run fine for me on the 1st try.
Just the netgear,Ive heard

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »