Home

are new overtime rules not in the game?

This is a discussion on are new overtime rules not in the game? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-12-2010, 03:02 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 20
are new overtime rules not in the game?

In year 2 of my franchise playing as KC against Tennessee we go into overtime and at the beginning of overtime the announcer explains the new overtime rules. I am happy to hear that they are in cause I would like to win this game and tennessee won the toss. Well, tennessee drives down the field and then on 1st down kicks a field goal and I am thinking what the heck, why don't they go for the win atleast a little, but anyway they kick it and it gives them the win. So, why have the announcers explain the new OT rules if they are not in and why are they not in
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2010, 03:03 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 24
Re: are new overtime rules not in the game?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcarr
In year 2 of my franchise playing as KC against Tennessee we go into overtime and at the beginning of overtime the announcer explains the new overtime rules. I am happy to hear that they are in cause I would like to win this game and tennessee won the toss. Well, tennessee drives down the field and then on 1st down kicks a field goal and I am thinking what the heck, why don't they go for the win atleast a little, but anyway they kick it and it gives them the win. So, why have the announcers explain the new OT rules if they are not in and why are they not in
playoffs only, I believe.....
Old 08-12-2010, 03:55 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Segagendude
playoffs only, I believe.....
Yup, currently it only applies to the post-season.
Washington Capitals
Washington Nationals

R.I.P. #21
Old 08-12-2010, 03:59 PM   #4
SD/LA Chargers?

TheBrothers24's Arena

OVR: 17

Yeah they should only be in the playoffs but they talk about it during the regular season like they apply. Unless EA made it so the new overtime rules were all season long. I wouldn't know because i haven't made the playoffs yet and i won my first overtime game by returning an int for a touchdown.
Old 08-12-2010, 04:02 PM   #5
7 dirty words...

ryan36's Arena

OVR: 36

From what I hear, they're done properly...

This is probably a commentary coding error and should be in the bugs/glitches thread, so report it there.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »