Home

No Auto-Subs once in a game???

This is a discussion on No Auto-Subs once in a game??? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-12-2010, 03:25 PM   #1
Pro

Bballplaya72's Arena

OVR: 9
No Auto-Subs once in a game???

So since most teams run 2-back sets, I have my auto-subs set at 83 come out, 90 they come back in.

However I just played a game with the Titans and Chris Johnson seemed to always be on the sideline and Javon Ringer was in the game half the time. I tried to change auto-subs but couldn't find them.

There's no way that we can only change auto-subs in the main menu's and NOT in the actual game right?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2010, 03:58 PM   #2
Darkness!!!

DirtyJerz32's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: No Auto-Subs once in a game???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bballplaya72
So since most teams run 2-back sets, I have my auto-subs set at 83 come out, 90 they come back in.

However I just played a game with the Titans and Chris Johnson seemed to always be on the sideline and Javon Ringer was in the game half the time. I tried to change auto-subs but couldn't find them.

There's no way that we can only change auto-subs in the main menu's and NOT in the actual game right?
No there isn't.

I have mine set at 75 out 85 in. Plus I raised the fatigue to 60. I play with the Jets and I usually get 2 runs out of each before the other comes back in. I like it because, last night when I was playing. I had S.Greene get long runs but, both runs had holding calls. LT came in for 3 plays and then sub Greene back in. It's a nice mix up. Everyone once in a while J.McKnight will come in but, it's only for 1 play before Greene or LT come back in.

Twitch: DirtyJerz32

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluengold34_OS
No longer shall you be referred to as DirtyJerz32, but simply BOSS -
Old 08-12-2010, 04:24 PM   #3
Pro

Bballplaya72's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyJerz32
No there isn't.

I have mine set at 75 out 85 in. Plus I raised the fatigue to 60. I play with the Jets and I usually get 2 runs out of each before the other comes back in. I like it because, last night when I was playing. I had S.Greene get long runs but, both runs had holding calls. LT came in for 3 plays and then sub Greene back in. It's a nice mix up. Everyone once in a while J.McKnight will come in but, it's only for 1 play before Greene or LT come back in.
If you don't get long runs though, will your back get tired? 83/90 works well for Dallas as they split their carries damn near 50/50 with Barber and Felix, and then Tashard Choice gets sprinkled in.

I can always just do the formation subs with the "HB Spell" and what not, but it looks like I'll have to change auto-subs if I'm going to be playing with a one-back team. Lame.
Old 08-12-2010, 04:26 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 3

The biggest problem with this is that guys will disappear. I was playing the Vikings and Peterson did not appear in the 2nd half and was not injured.
Old 08-12-2010, 04:29 PM   #5
Pro

do the auto subs work for the cpu too?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2010, 04:31 PM   #6
Darkness!!!

DirtyJerz32's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bballplaya72
If you don't get long runs though, will your back get tired?
Yes they do. If I have 3 straight 5 or 6 yd runs with Greene he'll get subbed out for LT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jf28
The biggest problem with this is that guys will disappear. I was playing the Vikings and Peterson did not appear in the 2nd half and was not injured.
I have yet to see this at all. Not sure what you are doing or what you have your settings at. But, I played about 10/15 games and I my guys always re-enter the game after being tired.

Twitch: DirtyJerz32

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluengold34_OS
No longer shall you be referred to as DirtyJerz32, but simply BOSS -

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »