Home

Press Coverage WTF!?!?

This is a discussion on Press Coverage WTF!?!? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-12-2010, 08:38 PM   #9
Rookie

PaPZ187's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Press Coverage WTF!?!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palo20
Last year Press Coverage was way too overpowered, so I'm glad guys can get burned.

But, I'd like to see Press Coverage be less "Win vs. No Win." In other words, a "win" for the CB shouldn't be holding the guy at the line for 5 seconds and a "win" for the WR shouldn't be just blowing by the CB.

It should be:

Win for WR = getting off the line, getting into his route

Win for CB = altering the route a bit, not making the WR look like he's run blocking
+1 Agree with everything you said. Hopefully they can patch this up, but I doubt it.

I wont Press at all, unless Im playing ZONE with help over the top. Sucks because the Jets always Press with Man across and are sucessful 80 to 90% of the time, where as in the game it is more like 20-30% of the time.
Old 08-12-2010, 08:41 PM   #10
Rookie

Don't worry. Revis won't be playing this year anyway.

who dat
Old 08-12-2010, 08:54 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palo20
Last year Press Coverage was way too overpowered, so I'm glad guys can get burned.

But, I'd like to see Press Coverage be less "Win vs. No Win." In other words, a "win" for the CB shouldn't be holding the guy at the line for 5 seconds and a "win" for the WR shouldn't be just blowing by the CB.

It should be:

Win for WR = getting off the line, getting into his route

Win for CB = altering the route a bit, not making the WR look like he's run blocking
But as we all know, EA only deals in extremes. Either rookies come in rated almost in the 90's one year, or barely in the 80's in the other. Pass defense is either overpowered or pathetic. So it's no surprise that it's either win or no win, just like in the running game this year it seems you either get stopped behind the line (happens much more than in real life) or you have a huge gain (also happens much more than in real life).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2010, 08:58 PM   #12
Pro

CAG CheechDogg's Arena

OVR: 10

The success of press coverage is also going to depend on what level you play on. Remember in the intro, playing on All Madden is going to be almost impossible to stop your opponent. All Madden as well all know by know is not how real life players play and I honestly believe neither difficulty level is for that matter.

Adjust the pass defense sliders until you get the correct press coverage. I can press wrs with the right corners and not allow them to get beat off the line. It all depends on your playing style and the play you call as well.

Gamertag: CAG CheechDogg
Old 08-12-2010, 09:05 PM   #13
Rookie

will12203's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shloopo

who dat

lmfao quote of the day

great Buffalo Bills talk
http://boards.buffalobills.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4

the official Madden 12 messageboard
http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/forums/show/396.page

the official EA Sports World Video Site
http://www.easportsworld.com/en_US/profile

gamertag: will12203
Old 08-12-2010, 09:18 PM   #14
Rookie

PaPZ187's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shloopo

who dat
The Top WRs better hope he isnt playing this year, just ask Estaban Ocho.

Quote:
Originally Posted by will12203
lmfao quote of the day
Revis got a better chance of playing this year than the Bills have of still being in Buffalo two years from now

Last edited by PaPZ187; 08-12-2010 at 09:24 PM.
Old 08-12-2010, 09:23 PM   #15
Rookie

PaPZ187's Arena

WOW just got beat one on one by Wallace again against Revis, this time without Press Coverage in man to man. Had him by 4 yards in less than 3 seconds.

The defense is horrible in this game, the Jets have the best defense, Revis is the best corner, and still cant stop them when I need to. I dont play the game 24/7 but I am above average, this is a joke.

Anyone have any good sliders they wanna share to make the game more realistic? Im still working on mine.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2010, 10:15 PM   #16
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53

I use press coverage all the time. My team does a good job at press coverage to be honest.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »