Home

Hows your franchise playing?

This is a discussion on Hows your franchise playing? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-21-2010, 11:01 AM   #137
Banned

OVR: 9
Re: Hows your franchise playing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClassActFan
Haha, very true.

In your first season, how many times did Bradford get hit after you threw a pass? Every time I line up to pass, he gets knocked around like a ping pong ball! After the last few seasons' quarterback hits the Rams have endured, I'd like to dub this "being Marc Bulgered"

Jeez must've gotten hit 20x a game. It did take a toll and he dislocated his ankle (missing 4 weeks) but he still threw for 4,500 yards.
He is so deadly its unbelievable. He does have his games though, throwing 3 INT, but usually I manage just 1 a game.

Anyway, playing @Bucs (2-11) scored 3 TD's, :45 left in the 1st quarter, in 30 seconds I got a pick 6, forced a fumble on the kickoff which I returned, and got another pick 6 first play of the next drive. Led 35-3 after the 1st quarter. Just super-simmed and won 55-27. By far the highest scoring game I've had all season. I dont plan on restarting the game (I want to move onto the playoffs, and besides another loss wont hurt their cause).

Last edited by redsoxallday; 08-21-2010 at 02:25 PM.
Old 08-21-2010, 11:09 AM   #138
Rookie

TheArsenologist's Arena

OVR: 6

6-0 with the Lions using Mike32Ownz Slow sliders. I would be upset about being 6-0 with a team that is obviously not good, but I could easily be 2-4 right now if it weren't for me pulling out some incredibly tight games.

Week 1: Blew out the Bears. I checked in the middle of the game to see if my sliders were where they were supposed to be. Just one of those good games I guess.

Week 2: Det 31, Philly 17. I led this game 10-3 in the 4th and Philly was driving to tie, then Suh sacked Kolb, forced a fumble, and Delmas brought it back 90 yards. I then forced a fumble on the ensuing kick and returned that (This happens WAY too much IMO).

Week 3: Detroit 35, Minnesota 28. Stopped the Vikings on 4th down on my 22 with under a minute left.

Week 4: Detroit 28, Green Bay 24: Led 21-7, then gave up 17 unanswered, then engineered a game winning drive that scored with 1:20 left. Pack drove down, Rodgers hit Driver in the end zone, but was called back for holding. Stopped them on 4th with under 30 seconds left. Best game of Madden '11 I've played so far.

Week 5: Detroit 47, St. Louis 35: Comfortable game, but too high scoring for my liking.

Weel 6: Detroit 27, New York Giants 20: Stafford was just awful. (4 for 17 at one point). 2 of my TD drives were less than 30 yards after turnovers. Tied at 20 with under 2 minutes left, I hit Nate Burleson on a slant after the Giants blitzed and he cruised to a 70 yard TD. Really wish I had a replay of it but the damn PS3 version cuts off replays. Should have picked it up for 360. Oh well.

Enjoyable so far, some bugs / annoyances of course, but I like the fact that I've earned my 6-0 start and have had some very competitive games. Kind of hoping for a loss soon, though.
Old 08-21-2010, 11:19 AM   #139
Rookie

ClassActFan's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsoxallday

Jeez must've gotten hit 20x a game. It did take a toll and he dislocated his ankle (missing 4 weeks) but he still threw for 4,500 yards.
He is so deadly its unbelievable. He does have his games though, throwing 3 INT, but usually I manage just 1 a game.
Heh! After I lost to Arizona in the first game, with [/i]Matt Leinart[/i] looking like Kurt Warner V2, I was like, "OK, here we go! 3-13 here I come!" Then I ripped off eleven straight before Drew Brees whipped me all to pieces, forcing me to air it out against New Orleans, garnering over 500+ yards of total offense!

For some reason Bradford is an iron man for me -- no injuries YET (knock on wood). Donnie Avery gets hurt every single game (yes, I chuckled at the fact that he's out for the season your franchise, because that's the way he's built up on the game, I guess)! Another thing that made me shake my head at the unbelievable similarities is that, a few games ago Laurent Robinson was knocked out for nine weeks (can't remember the reason, as I don't have the game in at the moment).

I've successfully completed a few bombs to Gilyard and Robinson, but Slingin' Sammy Bradford has also overthrown receivers, too, much to my disgruntled chagrin.

Against San Francisco I scrambled out of the pocket and took off in the middle of the field. Out of nowhere Patrick Willis came from the side and practically knocked the 'Brad' off of the 'Bradford' from Sam's jersey, forcing a fumble. I was cussing, because I just knew SB was injured, but the SOB got right back up, forcing me to get on my computer, load up iTunes and play the song "Tubthumping" by Chumbawamba.
Old 08-21-2010, 01:19 PM   #140
Rookie

Started a Falcons Franchise using DB's Slow settings.

Aquired Westbrook in FA as 3DRB and Kick Return.
Aquired Ogunleye in FA as DE to help pass rush.

Week 1 - Lost 17 - 23 @ Steelers

Depsite getting 5 turnovers on Def, Matt Ryan had one of those days and could just not score against stubborn steelers D.

Week 2 - Won 15 - 44 against Cardinals.

The Burner Turner with 166yrs and 3TD. Ryan much better. The defense were just everywhere.

Week 3 - Lost 10 - 45 @ Saints.

Brees sick, bush sick. what can i say - what happened to the D the previous week

Week 4 - Won 31 - 41 against 49ers.

Oh mr Turner, how are you so good. 226yrds on 30 carries. Eveb Mr Westbrook chipped in with a TD as well. Matt Ryan average in 1st half then took the game to 49ers in the second half. Key momment, thunderous sack(and i really mean thuderous) from Nicholas when it was 31-31 led to a fumble on their 25yrd line led to basically game winning TD.

How typical Falcons, rollercoaster team, thank god i've got the browns next. can i win 2 games in a row

Last edited by Roncatto; 08-21-2010 at 01:45 PM.
Old 08-21-2010, 01:36 PM   #141
Rookie

[quote=Franchise408;2041498992]49ers shine bright in international spotlight

(The 49ers played a home game away from home, "hosting" the hapless Denver Broncos in London Stadium).

Wembley son, the stadium is called Wembley.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2010, 01:50 PM   #142
Rookie

OVR: 2

Started a franchise with Miami. I played a bunch of exibition games hoping to get a good slider set which I thought I had, but once I started the regular season rushing is too easy. I have tweeked a bit to get more of a realistic running experience. I was easily getting 8-9 yards a carry out of the wildcat against one of the best, if not the best rush defenses in the NFL Minnesota.

Games are close, which is my main concern. Brown is averaging around 6 yards per carry and Williams around 4-5. but Henne has a 70 something passer rating (this is most likely me throwing into coverages that I should not be). That and being a RB in college I always lean towards running the ball anyway.

Started 2-1 beating Buffalo and Minnesota and losing to the Jets. Revis and Cromartie were impossible to pass against. I had one pass for 60 yards and that was on a tipped ball very lucky.

I am about 75% satisfied with the way the game plays. Definitely not going to play more than one season with the Dolphins.

The Great Walter Payton-
“I want to be remembered as the guy who gave his all whenever he was on the field.”

Patrick Kane is forever a hero for finally bring the cup back to Chicago!!!
Old 08-21-2010, 02:22 PM   #143
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClassActFan
Heh! After I lost to Arizona in the first game, with [/i]Matt Leinart[/i] looking like Kurt Warner V2, I was like, "OK, here we go! 3-13 here I come!" Then I ripped off eleven straight before Drew Brees whipped me all to pieces, forcing me to air it out against New Orleans, garnering over 500+ yards of total offense!

For some reason Bradford is an iron man for me -- no injuries YET (knock on wood). Donnie Avery gets hurt every single game (yes, I chuckled at the fact that he's out for the season your franchise, because that's the way he's built up on the game, I guess)! Another thing that made me shake my head at the unbelievable similarities is that, a few games ago Laurent Robinson was knocked out for nine weeks (can't remember the reason, as I don't have the game in at the moment).

I've successfully completed a few bombs to Gilyard and Robinson, but Slingin' Sammy Bradford has also overthrown receivers, too, much to my disgruntled chagrin.

Against San Francisco I scrambled out of the pocket and took off in the middle of the field. Out of nowhere Patrick Willis came from the side and practically knocked the 'Brad' off of the 'Bradford' from Sam's jersey, forcing a fumble. I was cussing, because I just knew SB was injured, but the SOB got right back up, forcing me to get on my computer, load up iTunes and play the song "Tubthumping" by Chumbawamba.
Gilyard is a champ in this game. Absolute champ. I dont like to scramble out of the pocket with Sam because I dont want to start Kevin Null. Yes, I cut AJ Feeley (can you believe they want that bum to tutor Sammy. God they want him to be a career back-up!!??

But I finished 11-5. Losing wk17 to the Cinn. that was a tough loss. 10-10 until the Bengals would out score me 17-7 the last 25 minutes. Benson would step all over my D, breaking AP's Rush Yards in a Game record w/ 306 yards rushing on 28 attempts, 2 TD. They shut down my ground game all 4 quarters.
Up next: Giants (8-8) @ Rams (11-5) Divisonal Playoffs
Old 08-21-2010, 03:41 PM   #144
Banned

Lost 44-16 in the Divisional Playoffs. I only played the 1st half, in which I was losing 41-0. Eli completed everything for 10+ yards, and I went 3 and out on almost every drive. I was disgusted. Sammy B ended up throwing 7 picks (for the record I only threw 2 of them).

The Colts made it to the Super Bowl for the 3rd straight year. Colts vs Giants; Peyton vs Eli; Brother vs Brother. May the best man win.

Colts 7 14 0 7 28
Giants 7 7 7 0 21

Colts get first Super Bowl win since 2006, after 2 straight upsets to the Saints.

......Off-Season......

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »