Home

madden 11 uniforms?

This is a discussion on madden 11 uniforms? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-28-2010, 09:06 PM   #49
MVP

colkilla's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: madden 11 uniforms?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayManHCP42
Kane, your work is appreciated. Seeing as you're a Cowboy buff, are you aware of this rumored "tweaking" of the "silverish-green" pants coming soon? Want to get your thoughts on that.

Also, can someone explain exactly what's wrong with the Redskins' socks? I haven't noticed.
when you are selecting their socks, the name of the socks changes but the socks do not. if you have it on "red and white" and change it to "default white" they stay with the red and white. basically they have like 6 differently named types of socks and only 2 types show up. it is minor i know, but the ones they have worn forever (default white) and are wearing a lot this year not showing up kinda sucks...
Old 08-29-2010, 12:07 AM   #50
EA Sports' Equipment Guru

KANE699's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Kane, your work is appreciated. Seeing as you're a Cowboy buff, are you aware of this rumored "tweaking" of the "silverish-green" pants coming soon? Want to get your thoughts on that.

Also, can someone explain exactly what's wrong with the Redskins' socks? I haven't noticed.
Tweaking in real life or tweaking in game?

Follow me on twitter @Equipment_Guru
Old 08-29-2010, 05:20 AM   #51
Banned

OVR: 2
Real life. Apparently Jerry has finally realized that with the advent of HDTV the pants actually look more green than silver on the home whites. I'm only guessing here, but my thinking is they're going to end up either using the same silver pants as the road blues or go with an update on the pants from the 70's that had a blue tinge to them.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2010, 07:18 AM   #52
MVP

sarlndr's Arena

OVR: 6

The silver on the helmet and the pants were never close to matching. Same with the blue numbers and the blue helmet and pants stripe. I guess over the years I've just gotten used to it. Even though I can't stand the "Boys" it's still a classic uniform.
Old 08-29-2010, 04:42 PM   #53
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by KANE699
That jersey actually has small numbers.

You should take a closer look:

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_OVnps8UzGd...throwbacks.jpg
Old 08-29-2010, 06:53 PM   #54
Banned

OVR: 7

Kane, I agree with these guys about the jersey numbers on most of the teams being way too small. Maybe something happened when the art dept. changed the name fonts, but whatever it was please tell me EA does see this graphical mistake. I mean, besides the gameplay issues, the jerseys look so bad I just play NCAA11. If you have knowledge that they might fix this I would be stoked to here it. Thanks.

What makes it so bad is this was not a problem in the past, except for some of the shoulder numbers.
Old 08-30-2010, 03:31 PM   #55
Banned

OVR: 2
Yeah I'm hoping this finally means we're going to make our uniforms look, well, uniform. I could go with either version of the blue, but it needs to be the same home or away.

I'd love for them to bring back the old royal blue tops Staubach and co. wore.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2010, 09:38 PM   #56
EA Sports' Equipment Guru

KANE699's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Real life. Apparently Jerry has finally realized that with the advent of HDTV the pants actually look more green than silver on the home whites. I'm only guessing here, but my thinking is they're going to end up either using the same silver pants as the road blues or go with an update on the pants from the 70's that had a blue tinge to them.

News to me. It seems like the lighting changes the color of the pants in all situations.

The small number situation is random, it only also appears to be the front of the jersey and not the back.

Who knows, I know the bears throwback is definitely smaller numbers if you look at them closely.

Follow me on twitter @Equipment_Guru

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »