Home

Anybody successfully juggle both games?

This is a discussion on Anybody successfully juggle both games? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-15-2010, 10:48 PM   #9
Cupcake Coach

R1zzo23's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Anybody successfully juggle both games?

I have had both NCAA and Madden for the past 4 years and have NEVER been able to play both of them simultaneously. To be honest, last year was the only time on "next gen" systems where I played multiple seasons on Maddenan and it was only for online franchise.

2007 - played 7 seasons of NCAA 08, all of them at MTSU. Attempted to play Madden 08, but could not get in to it.

2008 - played 5 seasons between two online dynasties for NCAA 09, but once again could not get in to Madden.

2009 - played Madden 10 for 3 seasons on an online franchise, but dropped out and never played it again. I then went on to play 3+ seasons with Illinois in NCAA 10.

2010 - Almost done with my 1st season at Kentucky in NCAA 11 and planning to start a franchise in Madden 11. I know the imported draft classes are wacky, but just seeing the college kids I played with and against in the pro game is something I really want to do this year. I'm thinking I can play a seasof NCAA, then a season of Madden and keep flipping back and forth.
Old 08-15-2010, 11:09 PM   #10
MVP

mavfan21's Arena

OVR: 12

I am a strictly offline dynasty/franchise player. I wanted to play NCAA longer but the Dynasty bugs (especially the WR recruits lack of elusiveness/juke) are hard to get past.

Madden's franchsie mode is just more polished and fun for me, plus it's MUCH LESS TIME-CONSUMING. I am a married father of two toddlers and I hate wasting HOURS recruiting through monotonous phone calls...button mashing at it's finest. I liek the options the pro game offers (FA's, the Draft!, keeping players longer than 4 years, etc.). The Madden draft classes far outclass (pun intended) the NCAA recruits and imported classes in balance and realism.

NCAA is a great game but it falls short of Madden for me. I'll put NCAA in the tray again someday soon (sooner if they patch a lot) but Madden will always be king.
Old 08-15-2010, 11:22 PM   #11
MVP

OVR: 16

Well, you could try and play the games every other day or every other week. You should at least see which game you like better. Doesn't make sense to spend your time with NCAA, because who knows, if you would have played Madden, you might have liked it better. Maybe your brother will like one and you like the other better, and then you will both be happy!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2010, 11:26 PM   #12
MVP

Tweeg's Arena

OVR: 12

I feel you man. NCAA is tons of fun, and I waited to get Madden for as long as I could (2 days). Like another said, it's not that I needed Madden, but I needed the NFL.

Now I am confused because I have played a few games of Madden with some good sliders and it feels good. I still like NCAA though and coming up on the end of my second season at Maryland, it is cool to see my team transforming.
Old 08-15-2010, 11:28 PM   #13

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

I think I will struggle this year more than ever.

I really enjoy both games and don't see that waning...
Old 08-15-2010, 11:40 PM   #14
All Star

Aggies7's Arena

OVR: 39

I kinda wish there was a way to link the two games together so you could just do your Madden franchise and NCAA dynasty all together so you can go week by week without changing out disks. Would be cool but yea I am having trouble juggling the two games.

Colorado Avalanche
Colorado Rockies
Old 08-15-2010, 11:42 PM   #15
MVP

RGiles36's Arena

OVR: 34

FWIW....

I bought NCAA for the first time ever this year. I thought the videogame itself could transform me into more of a college football fan. But after I got Madden and even though the games play similar, I can't go back to NCAA.

Coincidently, I traded in NCAA tonight. It's a good game, but my house is only big enough for one football game a yr. I started to use the draft classes but I heard mentioned on here that they were a bit fluky.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2010, 12:57 AM   #16
Rookie

Blaksentinel's Arena

OVR: 0

I love NCAA11. I alternate both on different days but I prefer NCAA over Madden.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »