Home

Anybody successfully juggle both games?

This is a discussion on Anybody successfully juggle both games? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-16-2010, 01:06 AM   #17
All Star

inkcil's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: Anybody successfully juggle both games?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonsco28
It's become a ritual...kind of a rite of passage into fall and football season. My brother and I get NCAA and enjoy the heck out of it. Madden comes out, and we get that as well. College dies at this point, and Madden follows suit because I have felt it is stale and not as fun to play. Madden has wrecked our football video gaming year after year.

Is this year different? I really like NCAA this year because the online dynasty is great. My brother and I have had several arguments over whether or not to get Madden. Him...why ruin a good thing? Me...Madden is out and I have to have it (even though I know what might happen).

This year is the first year that I haven't bought Madden on day 1. I stood firm...felt pretty good about it too. However, I broke down last night and I bought it. It's still in the wrapper. This isn't about money. I'm not a kid, and I am picky about what I spend my gaming time on.

Does anybody understand this dilema? Does anybody play both and have success? I've never been able to do that because usually Madden is more refined in animations and graphics and I just couldn't go back to NCAA, but it seems this year may be different.
Man, I know what u mean.

In 09 I bought both but dropped NCAA after Madden came out. That was the last and only time I bought both.

This year I like both games and know it only makes sense for me to keep 1 but I can't decide. Where one game lacks, the other game excels and vice-versa. I think EA set it up this way so that people who give the games a fair chance are compelled to buy both.

I'm trying to decide which game is more immersive...

Now Playing:

XB1 (Forza Motorsport 6 and Horizon 2)
Switch (Mario Kart and Zelda)
PS3 (old 2k games and the Show)
Old 08-16-2010, 01:07 AM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 7

Never have played both together, but I always wanted to. Too bad by the time NCAA fixes all of its bugs, I'm already in full swing on Madden and pumped up to play NFL because of TC/Preseason starting around this time. I pretty much lose interest in NCAA after that.

It looks to be the same thing this year, I would have loved to dig into Dynasty mode and get into it enough to come back to it after Madden, but due to all the bugs NCAA hasn't peaked my interest enough. I might actually play it again though after another patch or tuning update since Madden has it's own set of problems that are bugging me right now.
CFB: USC Trojans

Last edited by CBizzle; 08-16-2010 at 01:10 AM.
Old 08-16-2010, 11:06 AM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 10

Once Madden comes out I usually don't pick up NCAA again until about June when I start to get excited for the July release. I usually get a season or two of my NCAA dynasty before I play my Madden frachise.
Old 08-16-2010, 11:45 AM   #20
Rookie

hitmanwa's Arena

OVR: 5

I broke down and got Madden this past weekend. I like it and enjoyed playing but went back to NCAA last night. I'll play both, NCAA more though. It (NCAA) just feels like a more polished/complete game to me.
Old 08-16-2010, 11:50 AM   #21
Pro

OVR: 15

I'm a Madden guy myself so what I do is start a franchise with my favorite team on Ncaa and simulate the season so I can have the draft classes on Madden.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2010, 12:01 PM   #22
Hail To The Redskins!

cjallure24's Arena

OVR: 18

I wanted to wait for NCAA 11 to be on the used shelf of gamestop because I knew it was going to need patches, same goes for madden 11. But I broke down and copped madden. I check Gamestop every now and then for a used copy of NCAA 11, but no luck yet. I want to get it before my wife has our first child which could be any day now (she is 38 weeks pregnant)....so it looks like all my game time will be gone. But I will be picking up NCAA 11 very soon. I'll probably play that more since the final NFL rosters won't be ready for a while, and I usually don't start my Redskins Franchise til those are released.
Old 08-16-2010, 12:11 PM   #23
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39

Back in the day (last gen) when both games where really good I use to alternate seasons between NCAA and Madden. Basically, I'd complete a season of NCAA then a season of Madden rinse and repeat. This gen I've always given in to the Madden Monster and given up on NCAA once Madden dropped.

This year so far has been the exception. NCAA is such a great game, near perfect, IMO. I bought Madden on day one, played it once and then put NCAA back in. Now, I'm not saying that Madden is a bad game or anything. I just don't feel like looking for and tweaking sliders when the sliders that I use for NCAA work wonderfully for me.

My current plan is to finish one more season of NCAA (that would make 3 complete seasons). A season for me usually take about 2-3 weeks to complete. Once I finish my current season we will be closer to the actual NFL seasons therefore roster's should be a little more accurate. So that seems like the perfect time to start Madden then. My plan is to then catch up by playing 3 season's of M11. Once I complete those season I will start alternating seasons just like I did in the "good old days".

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans
Old 08-16-2010, 12:18 PM   #24
*ld sch**l.

lgkeeper's Arena

OVR: 10

I played 2 full seasons with NCAA (Colorado dynasty) before breaking down and getting Madden. I started up a Packers franchise (got sick of always playing w/ the Steelers) and played 3 games - loved it! So, I'm going to try and quick-like catch up with my Madden 'chise and play them simultaneously from there out.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »