Home

Gameflow + Gameplanning = Top experiance

This is a discussion on Gameflow + Gameplanning = Top experiance within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-14-2010, 03:50 PM   #9
Banned

OVR: 18
Re: Gameflow + Gameplanning = Top experiance

Yep....Love the Show (still play 2009) but the GM AI is a total trainwreck.

I just play a full season with that game (still doing that as I play all 162 games and I have a life so it takes 2 years to finish the game for me so by the time I get 2010 it will be 20 bucks).

NHL Franchise rocks.

Madden needs to crank up the presentation (they are getting there).

Anyway back to the point of the thread. With the right slider set the game is a blast. Yes it has hiccups...I am seeing them more and more as I play....but the sliders help alleviae a lot of the defensive short comings.

Game planning is a total blast on offense...it is about getting the simulated experience of having the plays called in to your headset and executing them like a real NFL QB is expected to. Most of it has been pretty dam good. I do use the full playbook as well when I have some key moments. But I have also let the OC call in some and so far most of the time they are following my star rankings.

It is a lot of fun and has a ton of potential moving forward. Plus it does pick up the pace of the game and gives me more time to make pre-snap reads.

I am a hardcore Madden pioneer. I have stuck by the franchise since it's inception on the consoles.

Is it the best Madden ever? I don't know yet...but it is close. I need another 3-4 months to make that determination. I can say this is the most fun I have with the game since 2005.

Put some work into it.....you may find it fun....does anyone remember fun?

It's a video game.
Old 08-14-2010, 04:10 PM   #10
Banned

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by adembroski
I agree with you regarding Superstar Mode. I'm a Road to the Show addict, and NHL's Be a Pro is a blast. I don't think there's a mode in any sports game I like more than RttS, and Be a Pro is only hindered by factors the devs can't control (the sheer number of hours needed to complete a career). I'm really disappointed that Madden's is so terrible because it seems to me that Be a Pro and American football would be a perfect marriage.

That said, I disagree on franchise mode completely.

MLB The Show's franchise mode is broken in half a dozen ways and most of the "features" are useless busywork that doesn't really do anything at all (or at least, the effect is minimal). That which is implemented well enough to mean something is not explained or presented well enough to be intuitive. Stat Gen is off, and CPU roster management is FUBAR.

Madden's franchise mode is shallow and dull, but at least it works. Stat gen is solid, CPU logic is ok... none of it is phenomenal by any stretch of the imagination, but it's solid and it works. That's more than I can say for virtually any other franchise mode in sports gaming, all of which are full of broken sim engines, bad roster management AI, terrible trade logic, pointless clutter, and dull presentation.
What? are u for real? broken in a half dozen ways? maddens is broken and doesnt offer 5 % of what the shpw does. You realise the show offers 30 team controls to STOP any Ai weird trades, decisions right? But yet u can still let the CPU do its thing? That alone kills your point.

Explain hows its broken? No game ever created is totally realistic when it comes to Gm decisions, but the SHOW blows away madden. how can you even comare the Simplistic kids franchise mode in madden to the DEEP sim engine of the SHOW? Only a blind madden fanboy even would try, its laughable at best. with the exception of a few weird trades, WHICH YOU CAN STOP, the sim engine in the show is outstanding, in fact, its close to some of the BEST text based sims, OS sports has a good article on it.

Sorry, but your post is a load os BS. maddens franchise mode is a joke were the CPU doesnt even trade, progression is moronic, its so simplistic my 5 year old would have zero issues even using it.

Stat gen is solid? The shows makes maddens look foolish, the tackle stats alone in madden are ********. How over the 20 RB's with over 6 yards per carry? Again, OS has a article on how accurate the shows sim engine is when it comes to stats. The Show is really the pinnacle of SIM SPORTS right now, to compare maddens arcade simplistic empty mode is an insult to sim gamers everywhere.

lets not get into gameplay, as The Shows gameplay makes madden look like it was designed by a small independant dev on a low budget.

Last edited by raiderwerewolf; 08-14-2010 at 04:14 PM.
Old 08-14-2010, 05:18 PM   #11
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by raiderwerewolf
What? are u for real? broken in a half dozen ways? maddens is broken and doesnt offer 5 % of what the shpw does. You realise the show offers 30 team controls to STOP any Ai weird trades, decisions right? But yet u can still let the CPU do its thing? That alone kills your point.
Ok, so in order to have realistic trades, I have to personally monitor every move the CPU makes? Well, if that's your argument, Madden has had "32 team control" since 1998, so "that alone kills your point".

Quote:
Explain hows its broken? No game ever created is totally realistic when it comes to Gm decisions, but the SHOW blows away madden. how can you even comare the Simplistic kids franchise mode in madden to the DEEP sim engine of the SHOW? Only a blind madden fanboy even would try, its laughable at best. with the exception of a few weird trades, WHICH YOU CAN STOP, the sim engine in the show is outstanding, in fact, its close to some of the BEST text based sims, OS sports has a good article on it.
Umm... no... its' friggin' terrible. Goddamn terrible. By year 3, the league is virtually unrecognizable. Every... every elite player has left their original team (leaving out the yankees, of course). I have never seen Minnesota resign Mauer. Not once. St. Louis never resigns Pujols.

Quote:
Sorry, but your post is a load os BS. maddens franchise mode is a joke were the CPU doesnt even trade, progression is moronic, its so simplistic my 5 year old would have zero issues even using it.
That's true, but what out of the dozens and dozens of nice options in The Show's FM actually DO anything. I've ignored them for years on end with no effect, and tried to manipulate them constantly and has no benefit. They're useless busywork that do NOTHING. What good is an option that does nothing?

Quote:
Stat gen is solid? The shows makes maddens look foolish, the tackle stats alone in madden are ********. How over the 20 RB's with over 6 yards per carry? Again, OS has a article on how accurate the shows sim engine is when it comes to stats. The Show is really the pinnacle of SIM SPORTS right now, to compare maddens arcade simplistic empty mode is an insult to sim gamers everywhere.
Just simmed a season. Top 5 rushers in Madden.
A. Peterson 1,714 yards, 13 TDs, 4.5 ypc
M.Turner 1616 yards, 12 Tds, 4.5 ypc
S.Jackson 1560 yards, 13 Tds, 5.2 ypc
F.Jackson 1305 yds, 12 tds, 4.2 ypc
F.Gore 1295 yds, 5 tds, 4.4 ypc

Where's this "over six yards per carry" crap? Not a single qualfying HB has that many. Chris Johnson has 5.6 on 172 carries, Clinton Portis 5.2 on 86 carries, and Steven Jackson with 5.2 on 297 carries.

In the NFL last year, Chris Johnson, Ray Rice, Jonathan Stewart, DeAngelo Williams, and Pierre Thomas all average over 5 yards per carry.

The only problem with tackles is that they don't total the tackles and assists. The leading tacklers in this season are Tatupu with 127 and Lance Briggs with 121... add in their assists, and you get 158 and 172, respectively... very realistic numbers.

The only real problem in stats this year is sacks by ROLBs.

Don't bring up old data to support your dated argument, you just look like a fool who can't accept reality because you're blinded by hate.

Quote:
lets not get into gameplay, as The Shows gameplay makes madden look like it was designed by a small independant dev on a low budget.
I didn't say anything about gameplay, but I will say this; I could design a baseball games gameplay and make it realistic. Baseball is a game of muscle memory and conditioned reactions, and thus it's a game that can be reproduced accurately with good math. Football is a game of emotional intensity and team interaction. It is immeasurably tougher to recreate than baseball.

I'm not denigrating The Show's gameplay... I love that game, it is my single favorite sports game by a wide margin. But much like 2k5, people glorify it far beyond what it deserves.

The first kind is wrong. The second is superfluous.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2010, 05:27 PM   #12
Rookie

Deelron's Arena

OVR: 6

I think my Gameflow problem is that it's pretty bad out of the box (but as I've experienced with my non-Madden ever buddy recently, a very nice thing for new players) particularly on defense (where it's calling 4-3 defenses while the other team has 4 wide and Collinsworth even comments how bad the play call is) and Gameplanning is something that only a really experienced player is good at, or would ever take the time to actually do. It needs to be tuned better out of the box (notably more on defense) otherwise it's merely a timesaving tool for experienced players and not really better then Ask Madden for new folks.

Additionally it seems no matter how I rate plays sometimes I get the same play 3-4 times in a row no matter how I rate them, and that's fairly frustrating, particularly when it doesn't make a lot of sense (on offense).
Old 08-14-2010, 06:02 PM   #13
Nev
Rookie

Nev's Arena

OVR: 3

I like Game Flow in franchise mode except when on D. Game Plan is what makes it good but it isn't very user friendly when creating it.

When you want a shotgun play you have to cycle through every single play in the 'Gun' formation until you find that play. If your using a PB like the Pats then its gonna take forever. I got to 2nd & Short before packing it in. lol

It would be a whole lot simpler to just spit the formations into sets.
Old 08-14-2010, 06:09 PM   #14
MVP

OVR: 34

gameplanning + gameflow is terrific
Old 08-14-2010, 06:13 PM   #15
MVP

speedkills's Arena

OVR: 8

Road to the Show has been my favorite sports gaming experience thus far and I HATE baseball. Let me re-emphasize that I hate baseball. If baseball were to be a brand new sport today it would be looked at like soccer (in the U.S.) but I digress.

I'm digging gameflow but I'm going to have to delve into gameplanning because the coordinator is calling way too many passing plays out of the shotgun for most teams.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2010, 06:54 PM   #16
Rookie

NFLfan80's Arena

OVR: 2

I love this feature and hope Madden Keeps it from now on. It makes the game go faster and it feels like an actual NFL playcalling system. I love it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »