Home

Gameflow + Gameplanning = Top experiance

This is a discussion on Gameflow + Gameplanning = Top experiance within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-14-2010, 07:13 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: Gameflow + Gameplanning = Top experiance

I'm beginning to really like gameflow and gameplan, particularly on offense. On defense, well I have a problem such that I give up tons of yards but no points. Gameflow helps with this.

But seriously, is there a way to prevent base defenses being called vs. 3+ wr sets? I checked and I only see nickel and higher defenses vs. 3+ wrs in the gameplan (Dallas).
Old 08-14-2010, 08:54 PM   #18
Banned

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by adembroski
Ok, so in order to have realistic trades, I have to personally monitor every move the CPU makes? Well, if that's your argument, Madden has had "32 team control" since 1998, so "that alone kills your point".

Umm... no... its' friggin' terrible. Goddamn terrible. By year 3, the league is virtually unrecognizable. Every... every elite player has left their original team (leaving out the yankees, of course). I have never seen Minnesota resign Mauer. Not once. St. Louis never resigns Pujols.

That's true, but what out of the dozens and dozens of nice options in The Show's FM actually DO anything. I've ignored them for years on end with no effect, and tried to manipulate them constantly and has no benefit. They're useless busywork that do NOTHING. What good is an option that does nothing?

Just simmed a season. Top 5 rushers in Madden.
A. Peterson 1,714 yards, 13 TDs, 4.5 ypc
M.Turner 1616 yards, 12 Tds, 4.5 ypc
S.Jackson 1560 yards, 13 Tds, 5.2 ypc
F.Jackson 1305 yds, 12 tds, 4.2 ypc
F.Gore 1295 yds, 5 tds, 4.4 ypc

Where's this "over six yards per carry" crap? Not a single qualfying HB has that many. Chris Johnson has 5.6 on 172 carries, Clinton Portis 5.2 on 86 carries, and Steven Jackson with 5.2 on 297 carries.

In the NFL last year, Chris Johnson, Ray Rice, Jonathan Stewart, DeAngelo Williams, and Pierre Thomas all average over 5 yards per carry.

The only problem with tackles is that they don't total the tackles and assists. The leading tacklers in this season are Tatupu with 127 and Lance Briggs with 121... add in their assists, and you get 158 and 172, respectively... very realistic numbers.

The only real problem in stats this year is sacks by ROLBs.

Don't bring up old data to support your dated argument, you just look like a fool who can't accept reality because you're blinded by hate.

I didn't say anything about gameplay, but I will say this; I could design a baseball games gameplay and make it realistic. Baseball is a game of muscle memory and conditioned reactions, and thus it's a game that can be reproduced accurately with good math. Football is a game of emotional intensity and team interaction. It is immeasurably tougher to recreate than baseball.

I'm not denigrating The Show's gameplay... I love that game, it is my single favorite sports game by a wide margin. But much like 2k5, people glorify it far beyond what it deserves.
LMAo what? Your comparing madden a game that Doesn't TRADE to The show? How can you Compare a game that doesnt een have CPU trading to one that is designed for 2 years olds? A game that has waiver wires, rule 5 draft? every detailed baseball rule and gameplay down to a science?

Where did I say you HAVE to control all 30 trams to have realism? Please point that out, its an option. I have pretty realistic rosters 5 years in. And the show does ten times the detail that madden does. i actually run a franchise, in madden you sign draft picks and FA, thats it, LMAO. Franchise for 5 year olds. And it hasn't changed in 5 years.

Also., name one sports game where the Gm is better then The Show? NONE, they all have unrealistic trades.

we are comparing it the MADDEN which doesnt even have trades programmed in and has not changed in 4 years? You must relaise how laughable it is to compare a game that has almost nothing to sim compared to the detail the show's engine has to consider? Comparing a game that doesn't even have trading between the CPU between one that does is lunacy.

When madden actually had trades, and the intricate details of football gm duties, the we can compare right now Madden is a joke in comparison. Its easy to WORk when you dont have to CODE for anything, Even then STATS, progression, easy trades kill maddens bare bones franchises, lack of owner responsiblities.

I hate to break it to you, baseball is very difficult to code properly, the art of hitting and pitching and the intricate details of fielding are very hard to mimick realistically. There is a reason only a few games have come close to pulling it off.

i also call BS, Im in season 5 and have no such issues, OS Sports have an ARTICLE on how the show is close to text sims with its sim engine, are they lying?

people dont glorify the show it is the current standard for what sports sims should be, Madden is a joke in every way in comparison. its what madden should be as a representation of its sport.

A patch that came out a few weeks after the game fixed most of the Ai issues, madden doesnt even have trading, yeah, madden sure is a good comparison, LMAO.
Old 08-14-2010, 09:11 PM   #19
Banned

OVR: 18

The Show is fantastic...I think we all know that. And IMO it is the best console sports game ever (2009 never bought 2010) and it is not even very close. But I did see a ton of nutty trades that were true head scratchers...I think that is all that is trying to be said by the other poster.

I personally would never compare any Madden title or football title for that matter to MLB The Show 2009 or even the ground breaking (for it's time) MVP Baseball 2005. Those games are on another level as far as sim sports games.
Old 08-14-2010, 09:15 PM   #20
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todem
The Show is fantastic...I think we all know that. And IMO it is the best console sports game ever (2009 never bought 2010) and it is not even very close. But I did see a ton of nutty trades that were true head scratchers...I think that is all that is trying to be said by the other poster.

I personally would never compare any Madden title or football title for that matter to MLB The Show 2009 or even the ground breaking (for it's time) MVP Baseball 2005. Those games are on another level as far as sim sports games.

exactly, comparing the SHOw franchise to the joke that is madden, that thinks trades dont happen in the NFL is an insult to the SHOW.
Old 08-14-2010, 09:28 PM   #21
MVP

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by raiderwerewolf
What? are u for real? broken in a half dozen ways? maddens is broken and doesnt offer 5 % of what the shpw does. You realise the show offers 30 team controls to STOP any Ai weird trades, decisions right? But yet u can still let the CPU do its thing? That alone kills your point.

Explain hows its broken?
The most glaring example for how it's broken would be the 2013 free agency issue and the way the minor leaguers are designed

Jimmy Rollins wasn't a 60 speed when he was in AA and then progressed to 90+ once he reached the majors
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2010, 09:35 PM   #22
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bichettehappens
The most glaring example for how it's broken would be the 2013 free agency issue and the way the minor leaguers are designed

Jimmy Rollins wasn't a 60 speed when he was in AA and then progressed to 90+ once he reached the majors

DOWNLOAD OS Rosters, problem fixed.

AGAIN, your comparing a game that doesn't even offer trading, thats moronic, the show makes madden look like an amateur.

On top of this, madden is FILLEd with things like that, and is bare bones. LMAO, how can you compare them?
You ignored all my points and posted that garbage?

i ask again, how can you compare a game that has every Gm rule, detail to compensate for to a game that doesn't even trade? LMAO, its like comparing a single a team to a MLB team.

i also call BS, didn't have issues like that in the show, nor are there any posts about it. All sports games have rating, roster issues, the show just does it better then anyone. How does 1 player rating in 3 season mean its broken?

the you admit madden not even trading is broken right?

time tebow has higher strength the ray lewis, so madden and its amateur franchise mode is broken right?
Old 08-14-2010, 10:11 PM   #23
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by raiderwerewolf

Also., name one sports game where the Gm is better then The Show? NONE, they all have unrealistic trades.
NFL Head Coach 09... by a long, long, LONG ways. Superior to every franchise mode I've ever seen in every way I can think of. Only a few text sims come close.

And it was made by the people who are designing Madden's new franchise mode, which unfortunately we'll have to wait for.

I'm not responding to the rest of your post because if you were really willing to discuss this, you'd have at least acknowledged that you were wrong about stat-gen. It's very clear you're not going to accept anything but your perception, whether it's true or not.

The first kind is wrong. The second is superfluous.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.

Last edited by adembroski; 08-14-2010 at 10:15 PM.
Old 08-14-2010, 10:13 PM   #24
Banned

OVR: 11

Roncotto, I finally tried Gameflow doing what you did, i.e., shut off the subtitles, had the coordinator in my headset, etc. I didn't create a gameplan because I just wanted to try out gameflow at least once--after all, if I'm going to hate on it, I should at least have tried it right? lol.

Now before I go any further, I have to say I have been critical of this concept as anybody, you know, "I can call my own plays", "It's ask madden 2.0", etc.

Well, I have to admit I liked it (am I actually saying this? Say it isn't so!). I can really see the appeal if gameplanning is added to it.

Not to bad.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »