Home

Madden 12: What needs to be the biggest focus for gameplay?

This is a discussion on Madden 12: What needs to be the biggest focus for gameplay? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-14-2010, 09:01 PM   #1
EA Game Changer

OVR: 14
Lightbulb Madden 12: What needs to be the biggest focus for gameplay?

So for Madden 11 the obvious focus was on making the game more accessible and go by quicker. It makes sense what they did this year since it makes the game more attracted to those who aren't very fond of the complexity and slow pace of football games. However in the end Madden 11 doesn't feel too much of a step forward from Madden 10 and defiantly didn't wet the appetites much for the hardcore football gamers. Madden 12 gameplay needs to see a much bigger progression from the previous year if it's going to be sale to gamers that passed the game this year, and years before.

Now obviously gameplay isn't the only part of the game that warrants a solid amount of work done to it. Franchise Mode has felt like the lonely schoolboy at the high school prom this generation. But to stay on a single topic, we'll just discuss gameplay only. In your opinion, what needs to be the main focus of gameplay for Madden NFL 12? Is it a real-time physics engine which features a real-time collision system for tackles and blocking? Is it passing that needs to be revamp or tweaked around? Is it all about AI and making it much more dynamic and aware? What do you feel needs to be a major focus for next year?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2010, 09:06 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Madden 12: What needs to be the biggest focus for gameplay?

Lineman Interactions. As it stands now, the goal of the O-Line is to form a line and try to keep defenders from crossing it. I'd like to see a consistent pocket formed.
Old 08-14-2010, 09:09 PM   #3
Just some guy

mrprice33's Arena

OVR: 16

To me the #1 focus should be making the passing game as realistic as the running game. No more dbs running routes before receivers, better cutting in and out of routes, minimizing warping, pass trajectory, shading and help. The pocket too should be better formed with des running the arc and getting realistic pressure.
Old 08-14-2010, 09:21 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 16

Real Time Physics.

I think Madden 11 is one of the best playing Madden games in years. I was skeptical about the removal of the Sprint button, but now I've come to appreciate the old-school simplicity and stick skills.

If Madden 12 can maintain that "skill based" feeling while incorporating the unscripted random-encounters of Real Time Physics - Madden wil get that "new engine" feeling people have been begging for.

-SeventhWard

Old 08-14-2010, 09:38 PM   #5
Pro

OVR: 9

defense needs to be just as important as offence. I should have just as much fun playing with Blatimores D than its offence. Also real time physics would be nice
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2010, 09:46 PM   #6
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43

Defending the run. The game needs gap assignments, run fits, pursuit logic. Complete the running game.

The first kind is wrong. The second is superfluous.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.
Old 08-14-2010, 09:58 PM   #7
Rookie

jstadlin's Arena

real tackling would be my most important. it bothers me everytime i go in for a tackle and i guy goes to dive to hit him and flys by him its so fake.

real passing. crossing routes are way too easy. i play with the ravens and when i run 4 verticals and todd heap slants across the field every single time i get at least a 20 yard gain. and the physics of how the ball is trown sucks too.

the kicking looks really unrealistic its like the ball flys off the guys foot sometimes without even touching it. his foot needs to bend in when making contact with the ball and the flight of the kick needs to be more realistic.

oh and am i the only one who thinks returns are impossible. i can hardly ever get past the 17 yard line on a kick off and my punts rarely go for more than 8 yards. i tend to fumble way too much too. i now faircatch everything because returns are impossible. and no its not cause i suck i play on all madden.

and why is there no fight for fumble on online?
Old 08-14-2010, 09:59 PM   #8
Rookie

jstadlin's Arena

fix the juke moves, when the rb does a spin he should make a tighter spin and harder to do and the juke move needs to have more variety it feels like you hop to one side and its the same every time

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »