Home

Hw come they decided to not touch offline franchise mode?

This is a discussion on Hw come they decided to not touch offline franchise mode? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-15-2010, 10:30 AM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: Hw come they decided to not touch offline franchise mode?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaymee13
This comment adds nothing to the conversation, but back on topic...

I believe it was because they focused this year on gameplay due to so many complaints about it last year. Plus Franchise got a huge overhaul last year that it had enough staying power to wait to 2012. I understand your frustration though because I, as you, do not play online. They also spent a good amount into online play this year as well. EA has a gameplan set in place for next years game, there probably were a ton of features they wanted to implement this year but didn't have time.....tough with a game that comes out every year.
I don't know that we both played the same Madden 10. The only addition to Franchise that I recall is extra point...and with no variability in the dialogue, except for playoff time...watching the same spliced videos over and over was something I decided to skip after a few games. Like someone else said, they have done nothing to increase the longevity of playing franchise. It has been the same mode for years. I much more enjoyed franchise on ps2 with training camps, position battles, etc.

I too agree that fitting on the dvd is a copout. When the game is created, its encoded to fit on the disc. The actual files that they are shrinking are much much larger than 7.4 gigs. In reality they could just put a patch on a Madden 11 disc if that was such an issue, since most of the core of any previous Madden is already there.
Old 08-15-2010, 10:44 AM   #18
Banned

Titus1108's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank784
It has been the same mode for years. I much more enjoyed franchise on ps2 with training camps, position battles, etc.

Exactly what I'm saying. the franchise mode on Madden since moving to next gen has been a joke compared to what it was like on the ps2 days. Heck, even the Tony Bruno radio show on Madden 2005 was cool to listen to. And the newspaper articles that you could read for each team was kinda cool. Madden 2005 is by far the best Madden to date by far.

2005 just happens to be the last year Madden had competition too, hmmm...
Old 08-15-2010, 10:48 AM   #19
Dynasty Guru

JaymeeAwesome's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank784
I don't know that we both played the same Madden 10. The only addition to Franchise that I recall is extra point...and with no variability in the dialogue, except for playoff time...watching the same spliced videos over and over was something I decided to skip after a few games. Like someone else said, they have done nothing to increase the longevity of playing franchise. It has been the same mode for years. I much more enjoyed franchise on ps2 with training camps, position battles, etc.

I too agree that fitting on the dvd is a copout. When the game is created, its encoded to fit on the disc. The actual files that they are shrinking are much much larger than 7.4 gigs. In reality they could just put a patch on a Madden 11 disc if that was such an issue, since most of the core of any previous Madden is already there.
Sorry I meant to say start of a major overhaul on what they did in 10. It's not completely finished but can stand on it's own til the time is needed to complete it. Madden isn't gonna make every type of gamer happy each year. Let's say they finished franchise mode this year....the online gamers would then be complaining. I'm just happy to play a football game each August...

Madden 15 Sliders: Realistic Game Stat Sliders for Madden 15

Madden 15 Dynasty: The NFL Reborn...
Old 08-15-2010, 11:30 AM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
This comment adds nothing to the conversation, but back on topic...

I believe it was because they focused this year on gameplay due to so many complaints about it last year. Plus Franchise got a huge overhaul last year that it had enough staying power to wait to 2012. I understand your frustration though because I, as you, do not play online. They also spent a good amount into online play this year as well. EA has a gameplan set in place for next years game, there probably were a ton of features they wanted to implement this year but didn't have time.....tough with a game that comes out every year.
It has everything to do with the topic...
Old 08-15-2010, 11:36 AM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 5

One thing I know that has been present for years is when you hire a new coach it resets franchise options to cpu. Not correcting this is lazy, and EA knows we have no alternative. We all know other sports have deep working franchise modes because of competition. So you can listen to jaymee13 apologize for EA all day or you can use your own brain and see the truth.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2010, 12:00 PM   #22
Dynasty Guru

JaymeeAwesome's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by slingblade73
One thing I know that has been present for years is when you hire a new coach it resets franchise options to cpu. Not correcting this is lazy, and EA knows we have no alternative. We all know other sports have deep working franchise modes because of competition. So you can listen to jaymee13 apologize for EA all day or you can use your own brain and see the truth.
I'm sorry, i don't apologize for them...I support them. But let's get back on topic before this gets locked. The focus is on the offline franchise...what can we expect for the future since offline future was not improved this year. I'm hoping they bring in replays for other games during the week, that would be an awesome addition to the Extra Point.

Madden 15 Sliders: Realistic Game Stat Sliders for Madden 15

Madden 15 Dynasty: The NFL Reborn...
Old 08-15-2010, 12:55 PM   #23
Banned

Titus1108's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
I'm sorry, i don't apologize for them...I support them. But let's get back on topic before this gets locked. The focus is on the offline franchise...what can we expect for the future since offline future was not improved this year. I'm hoping they bring in replays for other games during the week, that would be an awesome addition to the Extra Point.

Basically what they have for pre game, post game, and game highlights like 2k5 has is what they need for M12. The ability to practice during the week like 2k5, and make it matter. Practice against plays ur upcoming team ur facing uses alot of. I want to actually have to PREPARE for my opponent like a real NFL coach has to do each and every week.

I want to call off practice in December on Monday if the team wins on Monday ala Tony Dungy. Just give me what the real NFL has. More depth in the offseason, depth inbetween each game. I want every team to play differently so I have to prepare for them. Maybe allow us to watch some game film even(I know thats asking for alot), but that would be awesome!

No offense to the online gamers, but you can't tell me playing online is more important than offline franchise mode. Only reason IMHO they do stuff for online more is cuz they have things on there for us to PAY THEM to get to add for online play. So it's all about what will make them more money, and until ppl don't buy their extra junk online they will continue to add online content and disregard offline franchise mode for the majority of the cycle they go thru when creating the next version.
Old 08-15-2010, 12:59 PM   #24
Rookie

JWO35's Arena

OVR: 2

Lets not beat around the bush, ever since 2k stop making football games Madden didn't really give a damn because you know and I know if its the only football game on the market(with real NFL players) you will buy it regardless of who makes it.

I haven't bought a Madden game since 08, because 08 has everything(and I mean everything) Madden 11 has except gameflow.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »