Home

Everything has compliments

This is a discussion on Everything has compliments within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-16-2010, 10:08 AM   #73
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: Everything has compliments

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimsontide27
Can you disprove it? Im always up for meaningful commentary instead of non constructive jabs. Each and every year all the community day people do is come to the forums and mention the fact that they " have " , or "will be" at the community day. These leads a feeding frenzy on their respective websites for everyone because of the insight that they hope to get with new " insider" information. Now since everyone thats involved in the CD event are required to follow a strict NDA, their hands are tied in sharing pretty much any information at all.

At the end of the day, all they do is come back and say " We cant say anything, but youll be amazed" , yet when the game is released, all of a sudden they disappear at say that all the problems we see in the retail build, were somehow not in the community day build.

They are a complete waste of time and resources from a constructive standpoint, they do however serve a wonder in the marketing and PR role, and in that ...they are very successful.

None of the community day people provide any more constructive insight that couldnt be found by browesing any one of a number of websites or youtube.

They provide marketing and hype, and thats all. Ive known quite a few people that work work on these titles for years in real life...do you? Continue to think I dont have a clue to whats going on.
First of all, let's bring out all the facts.

Bezo is right, they go down their to help improve the game, not to become a public PR firm.

First, one of the CD folks came back here and said some of us might not like the jump from 10 to 11 as much as we enjoyed the big jump from 09 to 10.

Another fact that is way off is the beginning of your statement. They don't advertise before they go down there about going to Orlando. In fact, one person from another website came on here another month later and was surprised the CD took place because they didn't hear about.

I don't know who you are referring to regarding a feeding frenzy because they go down there. If everyone knows they have a NDA, what is the feeding frenzy about? It's not until draft weekend that there is a feeding frenzy in the media.
Old 08-16-2010, 10:11 AM   #74
Pro

rooney8's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by BezO
Let me get another post in before this gets locked up...

LOL. PG hit it on the head.

I believe we were invited to help them with the game, not to come back and share information, so I'm wondering what you mean by constructive.

And the same guys are still on the boards, complaining & praising.
Not trying to cause conflict but I just think some of us are confused because if they brought you in to help with the game and now it's realeased you are all highlighting big things wrong with the game and the making of the game something has clearly gone wrong.
I agree with nearly every point made by the CD guys about the game in this thread but obviously what you are saying isn't being considered or it would be a very different game. This makes me think they are just humouring us into thinking we are involved in the game making. If I am wrong I apoligise.

Edit: LBZrule's above post answered my question.

Last edited by rooney8; 08-16-2010 at 10:30 AM.
Old 08-16-2010, 10:33 AM   #75
All Star

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
I don't know who you are referring to regarding a feeding frenzy because they go down there. If everyone knows they have a NDA, what is the feeding frenzy about? It's not until draft weekend that there is a feeding frenzy in the media.
I think they may be referring to what CD was a few years ago. Then, I believe it was done mostly for promotional purposes. Guys like Pastapadre and (forget the names of the guys that would post here) would openly talk weeks before going, then come back and proclaim how great Madden looked at CD only to have the game fall flat when it hit retail. To Tiburon's credit, I think they tried to change that dynamic and recruit the current CD group, which I respect a lot more than the mouthpieces that were going previously. Still, it falls on Tiburon for not taking a comprehensive look at their game(s) and making the necessary improvements, instead of band-aiding things year to year. And the neglect of things on the defensive side of the ball is ridiculous. Or special teams and extra features, for that matter. But reviewers (including OS) rarely if ever call them out on it. And the majority of reviewers and consumers seem happier they're showing a level of compentency rather than the incompetence of M06 thru M09.

XBL gamertag: d0meBreaker22 (that's a zero)

congrats Steelers, city of Pittsburgh, and Steeler Nation - SIX TIME WORLD CHAMPS
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2010, 10:33 AM   #76
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by rooney8
Not trying to cause conflict but I just think some of us are confused because if they brought you in to help with the game and now it's realeased you are all highlighting big things wrong with the game and the making of the game something has clearly gone wrong.
I agree with nearly every point made by the CD guys about the game in this thread but obviously what you are saying isn't being considered or it would be a very different game. This makes me think they are just humouring us into thinking we are involved in the game making. If I am wrong I apoligise.

The CD guys can correct if I'm wrong, but the game is already in Alpha build by the time they arrive. I would think any major upgrading that the CD folks bring to the table would need to wait for the next Madden. I'm sure they can tweak and tune some of the glaring things that the CD folks recognize.

Just my opinion, though.
Old 08-16-2010, 10:38 AM   #77
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by spankdatazz22
I think they may be referring to what CD was a few years ago. Then, I believe it was done mostly for promotional purposes. Guys like Pastapadre and (forget the names of the guys that would post here) would openly talk weeks before going, then come back and proclaim how great Madden looked at CD only to have the game fall flat when it hit retail. To Tiburon's credit, I think they tried to change that dynamic and recruit the current CD group, which I respect a lot more than the mouthpieces that were going previously.
If that's the case, no need to discredit CD in it's present form.

I agree, I like it better this way than a few years ago.
Old 08-16-2010, 11:03 AM   #78
MVP

BezO's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:

To add, there are a lot of influences. There's the infamous casual crowd to cater to. There are the executives. There are the developer's own ideas. Then there's us. And there's still a time factor.

The casual gamer is where their bread is buttered. The executives believe that's the crowd to cater to. The developers don't always agree with our suggestions, at least not mine.

Last year, I took the developer's wish to make the most realistic game possible very literally. Since then, I interpret that as the most realistic game they're allowed to make while still catering to that casual crowd.
Old 08-16-2010, 11:06 AM   #79
Pro

rooney8's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
If that's the case, no need to discredit CD in it's present form.

I agree, I like it better this way than a few years ago.
Apart from one post I don't think that's what was going on. Just from the posts by CD guys in this thread if EA really listened to them then I would be playing Madden right now. Just wanted to know why that wasn't happening and now I do. Thanks for the responses Roadman, Bezo and LBZrules.

Old 08-16-2010, 11:11 AM   #80
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

Quote:
Apart from one post I don't think that's what was going on. Just from the posts by CD guys in this thread if EA really listened to them then I would be playing Madden right now. Just wanted to know why that wasn't happening and now I do. Thanks for the responses Roadman, Bezo and LBZrules.
Your post were respectful. I thought there were a few by someone else that I questioned.

Anyway, we are getting good information on how it works from the CD folks.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »