Home

Everything has compliments

This is a discussion on Everything has compliments within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-15-2010, 04:51 PM   #25
MVP

Palo20's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Everything has compliments

Quote:
Originally Posted by rooney8
1. You can't really make many changes to the near final product I can't see it helping only making us feel more involved and represented in the making of the game.

2. I believe The Show are on here looking for two hardcore gamers to become testers because occording to them QA testers play the game very differently to hardcore fans.

3. Yeah I agree but that creates lots of big plays and high scores which is probably what they were going for.
1. What's the difference in making changes just before the game goes gold and making changes in a patch? Chances are, we're going to see a patch that may help out the defense a bit. Wouldn't it be easier to have done that in June, rather than September?

2. That's basically my point. Makes sense that The Show would do that. Why wouldn't you want different points of view in your testing?

3. They tell us the goal is to make a sim game experience. Is that the truth? I believe Ian when he says that, I know that's what he wants. There are just some things lacking.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2010, 05:12 PM   #26
7 dirty words...

ryan36's Arena

OVR: 36

Wow good thread...and I agree. And no ramsfan you wouldn't get banned for a well thought out post discussing the imbalance of the game! At least I wouldn't ban you. lol
Old 08-15-2010, 05:24 PM   #27
MVP

Palo20's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan36
Wow good thread...and I agree. And no ramsfan you wouldn't get banned for a well thought out post discussing the imbalance of the game! At least I wouldn't ban you. lol

And you're the national leader in bans this week........so that's saying something.
Old 08-15-2010, 05:25 PM   #28
Pro

rooney8's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palo20
1. What's the difference in making changes just before the game goes gold and making changes in a patch? Chances are, we're going to see a patch that may help out the defense a bit. Wouldn't it be easier to have done that in June, rather than September?

2. That's basically my point. Makes sense that The Show would do that. Why wouldn't you want different points of view in your testing?

3. They tell us the goal is to make a sim game experience. Is that the truth? I believe Ian when he says that, I know that's what he wants. There are just some things lacking.
3. Did Madden11 seem more sim to you? Like I said before of course they are going to say in blogs and interviews they want to make a sim game because it's being read by sim players. It's a business, there trying to sell their product not tell you something that will make you not want it. Peter Moore said they are targeting the casual player and Madden backs him up not Ian and Phil. The big problem with the community here is they want a different game to EA.

Old 08-15-2010, 06:17 PM   #29
Pro

parrothead's Arena

OVR: 9

Maybe this is sim to them. Someone said it earlier, this is the game they wanted or it wouldn't be the game. I doubt they're at headquarters saying oops we missed that or uh oh that's not sim. They obviously aren't looking for the same thing in the game, out of the box, as most people on this sight. They do give us tools like sliders and coaching settings that we can use to create the game we want, but the game out of the box is the game they wanted to ship. Me personally I'd love a big hug and a "my bad", but it's not a mistake, at that level they don't accidentally leave things out or forget to do things. I chalk it up to different perspectives of the same game.
Old 08-15-2010, 06:26 PM   #30
Pro

rooney8's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by parrothead
Maybe this is sim to them. Someone said it earlier, this is the game they wanted or it wouldn't be the game. I doubt they're at headquarters saying oops we missed that or uh oh that's not sim. They obviously aren't looking for the same thing in the game, out of the box, as most people on this sight. They do give us tools like sliders and coaching settings that we can use to create the game we want, but the game out of the box is the game they wanted to ship. Me personally I'd love a big hug and a "my bad", but it's not a mistake, at that level they don't accidentally leave things out or forget to do things. I chalk it up to different perspectives of the same game.
Yeah I completely agree. They made the game they wanted and we need to realise that.

Old 08-15-2010, 06:47 PM   #31
Banned

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by rooney8
Yeah I completely agree. They made the game they wanted and we need to realise that.
Well if this is their vision of the game, then I am done with Madden and will no longer purchase EA products after this year's installation, which I've already bought, unfortunately.

I boycotted Madden after EA bought the exclusive NFL rights, but after a couple years decided that boycotting EA was dumb. I bought the PS2 versions of Madden, and didn't care for them. But once I experienced the "next gen" versions, I saw some potential. First next gen I bought was last year's Madden '10, which I thought was a HUGE step in the right direction. Sure, I had my frustrations with it, but Madden '10 gave me faith in the Madden series, that I had found an adequate replacement to the 2K series.

But this year's game is simply unplayable.

I am an offline franchise mode player, though I do indulge in some online playing too. But the mechanics in this game make offline play absolutely unplayable. Defense is atrocious - or should I say HUMAN defense is atrocious. Everytime I drop back to pass on offense, my offensive line gets absolutely blown up, and I am getting sacked before I can even get off a slant pass - from shotgun. I cannot run more than 1 or 2 yards per carry, because no block will ever be held.

On defense, it is impossible to sack the QB, because they will always release the pass a split second before you get to the QB. And it doesn't matter if you are in the process of blowing up the QB from the blind side, they will still hit their target 30 yards downfield with pin point accuracy.

My defensive backs literally run away from receivers, or simply don't acknowledge their existence. It's ridiculous that I have to turn CPU Break Tackle sliders down to ZERO to get any kind of realism from CPU ball carriers. All-Madden is unbalanced in favor of the CPU, All-Pro is unbalanced in favor of the human player, and while the response to this is "SLIDERS SLIDERS SLIDERS!!!", I'll just say it's not MY JOB to spend hours upon hours fixing sliders to balance the game, that is the job of the developers. In my opinion, it is completely unacceptable that I have to spend hours and hours and hours tweaking sliders to find something that works. I have way too much going on in my life to spend hours just BALANCING a game. There are people that get paid to do that, not me.

On top of that, my experiences with sliders have never helped situations in the least bit. There is also the matter that when tweaking sliders, my own personal biases can cloud my judgment of what is truly balanced, and instead I flip the script in the other direction, making it too easy for myself.

I want a balanced NFL game that's based upon actual NFL realism. That is not what I've ever gotten from EA and Madden, save for one installment in Madden '10 that finally took steps in the right direction. But after giving us the good game, and teasing us of what could be, they go back to NFL Street under the guise of "realism".

Whatever, Madden '11 is redonk. I am incredibly disappointed with this year's game.

(The good news is that typically, after I rant on a game like this, I figure it out soon afterwords and forget all the things I ever complained about. Hopefully that is the same here )

Last edited by Franchise408; 08-15-2010 at 06:54 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2010, 07:35 PM   #32
C*t*z*n *f RSN

K_GUN's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by parrothead
Are the guys at EA aware that people have these complaints? If so, are they just keeping quiet and choosing not to respond. What of these flaws can be fixed via patch? I doubt the tackling can even be addressed, but maybe the sideline catches, LB aggresiveness, and the run defense can be patched. This would be a great time for some interaction, and temper soothing.
If they're not then it clearly falls on the shoulders of the first 3 posters in this very thread...each attends the madden focus groups every year

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »