Home

Everything has compliments

This is a discussion on Everything has compliments within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-16-2010, 02:07 AM   #57
Banned

OVR: 9
Re: Everything has compliments

Madden is improving, but in my opinion, Madden 11 isn't a "next-gen" game. Graphically it is, but game-play wise there's nothing that you can in Madden 11 that you couldn't do in versions of Madden and 2k5 on the last-gen consoles.

Locomotion, which is really just realistic acceleration and deceleration, was on the PS2 versions. Dual stick controls and the auto sprint are nice additions, but not quite enough.
Old 08-16-2010, 03:04 AM   #58
MVP

bukktown's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveDQ
The frustrating element in all of this is some issues are addressed but not in a realistic fashion. In the case of tackling, where only one defender can address the runner, EA address this issue not by truly allowing more tacklers. Rather, the solution is to animate all surrounding defenders with movements that draw them away from full contact.

So now you have the question, "Why doesn't EA genuinely address it?" Why leave it alone and address things like the strategy pad? Either it has been resolved that they can't address it (game engine limitations) or they simply don't find it essential to do so.
Good point.
Old 08-16-2010, 05:30 AM   #59
Pro

rooney8's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAMSFAN21
Well said, im not bashing any CD guy but what u said rings very true from my perspective. I've gotten more info about the game from youtube and SITES. But the CD guys getting to go test it 1st hypes me up then lets me down.
Is the purpose of CD day to provide info for the masses? I don't think so but to be honest I don't know what the point of it is. I would guess it is there to make the gaming community feel represented and involved in the game but like I said I don't really know.

Old 08-16-2010, 06:55 AM   #60
Banned

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by K_GUN
* the NFL offered up the exclusivity...blame them (or 2k..they didn't bid enough)

* visual concepts...the masters of 2k5/APF have been absolutely horrific with their use of the exclusive 3rd party license for baseball
Wrong on both counts. First of all, EA openly admitted that THEY approached the NFL several years in a row trying to get an exclusive deal done...only when the NFL got po'd at 2k for selling 2k5 at 19.99 (thereby cutting some of the % money the NFL gets) and the "bid" Ea put in was an ourageous amount (much more than the NFL was making on % of ALL of the games on the market at that time) which NO competitor (except MS) could possibly have matched.

Secondly, the baseball license deal was ONLY in retaliation (and frankly, I was happy 2k did SOMETHING) as it affected EA most. Certainly hasn't hurt baseball as a video game, since MLB the show is simply spectacular, IMO. The MLB license only affected 3rd party developers. It did NOT shut out all competition, which is a HUGE difference, and the main reason we have the Madden games we have had since.

Madden is, once again, totally unpolished, flawed in major ways, broken in others. And while we can sit and wait for the fixes that might come in the patches, there is NO WAY they can possibly fix all that is wrong and lacking in 2 size-capped patches.

As long as EA has the license to themselves, we are doomed to more of the same year after year...and it is all because they KNOW they can do this. They're the only game in town...the game will sell tons regardless of quality, simply because it has the license, and that is exactly WHY EA bought it in the first place.
Old 08-16-2010, 07:35 AM   #61
Pro

rooney8's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJenness
Wrong on both counts. First of all, EA openly admitted that THEY approached the NFL several years in a row trying to get an exclusive deal done...only when the NFL got po'd at 2k for selling 2k5 at 19.99 (thereby cutting some of the % money the NFL gets) and the "bid" Ea put in was an ourageous amount (much more than the NFL was making on % of ALL of the games on the market at that time) which NO competitor (except MS) could possibly have matched.
Really? I never heard that before. Do you have a link?

Quote:
Secondly, the baseball license deal was ONLY in retaliation (and frankly, I was happy 2k did SOMETHING) as it affected EA most. Certainly hasn't hurt baseball as a video game, since MLB the show is simply spectacular, IMO. The MLB license only affected 3rd party developers. It did NOT shut out all competition, which is a HUGE difference, and the main reason we have the Madden games we have had since.
2K signed an exclusive deal in retaliation. What kind of business are they running? That's a ridiculous way to run a business if true.

Quote:
Madden is, once again, totally unpolished, flawed in major ways, broken in others. And while we can sit and wait for the fixes that might come in the patches, there is NO WAY they can possibly fix all that is wrong and lacking in 2 size-capped patches.

As long as EA has the license to themselves, we are doomed to more of the same year after year...and it is all because they KNOW they can do this. They're the only game in town...the game will sell tons regardless of quality, simply because it has the license, and that is exactly WHY EA bought it in the first place.
Madden isn't flawed or broken it's just not sim. It's an arcade game which many enjoy. You just need to accept there not being a sim football game on the market which, "we are doomed to more of the same year after year" maybe you have.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2010, 08:11 AM   #62
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by rooney8
As for why Ncaa has tuner sets and not Madden. Nhl11 is putting in physics, Fifa11 rebuilt Career Mode. Madden is just behind all the rest unfortunately.
This is the #1 Question?
How does the longest running, most profitible sports franchise game, the most widely recognized game/name with the the biggest programing team and the game that put EA into position to be the biggest game developing company in the world, one would also think they get the most capital to spend on programing fall behind these other sports games?
Old 08-16-2010, 08:45 AM   #63
MVP

OVR: 21

What needs to be done is each and every facet of playing football needs to be discussed. We need to get some real NFL players/coaches posting here(they don't have to identify themselves...)

They need to state what it is they do in given situations and then that needs to be translated into the best way to implement it in the game.

The offense tells all their responsibilities and the defense tells theirs.
All counters to these events should be translated into working features of the game.

EA has not done a good job of this. They give us pieces of a game and half those pieces are broke or don't work well/unbalanced.
Old 08-16-2010, 08:51 AM   #64
MVP

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by dguru
This is the #1 Question?
How does the longest running, most profitible sports franchise game, the most widely recognized game/name with the the biggest programing team and the game that put EA into position to be the biggest game developing company in the world, one would also think they get the most capital to spend on programing fall behind these other sports games?
Ironic ain't it.

You would think Madden would be the most praised game on the planet with all the resources they have and instead its the complete opposite.
It makes you wonder what the programmers that did 2K football could do if they had access to those same resources. They did so much more with far less.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »