Home

Who are your "system" guys?

This is a discussion on Who are your "system" guys? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-17-2010, 10:54 AM   #49
Rookie

frankstallone83's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Who are your "system" guys?

cj spiller is the new reggie bush.
Old 08-17-2010, 10:55 AM   #50
Rookie

OVR: 1

Brad Cottam is a TE I always try to pick up. Good enough that you never feel a real urge to spend a decent amount to upgrade on him, poor enough that it's almost mocking your PS3 when you let him convert those key third downs for you.

Ian Johnson, just cos the man deserves cash for the game winning Statue of Liberty play/ proposal to a cheerleader boys-fantasy-come-true combo.

I have love for any OL or DL who is 6'7" or more, just because they look vaguely freakish if a DB blitzes near them or small HB runs at them.

I also love Chase Blackburn, despite Blackburn the place being an utter hole.

I have a feeling Ed Wang is going to become one of my preferred (ahem) backup tackles in the future.
Old 08-17-2010, 11:31 AM   #51
MVP

myownsun's Arena

OVR: 15

Nix what i said about bush, he fumbles WAY TOO MUCH!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2010, 12:41 PM   #52
Banned

OVR: 25

I honestly don't have one but may have just discovered a diamond.. a true diamond..

I play coach mode so it's easy to see how games unfold and who performs and who does not ratings be damned.. you see who has "it" on the field

my franchise had a breakout star.. in one game he had 4 TD's, 300 yds receiving.. I thought it was a fluke but i started noticing a trend.. ever since pre-season

this guy has been able to beat his man cleanly and take catches to the house..

I finally caved in around week 6 and took a look at his ratings, oh my god..
he has a *99 RELEASE* aka Beat Press..

no wonder he has such success! He'll definitely be following me round now.. only 1 other wideout in the game has a 99 RLS (Brandon Marshall)

whose the diamond I discovered?

Broncos wideout DAMYRIUS THOMAS
His ratings aren't that good, he is only an 80ovr and a B potential, but on the field.. he plays like a monster!

(sorry if you guys know him, I don't, I'm not a Broncos fan so I had no clue who he is/was)

Last edited by tomriddle; 08-18-2010 at 12:43 PM.
Old 08-18-2010, 02:07 PM   #53
Rookie

jethrobag's Arena

OVR: 2

Owen Schmitt is always on my team. Not the highest rated FB, but anyone who breaks their nose headbutting players without a helmet always has a spot on my team.
Old 08-18-2010, 04:25 PM   #54
Banned

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaymee13
I only have one. Darren McFadden. He's my second back in all my two back teams plus a returns genius. Follows me wherever I go.
Traded Maroney(HATE him SO much) for Him last night actually....
Old 08-18-2010, 04:59 PM   #55
Banned

OVR: 1

I'm a die hard Steelers fan so I don't usually mess with the roster when I play in franchises. I don't think there are any individual players that I have always strived to attain, but there are a couple of positions that I like to focus on. I like to be a run oriented team so I usually focus on FB and #2TE (blocking) in terms of system guys.

In my 2010 online franchise I picked up:

(FB) Dorain Barnes - Not much of a runner but was definite upgrade in the run blocking phase over Carey Davis. He was great for the 4 years of my Franchise in 2010. Every season I'd look to upgrade and there was never any other blocking FB better.

(TE) Anthony Becht - I know Jets fans will hate to hear his name. I don't throw to the TE much so I release Heath Miller (part of our mandatory release for making the playoffs). I picked up Betch in season 2 and didn't miss a beat. Much like Barnes he wasn't anything special in terms of a game breaker but he blocked his butt off.

(WR) Yamon Figurs - With Ward, Holmes and Wallace on the team I didn't have much use for Figurs in the passing game, but I also didn't want any of those 3 getting injured on kick returns. Figurs took on the role and performed well in my Franchises. His speed and Acceleration were 95+ and his Ret rating was 98 or 99.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2010, 05:53 PM   #56
Rookie

OVR: 3

John Phillips- Cowboys.

Love the guy, he's such a throwback TE a la Witten
UFC

Playing; NHL 13, MLB 2k13, WWE13, DMC, Tomb Raider

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »