Home

Pros & Cons of controlling all 32 teams

This is a discussion on Pros & Cons of controlling all 32 teams within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-15-2010, 10:51 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 31
Pros & Cons of controlling all 32 teams

Will someone with experience please fill me in on this. It looks to me like its better to control all 32 teams to eliminate CPU cheese, fix defensive schemes, etc.

Plus it will allow me to trade my created player in the future and play somewhere else if desired.

If i set all 31 other teams tasks to CPU will it still be just like I am controlling 1 team with the option to override anything that the CPU does?? With CPU tasks set, will they still sign free agents, resign current players, and draft just like they do when im controlling one team??
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2010, 11:03 PM   #2
MVP

mavfan21's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Pros & Cons of controlling all 32 teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Block-O

If i set all 31 other teams tasks to CPU will it still be just like I am controlling 1 team with the option to override anything that the CPU does?? With CPU tasks set, will they still sign free agents, resign current players, and draft just like they do when im controlling one team??

Yes to all but the draft. You will have to sim all the picks you don't want to make yourself. I think you press the start button and then press A to confirm you want to sim the current pick. It goes by faster than you think.

I always do every pick of the first round and then sim all the rest except for "my" team. I will sometimes do a few more picks for a bad team to help them out.

What's great is you can make smarter trades and signings for the CPU and adjust depth charts whenever you want. I will go through each off season and pre season and quickly scroll through rosters at key positions and make a few trades that are logical. It's a blast.

32 team chises are the way to go.
Old 08-16-2010, 01:33 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 4

Best thing about is setting coaching sliders. All teams are set to 50 in each category which is why each team plays the same game in and game out.
Old 08-16-2010, 05:05 AM   #4
Darkness!!!

DirtyJerz32's Arena

OVR: 41

What thy should do is have the scheme feature in the settings menu next to auto subs & audibles. That way we wouldn't have to control all 32 teams, setting schemes and such. Just a thought.

Twitch: DirtyJerz32

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluengold34_OS
No longer shall you be referred to as DirtyJerz32, but simply BOSS -
Old 08-16-2010, 06:18 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 2

Pros:

- You get to save the AI from itself. And as Mavfan21 points out you can let the CPU do a lot of things anwyay and keep overall control. You can interevene to stop AI silliness.

- You won't see high value Free Agents hanging around the league without a team to play for.

- Its actually quite fun - trying to keep the league balanced and making sure each team is concentrating on improving its roster.

- You'll know the name of every back up guard in the NFL by Xmas! You will become a NFL nerd....this may be a con rather than a pro!

- You can still play each game of your favourite team. And you can do that safe in the knowledge that the teams you're playing against are as strong as they can be.

Cons:

Time. I reckon each offseason alone took me about 10 hours - assessing each teams needs at the end of the season, then resigning players, free agency, draft & signing draftees, depth chart etc.

Trading - you have to set up house rules. Last year I made a rule that a trade would only take place if a team had two starter quality players at one position. I then tried to postulate a realistic draft value to give up for the team receiving the player.

Overall:

I agree with MavFan21 - 32 team franchise is the way to go.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2010, 09:21 AM   #6
MVP

statum71's Arena

OVR: 61

I always control all teams. Because I like my season to stay as realistic as it can.

If Denver turns to Tim Tebow by game 4, I want him starting in my season as well.
Old 08-16-2010, 09:34 AM   #7
MVP

jmurphy31's Arena

OVR: 21

Also, with 32 teams you can "switch" teams and start controlling another after a few years.
Old 08-16-2010, 09:56 AM   #8
Banned

OVR: 25

i find franchise is just about unplayable if i DONT control all 32 teams...Gets stale as well.

With all 32, you can switch teams, make ACCURATE depth chart adjustmenst, stop the CPU from having 6 RBs while only carrying the bare minimum of WRs etc etc etc etc....

Only way i could ever play it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »