Home

What is a possible game breaker?

This is a discussion on What is a possible game breaker? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-16-2010, 07:14 AM   #1
Pro

Ankido's Arena

OVR: 14
What is a possible game breaker?

You can call me crazy but I do believe that small things that happen in a game could cause it to be a game breaker which means it's unplayable. If you feel there's something in Madden 11 that's a game breaker, let me know. I know one things for sure, when defenders glide in front of you making it almost impossible to break free; that's considered a game breaker to me.

4th quarter, down by 6. I stop the offense and hope that my final timeout was well worth a Devin Hester Return. They punt the ball to the sideline. I see blockers in front of me and only one guy on defense trying to get through. As soon as I catch the ball knowing how fast Hester is and ready to make a break for a possible win. He slides in front of me and stops my forward progression. If that's not a game breaker, what is? Makes you want to put the game down and not even bother.

Question is, can this be fixed in a patch? I really like this game and it feels a lot better then previous maddens. Little minor stuff like this causes the game to stop playing. This doesn't only happen on returns, it happens on offense as well. Think you got daylight with AP? Think again. hahahah
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2010, 11:32 AM   #2
Orange and Blue!

Broncos86's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: What is a possible game breaker?

There are things that make me chuckle. Watching a kneel-down turn in to the Doritos Crunch Time play makes me smile. Honestly, I haven't really had any game breakers. At least, not yet. Maybe I'm learning to just enjoy the game I'm given, I dunno. In years past, I used to get pretty fed up with cornerbacks and their Spider Sense picking off my passes. I haven't really dealt with that too much.

That said, I want to go with the flow here, so I'll say special teams are just worthless. On kick offs, I get zero blocking, or I'm able to weave through defenders with zero struggle. Punts are mildly better, with Eddie Royal. The most I've seen is a 10 yard return. I wish special teams had a bit more dynamic. It reminds me of the mid 2000's Madden, where I had to run an extra man back on punts so I'd get a block. This isn't a game breaker for me, but it makes special teams feel pointless. And as we know, special teams can make or break a football game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »