Home

How does MySkill actually work?

This is a discussion on How does MySkill actually work? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-16-2010, 11:19 AM   #1
MVP

RaiderKtulu's Arena

OVR: 13
How does MySkill actually work?

Seriously, has anyone figured out what the ideal stats are? I mean, at least hypothetically, shouldn't there be a "perfect" game where the level matches your playing and doesn't need to adjust?

I just played a game with the Titans vs Texans... pre-game, MySkill was at 10-15-8-10

I gave up over 500 yards passing (35/41, 508, 4TD... yeah let's see Schaub do that in a real game) and 17-99yards rushing. I was 21/30 passing for 260 yards 1TD 1INT, 27-47yds rushing. After the game - it's now at 8-17-10-8. It doesn't even make any sense. Give up 500 passing, make it harder. Couldn't run worth a crap.. make that harder... make my passing easier after going 21/30? What? I thought that looked like pretty good numbers for Vince Young. It doesn't make any sense to me at all.

Default all-pro is too easy on offense (my last game on default all-pro was a 49-35 shoot-out with the Raiders & Bears and I had over 100 yards rushing with both Bush & McFadden) and I don't like the cheating in all-Madden... I'm really starting to get fed up with this game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2010, 12:43 PM   #2
MVP

fantasysportsguy's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: How does MySkill actually work?

First of all, it really doesn't "work" which is why it has never (and never will) catch on. Secondly, there really isn't a way for there to be a "perfect" game of it because of all the variables involved.

While it can be a pain, the best thing to do is still tune the game with sliders and adjust it until it feels like real football to you. Don't get fed up with the game, it is going to be ok. It's only a week old and already there are sliders out there that fix the defense issues (for me at least) and turn the game from turd to terrific.
Old 08-16-2010, 02:15 PM   #3
MVP

Tengo Juego's Arena

OVR: 29

Same frustrations I had with the setting. And once I maxed out that Rushing skill, it did not change. Regardless of me going for negative rushing yards with my RB. My passing did however fluctuate. It went from 10 to 9 to 11.

It's best to just use sliders to create the best playing game. I suggest Playmakers' sliders.

Old 08-16-2010, 02:36 PM   #4
Pro

OVR: 6

When using it I always see these results, defaut settings it gets to hard, so you have a really bad, so it adjusts and becomes way to easy so you blow out the CPU, then it over corrects and you get stuck in that loop, I don't use it because of this, I just manually adjust the custom sliders though even with that i'm having trouble getting things to work out because the game is so offensively minded.
Old 08-16-2010, 02:51 PM   #5
Go Wings!

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderKtulu
Seriously, has anyone figured out what the ideal stats are? I mean, at least hypothetically, shouldn't there be a "perfect" game where the level matches your playing and doesn't need to adjust?

I just played a game with the Titans vs Texans... pre-game, MySkill was at 10-15-8-10

I gave up over 500 yards passing (35/41, 508, 4TD... yeah let's see Schaub do that in a real game) and 17-99yards rushing. I was 21/30 passing for 260 yards 1TD 1INT, 27-47yds rushing. After the game - it's now at 8-17-10-8. It doesn't even make any sense. Give up 500 passing, make it harder. Couldn't run worth a crap.. make that harder... make my passing easier after going 21/30? What? I thought that looked like pretty good numbers for Vince Young. It doesn't make any sense to me at all.

Default all-pro is too easy on offense (my last game on default all-pro was a 49-35 shoot-out with the Raiders & Bears and I had over 100 yards rushing with both Bush & McFadden) and I don't like the cheating in all-Madden... I'm really starting to get fed up with this game.
IMO there is no perfect level like you say...because as humans we learn and get better at the game.

MySkill's been quality for me...all my games have been decent, with a blowout on either side happening occasionally as well.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »