Home

Mad Den TV - Daily Show

This is a discussion on Mad Den TV - Daily Show within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-20-2010, 01:46 PM   #17
EA Game Changer

sgibs7's Arena

OVR: 37
Re: Mad Den TV - Daily Show

Side note...

What do you think of Ginn coming to the 49ers? In Madden he is a stud but in on Sundays will he add any value to that WR core?

My latest Madden 13 & NCAA 13 strategy guides:
Official EA SPORTS Madden NFL 13 Strategy Guide
Official EA SPORTS NCAA Football 13 Strategy Guide

Learn more about Madden Tips:
www.MaddenTips.com

http://twitter.com/Sgibs7
Old 08-20-2010, 01:52 PM   #18
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49

Regading Ginn, seeing what we saw against the Colts, he couldn't catch a cold. If he can hold onto the football he could be a threat, but seeing how the Dolphins used a first rounder on him and gave him to use for a 5th rounder, I'd say Miami doesn't think he will be able to. Ginn's largest impact in Madden has got to be his punt return ability bar none.
Old 08-20-2010, 01:56 PM   #19
EA Game Changer

sgibs7's Arena

97 Speed!
95 ACC!
92 AGL!

Those are all pro numbers in Madden! He has to be on the field! He is a game changer and will expand your offense.

Get him the ball with screens and underneath drag routes. Maybe think about using him in compressed sets and get him hitting the flat quick. Utilize that speed!

www.MaddenTips.com

Old 08-20-2010, 03:11 PM   #20
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgibs7
97 Speed!
95 ACC!
92 AGL!

Those are all pro numbers in Madden! He has to be on the field! He is a game changer and will expand your offense.

Get him the ball with screens and underneath drag routes. Maybe think about using him in compressed sets and get him hitting the flat quick. Utilize that speed!
Carry: 67
Catch: 65
Route Running: 78
Catch in Traffic: 64

Also, keep in mind that the 49ers only have 3 WR screens in their playbook. i certainly hope you are not suggesting we change our entire play book just to get some more WR screens to use on a niche player. I will agree that using a formation sub where you put Ginn in and move Crabtree over to Morgan's spot wouldn't be a bad idea, but the point remains, he isn't going to have a big impact on the offense. You need to pound the rock with Gore while getting the ball into your real play makers hands, Vernon Davis and Michael Crabtree. Also, Ginn is more specialized because I wouldn't trust throwing him the football on 3rd down.
Old 08-20-2010, 03:46 PM   #21
EA Game Changer

sgibs7's Arena

those ratings you mentioned dont out weigh his strengths. He is so dynamic with his speed and agility you just need to get him the ball and he will take care of the rest!

Also, I absolutely recommend to change your playbook. Get a feel for other options. Theres only a few basic screens in the game regardless. Most playbooks contain all the same screens...

FL screen from shotgun normal and WR screen from 5 wide or empty trey.

Is there something wrong with using another teams playbook?

www.MaddenTips.com

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2010, 04:19 PM   #22
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

Wow... I don't even know how to reply to that... I think my best option is to just not take that personal and walk away. I wouldn't even know where to begin to reply to that. [for those that know me... that left me speechless, and you know how hard that is to do.]
Old 08-20-2010, 04:30 PM   #23
EA Game Changer

sgibs7's Arena

maybe shed some light!

Kinda dont get where you're going with it?

like the 49ers playbook or something lol?

www.MaddenTips.com

Old 08-20-2010, 05:24 PM   #24
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

You probably didn't mean to, but it felt like you were calling me a n00b.

Quote:
Get a feel for other options.
Again, you likely didn't intend it that way, and i don't want to take it personal. Also, I identify myself more with the "sim" community than I do with the tournament community of players. The idea of changing up an offensive playbook for the sole purpose of catering to a 4th string receiver just because he has 95+ speed and acceleration is beyond ridiculous.

On paper, the 49ers are a run first team. They have one of the leagues best running backs in Frank Gore, the secnd best run blocking TE by ratings in Madden with Vernon Davis who is also a crazy weapon in the passing game along with two starting receivers who are posetion receivers and an offensive line built for the run. In real life the 49ers learned that Alex Smith works best out of the Shotgun, so as a result, just like in real life there are a lot of runs, play actions passes, and short to medium passes in the 49ers play book out of the gun. Why would I want to give up a book designed to take advantage of my teams strengths while minimizing my team's weaknesses... let alone just so i can use Ted Ginn Jr.? I agree, adn already agreed with you that it can be a good idea to sub him in over Crabtree and sub Crabtree over Morgan for any one of the three WR screens in the play book to take advantage of his speed. However, when you say:

Quote:
those ratings you mentioned dont out weigh his strengths. He is so dynamic with his speed and agility you just need to get him the ball and he will take care of the rest!
I can't help but shake my head. Go in and run screen plays. with random defensive set ups. I have. Throw them to Ginn and to Crabtree. Ginn is far less reliable, as he will drop passes wide open far more often and he is also more likely to fumble the ball if/when your blockers miss someone and he takes a hit.

I play all sorts of styles, not only with all sorts of teams, but you have to change it up as the game dictates, however, both my play style and the 49ers strengths are to play ball control offense. T.o.P, allow that defense to rest, milk the clock, and frustrate their defense. I just played and recorded an unranked game of Madden against a Steelers player. We played 5min quarters. I began with the ball to start the 2ed half with the lead 10-0. i held onto the ball and the lead chewing up the game clock as I marched down the field. Inside the 2min warning and the ball inside the 5 I finally punched it in to take the lead 17-0 and he quit.

I don't know about doing a regular video series, I honestly get the impression the sim community prefers write ups over videos. I'm still thinking about it, and it could be nice to have an X's and O's series for sim fans. Honestly, the best advice I could give is to go into practice, learn how to run your plays in your playbook, learn to read defenses instead of staring down receivers, and do not play defense defensively. If you can do all of that, you'll do really well. I don't really need to make a video to say that.

Last edited by PGaither84; 08-20-2010 at 06:04 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »